Scale Victories

Options
Saiosyn
Saiosyn Posts: 41 Member
edited February 2017 in Social Groups
Let's hear those results! Be proud,even if it's a small number you're doing amazing!

Replies

• Saiosyn
    Saiosyn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That's amazing rfrieman! Proud of you. What are you doing? Just counting calories or are you on some sort of plan?
  • rfrieman
    rfrieman Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Saiosyn - I have really been watching my portion sizes. Portion control is so important. I also only drink water. I like water so this was not really a big step for me. No more sweet tea or soft drinks. I put fresh lemon juice in my water too. I stopped eating most sweets also. I occasionally will have a small piece of something sweet but no longer each large portions. Friday is my cheat day and I eat whatever I chose on this day. It's worked so far and I know it will continue to work if I just stick with it.
  • rfrieman
    rfrieman Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    In 6 weeks, I have lost 24 pounds. This is major for me as I am sticking with it this time. Usually after about 4 weeks on a weight loss program I tend to go back to my old habits. But I vowed this time would be different and I will do this. We all can we just need to set our minds that we will succeed. Great job everyone!! B)
  • Rangerharms
    Rangerharms Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've lost 11 lbs and 9.5 inches of myself in three weeks. Two of those inches were in my waist. I've been doing about 33 minutes on the elliptical 6 days a week and logging everything I eat. Just hope I can stick with it!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    when you say 9.5 inches, are you adding waist and hips together? I track bust, hips, waist, and high waist (because I have a blue-jeans belly bulge above my waist that I'd love to get rid of one of these days)
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    *laughs* that sounds like one weird version of the hokey-pokey :smiley: That does give you a big number!
  • Rangerharms
    Options
    *laughs* that sounds like one weird version of the hokey-pokey :smiley: That does give you a big number!

• Rangerharms
    Options
    Not sure why that didn't show my comment! Haha. In that number scheme of things, bigger is definitely better! The scale lies to me and let's me down, but the tape measure is my true friend! Lol
  • anna4anna
    anna4anna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Not sure why that didn't show my comment! Haha. In that number scheme of things, bigger is definitely better! The scale lies to me and let's me down, but the tape measure is my true friend! Lol

100% agree. The measuring tape doesn't lie! The scale movement can hide certain things. I always update my measurements: neck, bust, waist, hips, thighs, calves, forearm, bicep. It's a good tool to help keep you motivated!

• Chelsi1028
    Chelsi1028 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've lost 38 pounds since June, I lost motivation in October so I've been hovering there for awhile. I was measuring my bust, waist, hips and arms, and well the biggest part around my belly and love handles. I never thought to add up how many inches I lost since I started though. It would be interesting to find out!
  • Rangerharms
    Options
    Jirachii wrote: »
    According to the scale, I've lost 10 pounds since I started exactly three weeks ago :smile: I'm going to estimate that a pound or two is water loss due to my issue drinking enough, but it still feels good to hit that first mini milestone!

That's awesome! Don't forget to take measurements. It's amazing to see the inches add up, especially when the scale slows down.