Problems, hardships, and issues.

Options
Saiosyn
Saiosyn Posts: 41 Member
Share some things that you're finding difficult for other to give their advice on how to overcome them.

Replies

• Saiosyn
    Options
    For me, it's my water intake. I can NEVER finish my water. Even now... It's 1:32 pm and I haven't had any water yet >.< So, off to go get some.
  • Meatymama45
    Meatymama45 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started this journey in June. Today is the first day I've exercised. I find it difficult to move my body. I'm glad when I do, but it's the getting going that is the toughest.
  • auntmaggie2three
    auntmaggie2three Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Saiosyn wrote: »
    For me, it's my water intake. I can NEVER finish my water. Even now... It's 1:32 pm and I haven't had any water yet >.< So, off to go get some.

What's your drink of choice then? I'm a huge diet mountain dew drinker!!! I can't drink plain water, so I use those those low calorie (10 cals per packet) water flavors. Once I do that, I can get 3-4 bottles in at least per day.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I started this journey in June. Today is the first day I've exercised. I find it difficult to move my body. I'm glad when I do, but it's the getting going that is the toughest.

Congratulations on starting your exercise component! I've been diet focused but will need to add exercise soon, if I'm going to keep my weight loss on schedule.
  • Saiosyn
    Options

What's your drink of choice then? I'm a huge diet mountain dew drinker!!! I can't drink plain water, so I use those those low calorie (10 cals per packet) water flavors. Once I do that, I can get 3-4 bottles in at least per day.

My drink choice is milk xD I love milk. Anything from powdered or super skim to vitamin D xD But I can't have that much anymore. Sad day. xD

Tell me about it. I can walk all day, but anything cardio I feel like I'm chained to my chair. My first cardio class is actually tomorrow. Baby steps ^.^ But you did great by starting. Proud of you
  • anna4anna
    anna4anna Posts: 123 Member
    Options

I struggled with water in the very beginning. But now water is my drink of choice hands down. This may not work for anyone else but for me, it was keeping my Brita pitcher on the kitchen counter instead of in the fridge that helped the most. I found that I couldn't drink ice cold water as often, almost like it felt like it was "quenching" my thirst faster because it was cold so then I'd stop wanting to drink more. Once I started drinking room temp or just slightly chilled water, I could down liters of it easily throughout the day.

I also found that keeping a bottle of water by my bed allowed me to easily remember to drink 3 cups as soon as I wake up. And then a bottle before bed as well.
  • Saiosyn
    Options
    anna4anna wrote: »

I struggled with water in the very beginning. But now water is my drink of choice hands down. This may not work for anyone else but for me, it was keeping my Brita pitcher on the kitchen counter instead of in the fridge that helped the most. I found that I couldn't drink ice cold water as often, almost like it felt like it was "quenching" my thirst faster because it was cold so then I'd stop wanting to drink more. Once I started drinking room temp or just slightly chilled water, I could down liters of it easily throughout the day.

I also found that keeping a bottle of water by my bed allowed me to easily remember to drink 3 cups as soon as I wake up. And then a bottle before bed as well.

I hate hate hate hate water. I have to drink it ice cold unless I'm thirsty. Otherwise, it justs tastes nasty. I'm getting better with it. Just not hitting my goal daily as I'd like. Plus when I do, I barely go 30 mins without needing to pee xD I've started leaving 1/2 full bottles of water in the freezer and then adding room temp water to the frozen bottles and I can drink 1.2 bottles of water at a time doing that. Works for me. I also just installed an app that goes off ever 1.5 hours to remind me of my water which is not helping as much as I like. But it's more consistent than my man telling me to water myself only after I remember I need it xD
  • SeminoleGirl78
    SeminoleGirl78 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Was just wondering if anyone struggles with emotional eating. On a normal basis I can stick with a calorie range and am satisfied with what I eat, not hungry or anything. When I get really down or stressed, I turn to food and become an endless pit. Where on a normal day, 2 slices of pizza would be filling but when I'm emotionally eating, I could consume a large pizza, a burger, fries, ice cream and still keep going.
  • Saiosyn
    Options
    I never really emotionally ate before. But I have nommed cause I was bored. I know it's definitely not the same thing but it helps me stay way from doing so by making sure I have something to keep my mind occupied. If I absolutely feel like eating, I go find d veggies to chop. Or I'll meal prep. Then nom on something small like an apple or celery as I do it. Or find something to play with my daughter. Or I go soak in the tub with a book. Or go for a walk. Or find a game to play. Anything to keep my mind busy really.
  • Theo166
    Options
    Here's the water trick that works for me, drinking hot/warm water.

I have a 32oz plastic insulated coffee mug from the convenience store. I fill it with hot water and throw in a bag tea. When it's empty, I refill it again and reuse the same tea bag for the whole day. It's winter here anyway so warm water is easier to keep sipping.
  • Saiosyn
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    Here's the water trick that works for me, drinking hot/warm water.

I have a 32oz plastic insulated coffee mug from the convenience store. I fill it with hot water and throw in a bag tea. When it's empty, I refill it again and reuse the same tea bag for the whole day. It's winter here anyway so warm water is easier to keep sipping.

I like this idea...I might steal it.
  • ilywamh06
    ilywamh06 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Mine is alcohol! I don't drink everyday but on weekends I like to have a few beers or drinks. I have been really good these last few weeks until this weekend. I went overboard with it and I caught myself not eating enough food so I could save my calories for alcohol now I'm starving but I already drank the calories for the day. :( I either starve or go over my calorie intake.
  • Theo166
    Options
    No biggie if you go over for one day, just track it. It's building your awareness.

The plus side of not eating much before is it takes less alcohol to get a buzz, lol
  • LizJru
    LizJru Posts: 19 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Was just wondering if anyone struggles with emotional eating. On a normal basis I can stick with a calorie range and am satisfied with what I eat, not hungry or anything. When I get really down or stressed, I turn to food and become an endless pit. Where on a normal day, 2 slices of pizza would be filling but when I'm emotionally eating, I could consume a large pizza, a burger, fries, ice cream and still keep going.

I absolutely emotionally eat! I eat when I'm bored, too. Food is a go-to for me. Comfort is also a big thing for me.

I love the idea of prepping and nibbling or distracting with a positive activity, I'm going to try that more. @Saiosyn My dietician suggested a warm beverage to sip and enjoy. I've found that to work well. (In fact, she has given me about 10 really good tips I'm considering posting).

I love water when I remember to keep it on hand (and chilled). Otherwise, I down Cokes like they are water :/ This is my big goal, and practically only focus for now: drink less, and replace it with tea and water.

As for alcohol: I used to love consuming it on the weekends, but find myself less interested now because I struggle with mental health issues that don't interact well. What I used to do, though, was try to drink lower calorie beverages like vodka namely, with low calorie mixers like diet or soda water. It's less enjoyable, but got the results I wanted. Secondly, like Theo says, you could exercise or skimp the eating that week, to have the calories to enjoy.

Love this thread, hope everyone's doing well, I'm always here if you need an ear just message me.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I don't love water but I keep it by me and the more I drink the more I want. I drink at least 36 oz before I go to work while I am working out. At work I have a 74 oz jug and I drink two of those a day. I used to use the no calorie sweeteners, but I felt like they made my heart feel funny. Now I add some lemon and a few packs of stevia and I just keep filling up my cup until the water is gone.
  • Theo166
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Wow, ~200 oz of water a day, I'd be hitting the 'john' every 15 minutes. I'm probably drinking 64 oz of water on a good day, plus several coffees
  • Saiosyn
    Options
    I was told if I was a soda drinker, which I'm not really...I liked my teas more..had to give them up too, well not entirely, but you know. they're now my treats. But anyway... I was told to never drink your calories. And if you must have soda, diet clear sodas are preferred in the dieting world. So like diet sprite or diet 7up. Things like that.
  • Saiosyn
    Options
    Alright guys, so how the heck do you kick yourself in the *kitten* to get your butt up. In general. I know I should eat....or go get water.... or move. But until my other half says something, or I actually feel hungry (which is damned near never)... I don't wanna go get anything. This may sound weird, considering my size...but I don't like eating, I never have. Food makes me feel sick. So I used to eat about once a day. Sometimes, once every two days. I would never drink water, I preferred tea and milk.

I've been doing well this last week. I slip up a few times, don't drink anywhere near the 100oz of water I need...or I'll skip a meal here or there. Or I push off exercises till later or the next day. I'm by no means lazy, just lack the motivation to do so....which I guess kinda means lazy? But bleh..

I know that no one can tell me to go do something, that I'm responsible for my actions and follow through, but lately, I haven't been feeling it and pushing through it is getting harder for me. It's mainly eating and drinking water. Exercise I just push off for an hour or so.

I've tried a rewards system. Where I would close down anything I liked to do (playing video games, reading, netflix, and even going outside) till I've eaten. All that does is make me hate food even more. >.< When I talked to a friend about this before, I was asked how a fat person could hate food. How that made me fat if I never ate. I have no idea, genetics is what my mum says. Who knows.

But anyway...any ideas on how to overcome this...please let me know.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I have a weakness for bread, fast food, and sweets, but I've been really good so far. However, I had such a horrible craving for a Little Debbie fudge round yesterday! I avoided it and instead baked a pear with a little sprinkle of oatmeal, cinnamon, and a touch of Truvia brown sugar blend, and that helped, but I'm female and at that time of the month when munchies hit me like crazy.

I know that splurging once in a while won't hurt, but I know myself well enough to know that giving in just once leads to next time and then to next time, and the next thing I know, I've fallen off the wagon - that's been my personal history. It helps, though, that my roommate moved out recently, because I never had much support from her when I was dieting - she'd either complain about the meal choices I needed, or she'd keep snack food in the house, and I've found that if it's here, I can't stay away from it. So after she left, I cleaned my cabinets and fridge out and sent it all over to my mother! If its not there, it can't tempt me!