Snack Ideas?

Options
codename_steve
codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
I looked back through a few pages, and couldn't find an existing post (and not sure how to search within this group), so forgive me if it's already been asked a million times. But!

What do you snack on? I'm kinda kinda bored with cheese, pecans, and black olives.

Replies

• Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    One of my go-to snacks is hot salami. I have four slices, it's 1g carb and 110cal but good source of fat, protein and sodium.
    http://sharemastro.com/mastro-hot-genoa-salami/

(Edited to add: they also have a non-spicey variety that's 0g carb, but I gotta have my spices hehe.)

My other go-to is the boring black olives :wink:

My once-in-a-while snack is pistachio nuts.
    http://www.travelinglowcarb.com/4343/wonderful-pistachios-super-bowl-commercial/
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    String cheese, salami and cheese, pickles, ham rollups...with cheese. (Clearly I rely on dairy) , pork rinds, jerky, hard boiled eggs, and avocados are my go-to snacks.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    FYI, here's a food & recipes list (from the LCD LaunchPad sticky):

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10348430/recipe-tips-websites-lcd-group-member-recipes
  • the_new_mark_2017
    the_new_mark_2017 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Celery and Peanut butter - yum
  • motorcyclekopp
    motorcyclekopp Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My top snacks right now are:
    Pepperoni, parmesan cheese crisps (-especially awesome), beef sticks, pork rinds, colby jack cheese sticks, macadamia nuts. Those salami rolls with cream cheese & pepperchinis are pretty awesome too.
  • tinachris14
    tinachris14 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My go to is pickle with cream cheese rolled up in a slice of ham.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    My go to is pickle with cream cheese rolled up in a slice of ham.

Literally, my favorite.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    This link my have some good suggestions as well IIRC:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10423302/woe-hacks#latest
  • englishmuffinruns
    englishmuffinruns Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I found some fresh mozzeralla "pearls" last night at Publix. They're about the size of a mini marshmallow and perfect with a piece of pepperoni.

I'll fight you for good cheese - must be the English in me coming out!
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

85-90% dark chocolate
    pork rinds
  • codename_steve
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas, everyone!! I have been doing a lot of pork rinds lately too. I ended up getting slim jims, salami, peanut/dark chocolate bars, Parmesan crisps, imitation crab, and cucumbers with ranch (made with full fat sour cream).

I frequently fall into a food rut and need inspiration to get out of it! haha
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I LOVE imitation crab but all I've seen are loaded with carbs. I fit 'em in sometimes. <3
    Thanks for all the ideas, everyone!! I have been doing a lot of pork rinds lately too. I ended up getting slim jims, salami, peanut/dark chocolate bars, Parmesan crisps, imitation crab, and cucumbers with ranch (made with full fat sour cream).

• jenmckane86
    jenmckane86 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I make up deviled eggs and snack on those throughout the week. I just mix the yolk with some mayo, mustard and bacon bits.

I also like to snack on the mini sweet peppers with cream cheese. The peppers are a little higher in carbs than I prefer, but they are great a few times a week.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Cheese curds! Mmmmmmmm.
  • Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My snack faves right now are spicy Buffalo pork rinds, hot and spicy pickles, cashews (weighed and measured out of course), and sweet and spicy turkey Italian sausage with a couple of tablespoons of tomatoe sauce.
  • codename_steve
    Options
    Cheese curds! Mmmmmmmm.

Oooh, I had the fried cheese curds from Buffalo Wild Wings this weekend, they were delicious!!!
  • codename_steve
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    I LOVE imitation crab but all I've seen are loaded with carbs. I fit 'em in sometimes. <3

Yeah, I love it enough to make it work every once in a while. And it's been a while!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    seaweed snacks...especially the wasabi ones
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say imitation crab and lobster is full of wheat starch and sugar :(