Problems, hardships, and issues.

Options

Replies

• Rangerharms
    Rangerharms Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all. Hopefully you guys can help a girl out. I am well on my way to losing approx 115 lbs. (I've lost 20 so far). I was born with a very rare hereditary condition that causes blistering on my feet anytime there is friction involved. (VERY tender feet). I have been doing an elliptical machine because this seems to be less stressful on my feet. Within the last week, I've switched to walking at least 2 miles every day just to change up my cardio routine. My poor feet are SO sore...does anyone have any remedies for blisters when running/walking? I'd really like to keep walking and eventually run, but unless I come up with a solution to the blistering, i will not be able to do it. My shoes are a good fit and I'm currently using the specialized socks for less friction...but it does not seem to be working. Thoughts??? Tia!
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    In this 100+ lbs loss journey, we should all expect to take some wrong turns.

Beating yourself up is like trying to drive from LA to NY without GPS, and expecting to never take a wrong turn.
  • anna4anna
    anna4anna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    @bmeadows380 thanks for your input :) I just wanted to clarify that I was actually responding to the post @Saiosyn made above me. I know there are a multitude of nutrition plans aside from Keto, I would never want to impose my WOE on anyone. I only share information when it may be relevant. I 100% agree that its all about finding what works for you and is sustainable for your lifestyle.
  • Saiosyn
    Saiosyn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys. It's not that I have issues with staying under 20g of carbs when I'm feeling normal.... And I guess I'll get a bit personal, but I don't want a bunch of I'm sorries or oh my gods. Or whatever. But my mother passed last week. 13 days ago...And I've been stress eating. Carbs. And That's that I'm having trouble stopping. The stress eating from dealing with everything that comes along with it. Yesterday was the first day I actually ate a proper amount of food. With my proper macros. Granted....I only ate once. But it was kinda like a fat fast I guess. Huge breakfast (1000 cal ish) then nothing till I woke up at 12:30AM. Now I'm nomming on a small snack till another breakfast. So I think I might actually be able to pull myself out of this funk. We'll see how today goes. I might need to take a day where I feel like crawling out of bed and meal prep cause that also was an issue. I didn't wanna make anything. I just went to the kitchen and grabbed something easy. Or ate left overs from what people brought me. Though I really want some homemade bread right now xD
  • Ayane101
    Ayane101 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a spouse that may/may not be supportive be sure as heck does not help the situation at all. I love my husband, but he sits here and says he wants to lose weight, and when I tell him just the basics - go down to a 2k calorie intake and just get used to tracking everything first, (because big steps are not his strong suit) he just says he isn't gunna do that. Then goes about his business. It makes my heart hurt.

I know if I actually put effort into my weight loss I would lose more weight, but for it to be as simple as eating less and more of the right things and taking a couple extra walks. I park further away at the grocery store. It is all little things and I am steady losing weight. Little by little. Sigh. I hope he gets it together before it is too late.

Sorry for venting
  • anna4anna
    Options
    @Saiosyn I'm deeply sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Stress eating is definitely an obstacle no one really prepares for, just know that it says a lot about yourself too that you're back and you're trying. You can do this.
  • anna4anna
    Options
    Ayane101 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a spouse that may/may not be supportive be sure as heck does not help the situation at all. I love my husband, but he sits here and says he wants to lose weight, and when I tell him just the basics - go down to a 2k calorie intake and just get used to tracking everything first, (because big steps are not his strong suit) he just says he isn't gunna do that. Then goes about his business. It makes my heart hurt.

I know if I actually put effort into my weight loss I would lose more weight, but for it to be as simple as eating less and more of the right things and taking a couple extra walks. I park further away at the grocery store. It is all little things and I am steady losing weight. Little by little. Sigh. I hope he gets it together before it is too late.

Sorry for venting

@Ayane101 I agree with you, little things can add up to bigger things for sure. Regarding your husband, we can't control what other people do. We can only control what we do ourselves. It sounds like maybe the idea of tracking everything he eats seems overwhelming to him. Maybe it starts with portion control, or tweaking recipes into lower calorie versions, or swapping out food you keep in the house gradually etc. Idk...people are strange sometimes. Sometimes it's best to just "lead by example." All I know is, a lot of people around me who kept claiming they never were "into all that" suddenly started asking me how I'm doing it.
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @Saiosyn you need to give yourself sometime to process your loss ... a day at the time and you will get back to your healthier eating pattern .. just chose something to change each day and to try other healthier alternatives that might help with the cravings.

@Rangerharms my husband does triathlons so he runs for several hours and to avoid blisters he uses socks that are specifically for running (they have cushioning and feet don't sweat as much) and covers his feet with glide (looks like a bar deodorant). In terms of workout, if you go to a gym have you tried rowing? You have the traditional machine and then the one with water resistance that I love because the sound relaxes me
  • Ayane101
    Ayane101 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    @Saiosyn
    Big hugs!!! Process what you are going through and deal with that first.

@anna4anna
    I totally hear what you are saying. I make him the same sized plate as myself in order to help the portion control but he will then go and grab another full plate or eat a whole bag of chips right afterwards. I know I can not control him or change him. I just hope that after he starts to actually see my loss it might inspire him to want to talk some steps himself.
  • Rangerharms
    Options
    @Saiosyn you need to give yourself sometime to process your loss ... a day at the time and you will get back to your healthier eating pattern .. just chose something to change each day and to try other healthier alternatives that might help with the cravings.

@Rangerharms my husband does triathlons so he runs for several hours and to avoid blisters he uses socks that are specifically for running (they have cushioning and feet don't sweat as much) and covers his feet with glide (looks like a bar deodorant). In terms of workout, if you go to a gym have you tried rowing? You have the traditional machine and then the one with water resistance that I love because the sound relaxes me

Thank you!! I will look into the socks and glide!
  • Jirachii
    Jirachii Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've also been stumbling a bit. I'm still eating under my limit, but what I'm eating is not the healthiest haha. I've "only" lost one pound in the past week, but I had a large enough deficit to almost lose two.

Everyone got sick with the flu and I ran out of healthy groceries. No one wanted to cook or go shopping, so I either skipped meals (Saturday I only ate once) or when I finally ate it would be all of my calories in one meal and a desert. Saturday I had two biiiig helpings of spaghetti with ground beef and garlic bread, and then a cup of frozen yogurt. I was still under 1400 so no big deal, but that was the first time I felt the want to just eat and eat and eat and eat and I'm having a hard time getting rid of it. I think the issue has been since I don't have my typical lunch choice, I'm back to eating frozen and canned foods like I used to before I started. They're pretty much all carbs. My dinner last night and the night before were pretty much all carbs.

I'm hoping the extra pound or so just water weight from all the carbs, but who knows? Buying more chicken and rice and whatnot tomorrow I think. I wonder if it'll curb the cravings I've been having again. At least I ate all of the frozen yogurt, so no more of that :p I've still been here logging, but I ditched the community aspect of MFP for a while and refused to update my weight due to no progress.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I understand completely, Jirachii. My parents were up 2 weeks ago, which threw me off my pattern, since I was cooking for 3 instead of 1, and it seems to have re-awakened the part of me that wants to eat sugar and other things that I had been trying to limit, so it's been a constant argument with myself, and I've caught myself slipping, eating a little more than my limit, giving in, just estimating because I know it will be more than what I should have, etc. I am still losing, but it's slowed way down. This weekend was the worst - I definitely over-did it Saturday and Sunday.

But I'll keep slogging along!
  • omgstfualready
    omgstfualready Posts: 63 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

• Jirachii
    Jirachii Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    It's so interesting that for an entire month I never felt a strong urge to eat anything unhealthy or eat more than one serving.

Suddenly there's some good spaghetti in my face and I'm like hold my stuff. I even had the leftovers for lunch today and then had a small dinner so I could finish the leftover spaghetti lol. I think I can officially list spaghetti as a weakness food. Bright side is that the noodles were whole wheat. But the meat was all ground beef ;_; What sucks is I'm still hungry.
  • SeminoleGirl78
    SeminoleGirl78 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Saiosyn wrote: »
    Thank you guys. It's not that I have issues with staying under 20g of carbs when I'm feeling normal.... And I guess I'll get a bit personal, but I don't want a bunch of I'm sorries or oh my gods. Or whatever. But my mother passed last week. 13 days ago...And I've been stress eating. Carbs. And That's that I'm having trouble stopping. The stress eating from dealing with everything that comes along with it. Yesterday was the first day I actually ate a proper amount of food. With my proper macros. Granted....I only ate once. But it was kinda like a fat fast I guess. Huge breakfast (1000 cal ish) then nothing till I woke up at 12:30AM. Now I'm nomming on a small snack till another breakfast. So I think I might actually be able to pull myself out of this funk. We'll see how today goes. I might need to take a day where I feel like crawling out of bed and meal prep cause that also was an issue. I didn't wanna make anything. I just went to the kitchen and grabbed something easy. Or ate left overs from what people brought me. Though I really want some homemade bread right now xD

I'm so sorry for your loss. It always takes time to get through something like that but you will get back on track!
  • SeminoleGirl78
    Options
    Ayane101 wrote: »

Sorry for venting

I know how you feel. My boyfriend said he would eat better and start exercising with me, hasn't happened yet in the 4 months I've really been trying. What is even worse is when he is out shopping and buys me junk food that he knows I like. Know he is trying to be sweet but it's sabotaging me.
  • SeminoleGirl78
    edited April 2017
    Options
    My issue is sleeping, I average 2 or 3 hours per night.
    This is not helping with my weight loss at all. I've tried teas, over the counter stuff, exercising and nothing seems to help. Talked to the doctor once but wont prescribe anything. I have a desk job so I eat throughout the day to help stay awake. I just don't know what else to try.
  • Rangerharms
    Options

I know how you feel. My boyfriend said he would eat better and start exercising with me, hasn't happened yet in the 4 months I've really been trying. What is even worse is when he is out shopping and buys me junk food that he knows I like. Know he is trying to be sweet but it's sabotaging me. [/quote]

Ugh!! Me too! Hubby just bought me a five pack of Cadbury eggs knowing that I LOVE them.....he says they are for "celebratory purposes" when I lose...but what he doesn't realize is that every time I open the cabinet door, they wave at me and beg me to scarf them all down in one sitting!
  • SeminoleGirl78
    Options

I know how you feel. My boyfriend said he would eat better and start exercising with me, hasn't happened yet in the 4 months I've really been trying. What is even worse is when he is out shopping and buys me junk food that he knows I like. Know he is trying to be sweet but it's sabotaging me.

Ugh!! Me too! Hubby just bought me a five pack of Cadbury eggs knowing that I LOVE them.....he says they are for "celebratory purposes" when I lose...but what he doesn't realize is that every time I open the cabinet door, they wave at me and beg me to scarf them all down in one sitting! [/quote]

The last thing he bought me was Cadbury eggs too.....his excuse was I know you love these and they aren't out all the time.
  • omgstfualready
    omgstfualready Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My issue is sleeping, I average 2 or 3 hours per night.
    This is not helping with my weight loss at all. I've tried teas, over the counter stuff, exercising and nothing seems to help. Talked to the doctor once but wont prescribe anything. I have a desk job so I eat throughout the day to help stay awake. I just don't know what else to try.

I have a ton of issues sleeping. Mine is due to stress and not being able to get my mind to stop racing. I found this guy on youtube not terribly long ago and it has helped me tremendously. You don't know me but I'm not a hippy/dippy therapy/hypnosis person, but I was desperate and it helped me so much.

He has a number of sessions but I've been using the sleep and letting go I've never heard the entire thing, I'm able to sleep pretty fast now when I have it on. If I'm super wound up I put it on a loop so when I wake up during the night I can go back to sleep pretty quickly again. I hope it helps if you decide to try it. I have no affiliation with this guy at all. Good luck

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC85kX_lkwSOISRCnqMvI_kA