• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    zichab wrote: »
    Goal-3.5/day or 108.5/month
    2/1-WAH-5K with a Twist-3.0=3.0 mile total
    2/1-Vivofit tracked-2.6 miles=5.6 miles total
    2/2-Vivofit tracked 3.8 miles=9.4 miles total
    2/3-Vivofit tracked 2.3 miles=11.7 mils total
    2/4-Just Walk-Tone Every Zone-Upper & Lower Circuit-1.5 miles=13.2 miles total
    2/4-Vivofit tracked 1.9 miles=15.1 total miles
    2/5-Just Walk-Walk Off the Pounds-3 miles=18.1

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

Nice marching, Brenda. :)
  • AnnofB
    3/1 Mile 3 of the 5 Day Slim Down; strength training 8 lb weights; 2 30 second planks
    3/2 Walk Off Fat Fat 30 minute walk; 2 1 minute planks
    3/3 rest day
    3/4 Strength workout... 25 minutes... 3 miles of 5 Day Mix and Match Walk - Jessica Smith. 61 mintutes including warm up and cool down. Love this dvd.
    3/5 2 mile of the 4 Mile Super Challenge
  • C3B0
    C3B0 Posts: 7 Member

March 4: 2 miles
    March 5: 1 mile and 50 minutes of stand-up paddleboard yoga

Progress towards goal: 3/30 miles
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,437 Member
    Goal-3.5/day or 108.5/month
    2/1-WAH-5K with a Twist-3.0=3.0 mile total
    2/1-Vivofit tracked-2.6 miles=5.6 miles total
    2/2-Vivofit tracked 3.8 miles=9.4 miles total
    2/3-Vivofit tracked 2.3 miles=11.7 mils total
    2/4-Just Walk-Tone Every Zone-Upper & Lower Circuit-1.5 miles=13.2 miles total
    2/4-Vivofit tracked 1.9 miles=15.1 total miles
    2/5-Just Walk-Walk Off the Pounds-3 miles=18.1
    2/5-Vivofit tracked 2.6 miles=20.7 total miles
    2/6-WATP-Ultimate Collection-3 mile Advanced Walk=23.7 total miles

AnnofB Thanks Ann-I'm trying the MFP 14 Day Walk Plan and since I am an advanced walker, which they say is more than 7,000 steps a day, the goal is to get to 20,000 steps by the end of 2 weeks! :noway: I do have a job so I am not sure that is even possible, but I am going to see what is possible if I just focus on it. I have been thinking of adding some Jessica Smith walking workouts just to mix it up a bit. Are there any on You Tube that you recommend?

C3B0Nice job there and it is smart to add yoga. I probably should do more of it myself. I am strong, but not terribly flexible. :sad:

• Lipstick_chick1960
    Lipstick_chick1960 Posts: 86 Member
    edited March 2017
    Hey Leslie Sansone users. I always struggle through March. Depression shows its ugly face seems like at this time every year. Need to join Leslie and her gang when I get like this because I KNOW BETTER. Prayers appreciated
  • eatsleepmove
    eatsleepmove Posts: 19 Member
    C3B0 wrote: »
    Hello, everyone!

I found this group and challenge this morning and am excited to be a part of it. I am just getting back into a routine, so my goal is to walk at least 4 times a week and to log at least 30 miles. A majority of my miles will be logged using a Leslie Sansone workout (I have Walk Away the Pounds: 5-Day Fit Walk and just ordered 3 of her other DVDs) and the others will be from walking breaks at work.

Welcome! I just joined the group as well. The challenge threads are very active and that's so, totally motivational. Let us know how you end up liking your new LS workouts. :)

• eatsleepmove
    I ended up not working out over the weekend and learned two things in the process:

-I really do need to take the tried and true advice you always read when it comes to working out: It's important to schedule it in. This weekend, I kept putting it off and putting it off. Today, I vowed to make 6PM my workout time.

-Even though I had worked out only three days in a row, I had built up a bit of momentum. I lost it over the weekend. Doing today's workout, once again, was so hard and felt like I was starting right back from the beginning again. It's important to stick with this.

I'm feeling slightly emotional as I dig up these old LS workouts. Back in 2002, I bought my first LS VHS workout. It was just called "2 Mile Walk". Before the workout started, Leslie shows a photo of herself when she was pregnant with her son. And then there are a few testimonials by people raving about her workouts. Does anyone remember this workout? A few years ago, I bought the DVD version. I watched some of it today and it brought back so memories of what was going on in my life back then.

As of today: 4/35.
  • AnnofB

AnnofB Thanks Ann-I'm trying the MFP 14 Day Walk Plan and since I am an advanced walker, which they say is more than 7,000 steps a day, the goal is to get to 20,000 steps by the end of 2 weeks! :noway: I do have a job so I am not sure that is even possible, but I am going to see what is possible if I just focus on it. I have been thinking of adding some Jessica Smith walking workouts just to mix it up a bit. Are there any on You Tube that you recommend?

Good luck with the walk plan. Love your attitude; "I am going to see what is possible if I just focus on it." That's the way to progress. I joined a 30 day plank challenge. By this week we are supposed to be able to hold a plank for a minute. Not there yet as every day they seem to get a little harder. But, I'm doing the 2 a day per the challenge for as long as I can and I'm not giving up.

I just took a look at jessicasmithtv on youtube and there are quite a few workouts there. You can subscribe for free. I have not tried any of them yet so I don't want to suggest any. Most are just Jessica in what looks like a living room with her dog Peanut-a French bulldog-so cute. Peanut is more interested in napping than working out. I like the dvds because they are outside most of the time, in Miami and her Mom and one other person are doing the workout too. If you try any let me know. I'll try some and let you know.

Well done on your mileage! :)
  • AnnofB
    Hey Leslie Sansone users. I always struggle through March. Depression shows its ugly face seems like at this time every year. Need to join Leslie and her gang when I get like this because I KNOW BETTER. Prayers appreciated

Hello. Grab a dvd or check out youtube for a Leslie workout and blow those depressing thoughts away. You know how encouraging and upbeat Leslie can be. She's good like that. You can do it!
  • AnnofB
    3/1 Mile 3 of the 5 Day Slim Down; strength training 8 lb weights; 2 30 second planks
    3/3 rest day
    3/4 Strength workout... 25 minutes... 3 miles of 5 Day Mix and Match Walk - Jessica Smith. 61 mintutes including warm up and cool down. Love this dvd.
    3/6 2 miles of Jessica Smith's Walk On 15 Minute Fast Fat Blasts...Power Pickup and Dance Party. Fun workout.
  • eatsleepmove
    edited March 2017
    AnnofB! I was inspired by your last post and, today, did my first Jessica Smith workout! I did "Steady Burn" from the 6-Mile Mix DVD.

I felt like I got a good workout in. Jessica is much more fast-paced than Leslie.

It's a funny thing... In my past post, I mentioned LS's "2 Mile Walk" DVD. While I was doing the Jessica Smith workout, I remembered one of the reasons why that LS workout means so much to me. In it. Leslie does the grapevine. I have never been able to do the grapevine. Believe me, I have tried to learn. While Leslie's is doing it, she's says, "If you don't want to do the grapevine, just do a double sidestep." That was a revelation to me.

So, today, when Jessica starts doing the grapevine and I instantly felt that moment of dread and inadequacy, I remembered Leslie's words and modified. It was awesome.

5/35
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 979 Member

I've done a few of Jessica's on YouTube. She has a good amount of 1 Mile walks which are nice to get a quick mile in. I know she has a few 30 min ones as well. I like to do her barefoot walk but not as frequently as it isn't full power walking like others.

This is a link for one of her 30min walks.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4IH12Piuf4
  • C3B0
    You guys are all doing amazing!

I tried a new Leslie Sansone workout today. It was the fast 2 mile belly blasting walk. The intensity level was higher than the other Leslie workouts I have done. It was really good! Has anyone else tried the belly blasting walk?

March 6: 2.25 miles
    March 7: 4.6 miles

Progress towards goal: 9.85/30 miles
  • AnnofB
    3/3 rest day
    3/6 2 miles of Jessica Smith's Walk On 15 Minute Fast Fat Blasts...Power Pickup and Dance Party. Fun workout.
    3/7 Strength workout, 38 minutes, Walk Off Fat Fast 20 minute walk
  • eatsleepmove
    I tried a new Leslie Sansone workout today. It was the fast 2 mile belly blasting walk. The intensity level was higher than the other Leslie workouts I have done. It was really good! Has anyone else tried the belly blasting walk?

It's on the LS's app this month. I just skimmed through it. I'm anxious to try it. The music selection is good and the moves are quite varied. I saw a lot of jump squats and didn't see anyone modifying. That seems to be my growing gripe with Leslie--it's like she forgot many people who do her workouts aren't always up for doing things like jump squats.

I'm going to give this one a shot over the next couple of days. Thanks for mentioning it, C3B0.

• AnnofB
    AnnofB! I was inspired by your last post and, today, did my first Jessica Smith workout! I did "Steady Burn" from the 6-Mile Mix DVD.

I felt like I got a good workout in. Jessica is much more fast-paced than Leslie.

It's a funny thing... In my past post, I mentioned LS's "2 Mile Walk" DVD. While I was doing the Jessica Smith workout, I remembered one of the reasons why that LS workout means so much to me. In it. Leslie does the grapevine. I have never been able to do the grapevine. Believe me, I have tried to learn. While Leslie's is doing it, she's says, "If you don't want to do the grapevine, just do a double sidestep." That was a revelation to me.

So, today, when Jessica starts doing the grapevine and I instantly felt that moment of dread and inadequacy, I remembered Leslie's words and modified. It was awesome.

5/35

Thank you for your kind words. :) I agree, Jessica steps it up a notch. I have not done the Steady Burn, but I will find it and give it a try. Sounds good.

Well done YOU for modifying that grapevine and getting that workout done! I love that Leslie stresses that you don't have to do all the moves perfectly. I can't remember the name of it, but in a really old workout, she says "You could march in place for 15 minutes and you will have done a good workout. It's not necessary to learn complicated steps." So, the take home message is moving is what's important. Do what feels right for you and as long as you are moving to the beat, you will get the benefit from the workout.
  • AnnofB
    You guys are all doing amazing!

March 6: 2.25 miles
    March 7: 4.6 miles

Progress towards goal: 9.85/30 miles

Hi C3B0,

I have that dvd. I agree it really is a fast one with some high intensity moves. It's something when Leslie sweats and she does in this one!

You are doing great on your mileage. :)
  • AnnofB
    Deeder522 wrote: »

I've done a few of Jessica's on YouTube. She has a good amount of 1 Mile walks which are nice to get a quick mile in. I know she has a few 30 min ones as well. I like to do her barefoot walk but not as frequently as it isn't full power walking like others.

This is a link for one of her 30min walks.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4IH12Piuf4

Deeder, thanks for sharing this!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    20.67/60

3.56 mile walk this afternoon.
  • C3B0
    Don't let the jump squats scare you! I dislike nearly all jumping moves, however, these were not that bad at all. I felt quite proud afterwards for no piddles. Haha

I think Leslie says jump as high or as little as you are comfortable with, or something along those lines. Whatever it was encouraged me to five it a good effort.

Let me know how you like it :)

It's on the LS's app this month. I just skimmed through it. I'm anxious to try it. The music selection is good and the moves are quite varied. I saw a lot of jump squats and didn't see anyone modifying. That seems to be my growing gripe with Leslie--it's like she forgot many people who do her workouts aren't always up for doing things like jump squats.

I'm going to give this one a shot over the next couple of days. Thanks for mentioning it, C3B0.