Non Scale Victories!

Options

Replies

• thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Some might argue that this is not a victory, but to me it is! I HAVE WRINKLES! I'm 34 and people always think I'm in my early 20s. I always tell them I look young because my fat fills out my wrinkles, and they laugh because they think I'm kidding.

Well who's laughing now? I swear I have wrinkles on my face that weren't there yesterday. Laugh lines around my eyes! Like my dad's!

I'm finally going to look my age when I'm done. Now if only my grey hairs would multiply...
  • anna4anna
    anna4anna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Some might argue that this is not a victory, but to me it is! I HAVE WRINKLES! I'm 34 and people always think I'm in my early 20s. I always tell them I look young because my fat fills out my wrinkles, and they laugh because they think I'm kidding.

That's really awesome, good for you!

• Ayane101
    Ayane101 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I do not 'see' the difference so to speak, however when I open my dresser and try on something different and it actually fits, I do a little happy dance.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I was at my parents' home this weekend (and my sister's as well since she lives with them), and while doing my morning "ablutions", tried a pair of my sister's blue jeans on - and was thrilled to see that they fit me very well! That means I'm down to a size 26W, which for me is thrilling because that means I'm almost to the point where I can start finding clothes to fit me in stores again!
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I feel like some of the markers of weight loss have slowed down for me--my clothes were getting too loose rapidly before, but now I'm still very much in the same size I was a month ago--but there is still some nonscale evidence of progress!

People I barely know are commenting on my weight loss regularly now. In the elevator at work this morning, somebody told me I'm "melting away to nothing". I usually can't see the difference in the mirror; more often in pictures. But apparently other people can.

lol, I think it really shows in your face. I see it in your updated profile picture.
  • gazellefish
    gazellefish Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    I feel like some of the markers of weight loss have slowed down for me--my clothes were getting too loose rapidly before, but now I'm still very much in the same size I was a month ago--but there is still some nonscale evidence of progress!

People I barely know are commenting on my weight loss regularly now. In the elevator at work this morning, somebody told me I'm "melting away to nothing". I usually can't see the difference in the mirror; more often in pictures. But apparently other people can.

lol, I think it really shows in your face. I see it in your updated profile picture.

Seconded! It's very evident in the new photo - congrats!!
  • kimbermak
    kimbermak Posts: 148 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Had a doctor's appointment yesterday. He was very pleased!!! Down 41lbs since my last visit in November and my A1C (sugars) dropped from 6.6 to 6.2. Next appointment he'll check my cholesterol numbers (I've got my work cut out). He also took me off of my blood pressure meds. I guess this is both a scale and non scale victory and makes the fact that I only lost .6 lbs last week acceptable.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    congratulations kimber! Getting off the blood pressure meds is a huge success!
  • kimbermak
    kimbermak Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    congratulations kimber! Getting off the blood pressure meds is a huge success!

Thanks. Last November, he took me off of the diabetes meds, now the blood pressure. Maybe next appt I'll get rid of the cholesterol meds and be med free!!!!!
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    I took my measurements today, and I've lost on average of 4" off the waist, hips, bust, and my muffin top lol I'm very happy!
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I noticed this week it is easier to tie my shoes, and I don't get out of breath climbing the stairs to my condo.

Also, my friends and my kids are starting to notice a difference, and have been telling me so. That's really nice, because I don't see a difference, but I do know I feel better, so maybe it is just reflecting my mood? My knees and feet don't hurt like they did 6 (or even 3) months ago, and neither does my stomach.