Those working on those last 10-15?

Options

Replies

• jonni82014
    jonni82014 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all for your wisdom. I will continue to get educated. I found and prepared some planned meals containing less dairy and released <1#. Good start. Keeping calm.
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    jonni82014 wrote: »
    Thank you to all for your wisdom. I will continue to get educated. I found and prepared some planned meals containing less dairy and released <1#. Good start. Keeping calm.

Remember this is a marathon not a sprint. You will see more progress with MONTHS than days. Keep it up! Just keep "running".
  • jonni82014
    Options
    CRZYFTM wrote: »

Remember this is a marathon not a sprint. You will see more progress with MONTHS than days. Keep it up! Just keep "running".

• jonni82014
    Options
    Thanks looked at my journal released 2.4# over 9 days. That's a win
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Thanks looked at my journal released 2.4# over 9 days. That's a win

Not to rain on your victory lap, but the sport might be water polo with such a short match time! But as already noted, the sunny side is that time and consistency are near-unbeatable teammates, as long as you keep them in the game.

• jonni82014
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Good news. Got my vitals from my BHRT (hormone) Doc. Great results. He also gave me a keto plan; for Mitochondrial cell health which is one of the benefits.Plus other wonderful resources. I was abit down on how to start the keto plan; now I have direction.
    Need to lose 7 (stubborn)#. I now have a purposeful step.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,753 Member
    Options
    Good news. Got my vitals from my BHRT (hormone) Doc. Great results. He also gave me a keto plan; for Mitochondrial cell health which is one of the benefits.Plus other wonderful resources. I was abit down on how to start the keto plan; now I have direction.

Wow you have a dr. promoting keto, how awesome is that?
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Cool!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Yay for your BHRT doc!

You're menopausal? I am!
  • jonni82014
    Options
    Not menopausal: done. Balancing hormones (bio-identical)as naturally, as possible. Keeping my estrogen levels in check. I am a BC survivor 26 years. Another BHRT benefit = anti-aging. Keto=wellness.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Not menopausal: done. Balancing hormones (bio-identical)as naturally, as possible. Keeping my estrogen levels in check. I am a BC survivor 26 years. Another BHRT benefit = anti-aging. Keto=wellness.
    I use the term menopausal to refer to the rest of our lives, rather than "post-menopausal".
    I use Bio-identical as well. Congrats on your health!
  • MissMorts
    MissMorts Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    bump
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Bump again.... because I think there's a few of us in this position...
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I have lost down to my goal body fat percentage without losing any actual pounds...now I'm not sure if I should even bother with those last 10 lbs...
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,753 Member
    Options
    I have lost down to my goal body fat percentage without losing any actual pounds...now I'm not sure if I should even bother with those last 10 lbs...

Ah the choices we must make along our Journey.

So awesome you have lost the body fat % !!
  • jonni82014
    edited June 2017
    Options
    How would one measure body fat percentage accurately? Is it calculated by an equation or by a machine?
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I have a scale that uses bioelectric impedance - it's not a 100% accurate method, but it seems to be very consistent from day to day and it lines up visually with photos of women at 20% on google, so I'm calling it sufficient. Could it be 18 or 22, sure, I'm happy with using a ballpark value.
  • jonni82014
    Options
    thanks for the body fat percentage calculation explanation.