Me Vs. The Binge -- March 2017 Challenge

Options

Replies

• red_mage
    red_mage Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    March 14:

Me: 11, Binge: 3

Thinking the time change and resulting trouble sleeping may have contributed to the 3/13 binge- I'm very much a creature of routine and I felt "off" all day Sunday. Down 7 lbs from 2/14 thanks to appetite suppressants + diet + exercise.
  • hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Me: 12
    Binge: 1
    BW: 13

@nevadaden Lets gather in the power of the victories no point in retreating as well as you've been doing.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Me: 14
    Binge: 0
    DBF: 15

Worked from home today because I've got a cold. I was very tempted to binge on comfort foods but so far so good. Glad I prepped a crockpot meal last night!
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    March 15

Me: 13
    Binge: 2

DBF: 2
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Me: 15
    B: 0
    B-free: 17

Feel like I'm back on track today..
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    March 15

me: 11*
    The B: 4
  • hillmike56
    Options
    Binge: 1
    BW: 14

Made it through the "Ides of March Battle". But today is the start of March Madness tough day for a guy who grew up in North Carolina the college basketball state. Nothing goes better with the tournment than ... you guess it beer! A major test for a 1449 calorie diet.
  • wendyron3
    wendyron3 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Me-4
    B-3
    Feeling low to have been binging after a good run this year. Any ideas about moving forward and leaving these thoughts behind?
  • branbuds
    edited March 2017
    Options
    wendyron3 wrote: »
    Me-4
    B-3
    Feeling low to have been binging after a good run this year. Any ideas about moving forward and leaving these thoughts behind?

You can see from this group that we all make mistakes. It is especially discouraging after a good number of days. But don't let a binge derail your good plans. Don't use a binge as an excuse like "well I already blew it, I may as well keep eating". Put it behind you. It is over. From this moment on, get back on track. You will be successful and have another good run. Try going for a walk - a little exercise and change of scenery can help.
    Hugs
  • Moxie42
    Options
    DBF: 16

Struggling and haven't been sticking to the plan, but I haven't binged. I feel like pure stubbornness is getting me through because I'm just so sick and tired of slipping up. It's really hard for me to get back on track after a binge- it turns into days or weeks of it. I just need to get over this cold and get my energy back.

@wendyron3 - as branbuds said, we all slip up from time to time and it can be hard to get back on track. If it were easy, we wouldn't need this group! All you can really do is focus on the now. You can't do anything about what happened yesterday or this morning, but you can focus on what you can do today and tomorrow. Sometimes, to get out of the binge cycle, I'll find a new recipe to try and make a big, yummy dinner that's also healthy. It makes it fun and new, so I look forward to it and avoid other temptations.
  • wendyron3
    wendyron3 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Moxie42 wrote: »
    DBF: 16

Struggling and haven't been sticking to the plan, but I haven't binged. I feel like pure stubbornness is getting me through because I'm just so sick and tired of slipping up. It's really hard for me to get back on track after a binge- it turns into days or weeks of it. I just need to get over this cold and get my energy back.

@wendyron3 - as branbuds said, we all slip up from time to time and it can be hard to get back on track. If it were easy, we wouldn't need this group! All you can really do is focus on the now. You can't do anything about what happened yesterday or this morning, but you can focus on what you can do today and tomorrow. Sometimes, to get out of the binge cycle, I'll find a new recipe to try and make a big, yummy dinner that's also healthy. It makes it fun and new, so I look forward to it and avoid other temptations.

Thanks so much for your suggestions! So far today no binge! I'm hoping I haven't derailed my weight loss to bad. I'm afraid to weigh myself:(
  • branbuds
    Options
    March 16

Me: 14

DBF: 3

@Moxie42 - I find one of the most difficult times to avoid a binge is after a binge. You are so right that one binge leads to days, weeks or even months of binge eating. I have other triggers as well. But it is quite difficult to get back on track after even I episode of binge eating!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    March 16

Me: 12
    B: 4
  • hillmike56
    Options
    BW: 15

It wasn't the basketball, it wasn't beer it was an unexpected carry out that my wife brought home from a soul food restaurant that somehow got the BINGE talking about the food of my southern youth. I guess this war we fight with BINGE cannot always be planned. I'm not on retreat though just doubling down on the attack!
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Me: 16
    DBF: 17

So many close calls this week! But starting my part-time consulting gig today (in addition to my full-time job). I'm looking forward to being busy, and mastering the art of one-dish and crockpot meals. It's weird- I tend to eat less healthy when I'm busy (because of not wanting to take the time to cook)...yet when I'm busy I'm less likely to actually binge. So my challenge will be always having healthy food prepped so I can both not binge AND eat healthy! I'm excited though- this consulting gig is going to open up SO many opportunities for me if all goes well. And having that light at the end of the tunnel is really helping me focus on my own goals, including my health.
  • branbuds
    Options
    March 17

DBF: 4
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Me: 17
    B: 0