Snack Ideas?

2»

Replies

• Midnightgypsy0
    Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
    seaweed snacks...especially the wasabi ones

Love those seaweed snacks. Local Freshco has several flavours now.
  • PaulRaymond
    PaulRaymond Posts: 5 Member
    Can't seem to find them in the UK, but Two Chicks make a snack that is essentially all Egg White. Would like to get those.
  • LEAS86
    LEAS86 Posts: 144 Member
    I make up deviled eggs and snack on those throughout the week. I just mix the yolk with some mayo, mustard and bacon bits.

I also like to snack on the mini sweet peppers with cream cheese. The peppers are a little higher in carbs than I prefer, but they are great a few times a week.

Up there among my favourite snacks but I have to watch the carb count on the peppers or I can easily go over board. They're awesome in salads too.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited March 2017
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Sorry to say imitation crab and lobster is full of wheat starch and sugar :(

If they candidly called those *kitten* things Carb Stix*, I wonder if that would boost or hinder sales...

*Spiked with imitation crab flavor chemicals that will make an addict of your pet!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    I love using pork rinds to make nachos. Melt some cheddar cheese on top and add a tbsp of salsa and 2 tbsp of sour cream. Sometimes with some avocado because YUM!

I have also found Duke's brand smoke shorty sausages at Wal-Mart (130 calories for 2 sticks, 11g fat, 7g Protein, 1g Carb)
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    I make mini breakfast muffins in my muffin tins. I line each with either bacon or ham. Mix eggs, grated cheese, herbs together with salt and pepper. I then put what I have in the fridge, I. Then put small pieces of leftovers in each tin I.e. Broccoli, bacon, sausages, chorizo, etc and pour over my egg mix. A little bit more grated cheese on top. Put in the oven, medium to high heat for 20 mins. Great for lunches or snacks, reheats great in the micro and freezes well too.

Celery and cream cheese
    Cold meat and mayo (at the mo curry flavoured mayo, so yummy)
    Hard boiled eggs
    Pickles
    Devilled eggs
    Crispy bacon
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Treysar wrote: »
    Just ate this whole bag!
    90stnev8c43o.jpg
    h4w257h4mmqp.jpg

That's my favorite flavor!
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Just ate this whole bag!
    90stnev8c43o.jpg
    h4w257h4mmqp.jpg

where do you find these?!
    I am in Canada and probably don't have them :(
  • inspirationstation
    inspirationstation Posts: 209 Member
    For snacks, I eat: HB eggs/deviled eggs, pickles, olives, salami and cheese roll ups, 1/2 c. homemade greek yogurt, sunflower seeds, walnuts, pecans, coffee/team with HWC, celery and goat cheese or cream cheese. I recently found some Parmesan Crisps at Sam's Club that are 0 carb...they satisfy that crunchy craving.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Just ate this whole bag!
    90stnev8c43o.jpg
    h4w257h4mmqp.jpg

The only place by me that I've found them is at Starbucks
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    And on amazon. I imagine Canada's Amazon likely has them, too.
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Just ate this whole bag!
    90stnev8c43o.jpg
    h4w257h4mmqp.jpg

Check their website. Last I looked, they did list several retailers in Canada that carried it.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Nutters Bulk & Natural Foods (Western provinces) have carried Moon Cheese before, but it was so expensive for what you got in a pack that I don't think they went over. Haven't seen them for a while.
  • codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    I wanna try this Moon Cheese stuff!!
  • cawood2
    cawood2 Posts: 177 Member
    Just ate this whole bag!
    90stnev8c43o.jpg
    h4w257h4mmqp.jpg

I've seen them at Co-op (south eastern Alberta) and Pharmasave. I think Sobey's had them too here. Costco also has Whisps- parmesan crackers- which are great too!