Leslie Sansone March 2017 Walk Challenge

Replies

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    I'm in for 60 miles. Unfortunately, I have come to a sad conclusion that I can not do Leslie Walks any longer. I do believe my leg pain is a result of stomping in place during her videos. I have tested this theory 4 times since November and after doing her workouts my legs are burning and I have hip pain too. I have tried doing her beginner ones and have the same problem. I am going to take a break from her walks and see what happens. I started Mall walking this morning and managed 4 miles. Between golf, the outdoors and the mall I hope to eventually get my groove back.
    4/60

I'm glad you have found out what was causing the problem. That's epic. Now you can heal and find what is going to work for you. :)
  • AnnofB
    Just finished one mile of Punch Up Your Walk.

Never in a million years would I thought I'd ever think of LS workouts as being too advanced, but when I was looking through her app to find today's workout, I found myself thinking that very thing. I've been subscribed to the app for over a year. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the workouts they are choosing, and the customized workouts they are putting together don't seem very beginner friendly. It used to be that way.

For now, I'm leaving the app and have dug out my old 1-Mile DVDs. I have many, thankfully. Tomorrow, I'm looking forward to doing a sentimental oldie--WATP: Get Up and Get Started (with the blue weighted balls).

I want to do a one-mile workout every day this week. I'm hoping, by the 7th, I'm up for the challenge of doing Walk and Kick. That is my favorite LS workout of all time.

Hope everyone is doing awesome!

I've noticed this too about her latest workouts. I like the older workouts very much still. I've been doing the 4 Mile Super Challenge for over a decade and never get tired of it.
  • AnnofB
    I'm going to join this month with a goal of 5km a day for March.
    Good luck everyone!

Welcome evanjacobmom. Awesome goal!
  • AnnofB
    zichab wrote: »
    Goal-3.5/day or 108.5/month
    2/1-WAH-5K with a Twist-3.0=3.0 mile total
    2/1-Vivofit tracked-2.6 miles=5.6 miles total
    2/2-Vivofit tracked 3.8 miles=9.4 miles total

Off to a great start!
  • AnnofB
    3/1 Mile 3 of the 5 Day Slim Down; strength training 8 lb weights; 2 30 second planks
    3/2 Walk Off Fat Fat 30 minute walk; 2 1 minute planks
    3/3 rest day

Have a fantastic Friday all you Walkers!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Deeder522 wrote: »
    I'm in for 60 miles. Unfortunately, I have come to a sad conclusion that I can not do Leslie Walks any longer. I do believe my leg pain is a result of stomping in place during her videos. I have tested this theory 4 times since November and after doing her workouts my legs are burning and I have hip pain too. I have tried doing her beginner ones and have the same problem. I am going to take a break from her walks and see what happens. I started Mall walking this morning and managed 4 miles. Between golf, the outdoors and the mall I hope to eventually get my groove back.
    4/60

Do you have a place that you could do some water walking? I've heard that it is a great way to rehab knees.

Unfortunately no.
  • PinkyPan1
    8.35/60

4.35 miles walked at the mall this morning.
  • eatsleepmove
    eatsleepmove Posts: 19 Member
    zichab & AnnofB: Thank you both for sharing your thoughts about the newer LS workouts. I was wondering if it was just me and that my fitness level had decreased so much even an LS workout was difficult. Reading your thoughts gave me comfort. :)

Ended up doing the 1-Mile Get Up and Get Started. Ah! I haven't done this workout in years. And while it did get my heart rate up, it wasn't fast-paced enough to wear me out. Yay!

3/35

Hope you all have a great weekend!
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    My goal for March
    - 120 miles
    - 10,000 steps 15 days this month
    - Control the eating
    - water, water, Water

Mar 1 - 2.63 miles
    Mar 2 - 3.83 miles
    Mar 3 - 4.77 miles - 10498 steps (1/15)
  • AnnofB
    zichab & AnnofB: Thank you both for sharing your thoughts about the newer LS workouts. I was wondering if it was just me and that my fitness level had decreased so much even an LS workout was difficult. Reading your thoughts gave me comfort. :)

Ended up doing the 1-Mile Get Up and Get Started. Ah! I haven't done this workout in years. And while it did get my heart rate up, it wasn't fast-paced enough to wear me out. Yay!

3/35

Hope you all have a great weekend!

It's funny but whenever I do a workout I haven't done in a while, it seems a bit more challenging that the one's I'm currently doing. Must be true that as Leslie says, your body gets used to doing the same motion over and over and becomes very efficient at doing it.

Good work. Hope you have a nice weekend too.
  • PinkyPan1
    10.35/60

2 mile walk with husband.
  • C3B0
    C3B0 Posts: 7 Member
    Hello, everyone!

I found this group and challenge this morning and am excited to be a part of it. I am just getting back into a routine, so my goal is to walk at least 4 times a week and to log at least 30 miles. A majority of my miles will be logged using a Leslie Sansone workout (I have Walk Away the Pounds: 5-Day Fit Walk and just ordered 3 of her other DVDs) and the others will be from walking breaks at work.

Happy walking!
    C

March 4: 2 miles
    Progress towards goal: 2/30 miles
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,437 Member
    edited March 2017
    2/3-Vivofit tracked 2.3 miles=11.7 mils total
    2/4-Just Walk-Tone Every Zone-Upper & Lower Circuit-1.5 miles=13.2 miles total

Welcome C3B0! We are glad you found us!

You are welcome eatsleepmove! I am glad we could put your mind at ease.

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • AnnofB
    C3B0 wrote: »
    Hello, everyone!

I found this group and challenge this morning and am excited to be a part of it. I am just getting back into a routine, so my goal is to walk at least 4 times a week and to log at least 30 miles. A majority of my miles will be logged using a Leslie Sansone workout (I have Walk Away the Pounds: 5-Day Fit Walk and just ordered 3 of her other DVDs) and the others will be from walking breaks at work.

Happy walking!
    C

March 4: 2 miles
    Progress towards goal: 2/30 miles

Welcome. Glad you found us. :)
  • AnnofB
    3/1 Mile 3 of the 5 Day Slim Down; strength training 8 lb weights; 2 30 second planks
    3/2 Walk Off Fat Fat 30 minute walk; 2 1 minute planks
    3/3 rest day
    3/4 Strength workout... 25 minutes... 3 miles of 5 Day Mix and Match Walk - Jessica Smith. 61 mintutes including warm up and cool down. Love this dvd.

Walk, walk walk, everyone! Have a good weekend. :)
  • PinkyPan1
    17.11/60

6.76 miles walking while golfing this afternoon.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,437 Member
    2/3-Vivofit tracked 2.3 miles=11.7 mils total
    2/4-Just Walk-Tone Every Zone-Upper & Lower Circuit-1.5 miles=13.2 miles total
    2/4-Vivofit tracked 1.9 miles=15.1 total miles
    2/5-Just Walk-Walk Off the Pounds-3 miles=18.1

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 979 Member
    March 1-4 = 40.7 miles.

This coming weeks goal is to match or increase miles. 2-3 workouts each of 30 minutes.
  • AnnofB
    17.11/60

6.76 miles walking while golfing this afternoon.

WTG PinkyPan! Sounds like you legs are continuing to improve. :)
  • AnnofB
    Deeder522 wrote: »
    March 1-4 = 40.7 miles.

This coming weeks goal is to match or increase miles. 2-3 workouts each of 30 minutes.

Well done! :)