March 2017 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,312 Member
    Options
    clepant wrote: »
    clepant wrote: »
    I am going to start calling Friday my Fist Fight Friday's. iIt was another round of putting my body between two of my Autistic students who are constantly clobbering each other or taking swings at me. I feel like a martial arts trainee blocking body blows. I ran a mile in that class alone keeping one child moving. No wonder I am so tired by Friday evening.

I have an Asperger's child. I can't thank people like you enough for putting up with their problems. Mine doesn't punch, but you never know what will set him off. I don't know you do it, teaching them, but I do thank you. :star:

Thanks Dean. Your comments made my day in more ways than you can possibly know. I worked another 12 hr. day. My autistic kids spared me today but my one Asperger student ended my intramural finals tonight by punching one of his teammates in the family jewels. I spent another evening at work till 7 trying to find out what happened. Went home crying and told my hubby that I am done taking kids in my program with anger issues because I am a sucker for caring and wanting them to have some of the. Same experiences like all the other kids. Some parents want blood when something like this happens. I won't go any further but some days are pretty tough and this old girl is wearing out. Your comment was just what I needed at this very moment. I always tell myself, that I have them for a few hours but they are yours for a lifetime. I think parents are the real heroes.

@CLEPANT - I'd like to thank you too! My oldest son had/has Asperger's too (mostly just inattention, HYPERactivity and obliviousness with social interactions, but rarely anger or meltdowns) and through all of the help and support he received from caring teachers like you and other support staff in Elementary School, he overcame his difficulties before he hit Middle School and is now a wonderfully adjusted (albeit lovably quirky) 20-yr old adult. :smile:

Now..my girlfriend's 17-yr old son is another story. He's taking a lot longer to come to terms with controlling his emotions and blurting out whatever pops into his twisted mind. He's not physically violent either but his sense of humor runs to the dark and sarcastic side. Definitely still a work in progress. His mentality is about 12-13 yrs old and he's maturing at a snail's pace. Truckloads of patience required. :grimace:

But thank you again for caring and being a good example to these kids. And I don't blame you one bit for wanting to be done with them. I have those days too. :)

Dave
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    3/9-3/19 = 35.83

exercise.png
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    5.86 miles walked today

94.61 miles walked to date
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,849 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    3/19 2.25 miles

As of 3/19 127.50 miles of 250 miles(correct mileage) My ticker doesn't want to update sorry!

exercise.png

• darkrider42
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
  • sugah11
    sugah11 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just got back onto FP and would like to join the challenge for the rest of the month I am commiting to 50 miles between 3/20 and 3/31 Walking or Treadmill.
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,798 Member
    Options
    3/20
    27.76 miles
    527.29 miles MTD
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,197 Member
    Options
    Adding 13 miles for 141 out of 250.

Adding 7 miles for 148 out of 250. 10 days and 100 miles to go. I got this! :smile:
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    March 20: Adding 10.5 miles today of walking 5.5 miles and cycling 5 miles.
    TTD: 249 miles

exercise.png

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    Add 4 miles for a total of 47.5 miles.

exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Got in 3.5 on foot since my last post. Today was 7.5 on ex bike plus I lead Tabata class tonite! I still got it folks! LOL!!!

exercise.png
  • micheleg1965
    micheleg1965 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Walked 2.91 miles today.
    36.56/60 total miles
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 7.2 miles

exercise.png
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Updating for yesterday MTD 117.71

exercise.png

Bike 48.20

• darkrider42
    edited March 2017
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

@sugah11 - Welcome back! Good to see you with us again.

Today is a good day. No particular reason. Lots of things are just going well and I find myself in a happy mood like I haven't really had in about a year. All of my troubles are not over, but today I'm focusing on the good and there is a lot of it.

I hope for all of you that you find and embrace your happy today too, whatever it is. :heart:
    Dave
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    @darkrider42 Fantastic! Have a great day!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Options
    @Dave, days like those are special because you'll remember that good feeling.

Haven't done much lately since I've developed an Achilles Tendinitis in my left foot that's flared up a lot this past weekend, finally taking me to urgent care yesterday. Have an ortho appt next week and in the meantime trying to rest it (it made me miss two classes this week which also made me pout). Got a little cabin fever today though and took a walk I'll probably regret later, so adding 3 miles.

Getting my ice pack now,

exercise.png

• imadiva32
    imadiva32 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    3/1-1m
    3/2-1.75m
    3/6-2.16m
    3/7-1.6m
    3/8-1.77m
    3/20-2.8m
    Total-11.08m