Those working on those last 10-15?

Options

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I'm still bouncing around 145...inches still reducing (yay), but weight still relatively stable...
  • jonni82014
    jonni82014 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I have 12# of vanity weight to lose. I am starting LCHF today via Diet Doctor 2 week challenge. I am following the recipes. I know we do not log calories but protein fat and carbs. How does MFP work when we have a recipe to log, do we record all ingredients OR?? Thank you. I am nervous about all of the fat intake and possible weight gain and most of all trusting that the recipes I am making and eating will have show results. I really have to try to trust the program.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    jonni82014 wrote: »
    I have 12# of vanity weight to lose. I am starting LCHF today via Diet Doctor 2 week challenge. I am following the recipes. I know we do not log calories but protein fat and carbs. How does MFP work when we have a recipe to log, do we record all ingredients OR?? Thank you. I am nervous about all of the fat intake and possible weight gain and most of all trusting that the recipes I am making and eating will have show results. I really have to try to trust the program.

You can store full recipes if it is something you will make again. That is the easiest way IMO.

As for fear of fat, that is common because of myths. Check out the launch pad on the main page of this group for lots of very important and helpful tips. One big one is keep your electrolytes up because you will be dumping more fluids initially and the electrolytes go with it.

Another tip is eat slower. This WOE will make you full with less food but it takes 20-30 minutes for the feeling to get from your belly to your brain.

Good luck! You got this!
  • jonni82014
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words. As long as I believe.. I am sure that my fear shall pass.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    At like... 142 for the past FRICKEN' year! 10 lbs above my goal weight that I maintained for a couple years previous no problem. Getting tired of this, and wanting my whole wardrobe back again.
  • jonni82014
    Options
    I signed up at DietDoctor for a two week challenge a few days away from one week. <1.4# released. Dairy a huge obstacle, I think I am sensitive. I am going to look around for some dairy free recipes. yikes, all the fat. One thing that I am sure of have to continue to believe. No sugar no bad carbs.
    ???? (My question) At supper the meal I prepare makes me not interested. Too much protein and too much fat. An example was fried chicken breast with herb garlic butter on a bed of greens. Sounds like a delight, however I did not fry the breast, DH smoked it , I ate half of it. The herb garlic butter half went in the waste bin. Is this normal? No more eggs for breakfast. I had seeds and coconut milk ( low carb) granola. Delightful.
    Thanks for the guidance.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I guess this is technically me. I "found" 5-8 pounds during the menopausal transition. So glad it's not more. I am determined to lose it, and finally feel like I can. I know that may sound weird, but with all the hormonal chaos the last few years I never could manage it. Now I think I can. I'm hoping SLOW carb will still work well for me, but if not, I'll take my carbs down.
    It's vanity weight, for sure. I'm 5'6" and about 142. But it's all in my belly. I don't want a menopot.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    I guess this is technically me. I "found" 5-8 pounds during the menopausal transition. So glad it's not more. I am determined to lose it, and finally feel like I can. I know that may sound weird, but with all the hormonal chaos the last few years I never could manage it. Now I think I can. I'm hoping SLOW carb will still work well for me, but if not, I'll take my carbs down.
    It's vanity weight, for sure. I'm 5'6" and about 142. But it's all in my belly. I don't want a menopot.
    I am in the same boat right now. I haven't been very good for quite a way and dealing with a lot of inflammation the last few weeks. Everything is sore which makes it super hard to exercise. Time to lower my carbs and get off those final 10 lbs.

• jonni82014
    Options
    I am following a LCHF program. I feel like too much dairy. I will look around for dairy free meals. So programmed to count calories.
  • maggiegbrown
    maggiegbrown Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat with everyone. 15 lbs away. I was doing 20 net carbs. but have just falling of the wagon so bad. I live alone now so it is so depressing to cook for just one. So lately all I have been doing is buying frozen dinner or stuff for sandwiches' I would like to know also what a fat bomb tea is as well. Today is a new day and I am back on the message board and I'm going to try to start fresh again. Pray for ya'll! :'(
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Fat bomb tea, or Bullet-proof coffee is a tea/coffee without milk, but with coconut oil, butter and/or cream. Some people also add an egg yolk (I do, to my coffee). It's important to blend these drinks at high speed to amalgamate all the ingredients. Recipes are readily available on line.

Listen up, I'm going to sound a bit harsh here, but here's the thing: Because I live with my H, we both adhere to a LCHF WoE. However, his tastes do not match mine all the way (he isn't keen on fermented pickles, or some vegetables, and doesn't go mad for offal...) so on the occasions I have a day off, and he's at work, I indulge myself and make or eat all the things I mega-love! I make sauerkraut, Kimchi, apple cider vinegar, and everything is from scratch. there's nothing more satisfying than cooking for myself and being able to have the liberty to have the thing I want to eat.

So while I realise 24/7 isn't always welcome or ideal, you have the perfect - and often enviable - position of being able to do precisely what you like! So if you'll excuse me saying, buying ready-meals and sandwiches is just lazy and you do it, if I'm not mistaken, because you sound a little depressed too.

You need to be good to yourself, and validate yourself by treating yourself well.
    You have to exercise a little willpower, and reach out and grab back your 'get-up-and-go'!

I would suggest you write yourself plenty of Positive affirmations, and look at the success stories on here too. And let me tell you, everyone has a 'tale to tell' Everyone's hit a desperately rough patch at some point or another, even with a complete family and company; while this is in no way a pi$$ing contest, please know that by being good to yourself, treating yourself well - in the way you surely deserve - you'll come out the other side, better, stronger, more positive and raring to go, spitting the world in the eye.
    I know, I've been there. Lower than a python's belly in a wheel-rut, I've been low.
    But when you're down, the only way is up.
    So, up an' at 'em!!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,753 Member
    Options
    Think if cooking for one as a luxury when trying to follow an eating plan. Pre cook some of your favorites and just heat them up when you want.

I think Alex had some good ideas.
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options

Ok, I'm going to do it... post my transformation pic. I stalled out at 124 pounds and I think that is because my body doesnt want to go lower without unhealthy drastic measures... and I'm cool with that!
  • EryOaker
    Options
    Hmmm it didn't post the rest of my comment. I'll give it some time and check back in a few. Sometimes it's just a glitch.
  • EryOaker
    Options
    Please excuse the giant bruise on my hip..... I ran into the granite counter's edge.
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! Congratulations & thanks for sharing, very inspiring!
  • EryOaker
    Options
    sixaround1 wrote: »
    Amazing results! Congratulations & thanks for sharing, very inspiring!

Thx! ☺️