Leslie Sansone March 2017 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• C3B0
    C3B0 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you and you are so right! How she manages to not sweat in nearly all of her videos is beyond me.
    AnnofB wrote: »
    C3B0 wrote: »
    You guys are all doing amazing!

I tried a new Leslie Sansone workout today. It was the fast 2 mile belly blasting walk. The intensity level was higher than the other Leslie workouts I have done. It was really good! Has anyone else tried the belly blasting walk?

March 4: 2 miles
    March 5: 1 mile and 50 minutes of stand-up paddleboard yoga
    March 6: 2.25 miles
    March 7: 4.6 miles

Progress towards goal: 9.85/30 miles

Hi C3B0,

I have that dvd. I agree it really is a fast one with some high intensity moves. It's something when Leslie sweats and she does in this one!

You are doing great on your mileage. :)

• C3B0
    C3B0 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Here is my daily check-in. I am logging more miles than I anticipated. It feels really good setting aside time to do a video in the evening, and to get up and go for a walking-break at work. I have a desk job and it feels like I sit there all day.

March 4: 2 miles
    March 5: 1 mile and 50 minutes of stand-up paddleboard yoga
    March 6: 2.25 miles
    March 7: 4.6 miles
    March 8: 3 miles (2 miles walked with LS 5-day fit WATP 30 minute 2-mile workout)

Progress towards goal: 12.85/30 miles
  • eatsleepmove
    eatsleepmove Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Today, I had the best workout ever!

Yesterday, I was (again) looking at the workouts in Leslie's app. I saw one called "Walk, Kick,& Jab". I love workouts that have a kickboxing element to them and always wished LS would have done more than "Walk and Kick". I was excited to see this workout and then I noticed it was only 10 minutes. After doing some Googling, I found out it was part of a DVD called "Walk Blasters With 10 Mini Walks". Luckily, Leslie has a downloadable version of the DVD on her site.

I bought and started planning today's workout. For some reason, doing an entire 30-minute workout seems daunting to me right now. But I wondered if I could do three or four 10-minute workouts.

I did: Light Walk (the warm up walk), Walk, Kick, & Jab, Upper Body Blast, and Flexibility Walk (the cool down walk).

This workout made me realize I'd much rather mix and match workouts than doing one long continuous one. And moving my body for 35 minutes straight (with five minutes of stretching at the end) was a huge accomplishment.

I'm going to track this as 1.5 miles.

6.5/35
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Goal-3.5/day or 108.5/month
    2/1-WAH-5K with a Twist-3.0=3.0 mile total
    2/1-Vivofit tracked-2.6 miles=5.6 miles total
    2/2-Vivofit tracked 3.8 miles=9.4 miles total
    2/3-Vivofit tracked 2.3 miles=11.7 mils total
    2/4-Just Walk-Tone Every Zone-Upper & Lower Circuit-1.5 miles=13.2 miles total
    2/4-Vivofit tracked 1.9 miles=15.1 total miles
    2/5-Just Walk-Walk Off the Pounds-3 miles=18.1
    2/5-Vivofit tracked 2.6 miles=20.7 miles total
    2/6-WATP-Ultimate Collection-3 mile Advanced Walk=23.7 miles total
    2/6-Vivofit tracked 2.6 miles=26.3 miles total
    2/7-Vivofit tracked 4.1 miles=30.4 miles total
    2/8-Vivofit tracked 2.7 miles=33.1 miles total

Deeder Thanks for the Jessica Smith recommendation! I am going to try it-when I get my power back. :smirk:

C3B0 Like Ann, I also have the 2 Mile Belly Blasting Walk and it is intense. I got it because I needed a couple of shorter work outs, but this one is more effort than some of her 4 and 5 mile workouts. I rotate it in when I am feeling energetic! :laugh:

I live in MI where the wind just tried to blow the state off the map and I have no electricity and, according to the local electric company, will not have any until at least Monday! :grumble: No power means no WiFi, so I will not be doing much walking to Leslie! :sad: I am going to up my steps and hope I can keep pace with my goal! I should be back next week-until then ...

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    24.67/60

4 miles golfing this afternoon.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    zichab wrote: »
    2/1-WAH-5K with a Twist-3.0=3.0 mile total
    2/1-Vivofit tracked-2.6 miles=5.6 miles total
    2/2-Vivofit tracked 3.8 miles=9.4 miles total
    2/3-Vivofit tracked 2.3 miles=11.7 mils total
    2/4-Just Walk-Tone Every Zone-Upper & Lower Circuit-1.5 miles=13.2 miles total
    2/4-Vivofit tracked 1.9 miles=15.1 total miles
    2/5-Just Walk-Walk Off the Pounds-3 miles=18.1
    2/5-Vivofit tracked 2.6 miles=20.7 miles total
    2/6-WATP-Ultimate Collection-3 mile Advanced Walk=23.7 miles total
    2/6-Vivofit tracked 2.6 miles=26.3 miles total
    2/7-Vivofit tracked 4.1 miles=30.4 miles total
    2/8-Vivofit tracked 2.7 miles=33.1 miles total

Deeder Thanks for the Jessica Smith recommendation! I am going to try it-when I get my power back. :smirk:

C3B0 Like Ann, I also have the 2 Mile Belly Blasting Walk and it is intense. I got it because I needed a couple of shorter work outs, but this one is more effort than some of her 4 and 5 mile workouts. I rotate it in when I am feeling energetic! :laugh:

I live in MI where the wind just tried to blow the state off the map and I have no electricity and, according to the local electric company, will not have any until at least Monday! :grumble: No power means no WiFi, so I will not be doing much walking to Leslie! :sad: I am going to up my steps and hope I can keep pace with my goal! I should be back next week-until then ...

That's some wind! I hope your power will be restored sooner than Monday!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    3/1 Mile 3 of the 5 Day Slim Down; strength training 8 lb weights; 2 30 second planks
    3/2 Walk Off Fat Fat 30 minute walk; 2 1 minute planks
    3/3 rest day
    3/4 Strength workout... 25 minutes... 3 miles of 5 Day Mix and Match Walk - Jessica Smith. 61 mintutes including warm up and cool down. Love this dvd.
    3/5 2 mile of the 4 Mile Super Challenge
    3/6 2 miles of Jessica Smith's Walk On 15 Minute Fast Fat Blasts...Power Pickup and Dance Party. Fun workout.
    3/7 Strength workout, 38 minutes, Walk Off Fat Fast 20 minute walk
    3/8 2 Miles of the 4 Mile Super Challenge
    3/9 1 mile of the 4 Mile super challenge
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    WNY got those winds too. Lots of places lost their roofs all my neighbors across the street are missing shingles. Winds hit us Wed. Hoping my parents get power by Saturday.

I too am having issues with my legs but I thought it was from the fact I have to wear dress shoes at work. I went from sneakers and work boots to actual dress shoes. Depending on the heels depends how my legs feel. I feel old lol
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    My goal for March
    - 120 miles
    - 10,000 steps 15 days this month
    - Control the eating
    - water, water, Water

Mar 1 - 2.63 miles
    Mar 2 - 3.83 miles
    Mar 3 - 4.77 miles - 10498 steps (1/15)
    Mar 4 - 2.38 miles
    Mar 5 - 3.32 miles
    Mar 6 - 2.94 miles
    Mar 7 - 2.1 miles
    Mar 8 - 8.14 miles - 17929 steps (2/15) curling , walking, busy day!
    Mar 9 - 3.57 miles

I sure hope this fridged weather breaks soon. The sun has some heat to it, but the wind bites!
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing great! Welcome to all the new people.

I love to walk outside, and I also like to watch curling on TV, so walking on the spot with my 2 lb hand weights and watching the Brier. And I will be curling this weekend too!

Have a great weekend everyone, stay warm.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    WNY got those winds too. Lots of places lost their roofs all my neighbors across the street are missing shingles. Winds hit us Wed. Hoping my parents get power by Saturday.

I too am having issues with my legs but I thought it was from the fact I have to wear dress shoes at work. I went from sneakers and work boots to actual dress shoes. Depending on the heels depends how my legs feel. I feel old lol

I bet you are right about the shoe thing. I love shoes but have to admit in the last 7 years me and heels only get together for weddings or funerals. It's not us, it's the shoes!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    3/1 Mile 3 of the 5 Day Slim Down; strength training 8 lb weights; 2 30 second planks
    3/2 Walk Off Fat Fat 30 minute walk; 2 1 minute planks
    3/3 rest day
    3/4 Strength workout... 25 minutes... 3 miles of 5 Day Mix and Match Walk - Jessica Smith. 61 mintutes including warm up and cool down. Love this dvd.
    3/5 2 mile of the 4 Mile Super Challenge
    3/6 2 miles of Jessica Smith's Walk On 15 Minute Fast Fat Blasts...Power Pickup and Dance Party. Fun workout.
    3/7 Strength workout, 38 minutes, Walk Off Fat Fast 20 minute walk
    3/8 2 Miles of the 4 Mile Super Challenge
    3/9 1 mile of the 4 Mile super challenge
    3/10 60 minutes of Retail Therapy...

I'm still doing a 30 day plank challenge... but the side plank with a leg lift has defeated me. I was able to do it for about 10 seconds on my left, but the right side simply would not cooperate. 7 days left in this challenge. Tomorrow is something called Eye of the Tiger Plank. I can't wait to see what the heck that is. :(
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 987 Member
    Options

Wow!! I know that we Michiganders got hit hard. We were lucky not to lose power but did have 1 of the highest recorded wind gust, near 70 mph, close to my house. We had some shingles taken off and that was the worst for my little house. Hopefully they get you back online sooner than later.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Deeder522 wrote: »

Wow, I know that we Michiganders got hit hard. We were lucky not to lose power but did have 1 of the highest recorded wind gust, near 70 mph, close to my house. We had some shingles taken off and that was the worst for my little house. Hopefully they get you back online sooner than later.

70 mph winds-scary stuff. Glad everything is OK. :)
  • zichab
    Options
    3/1-WAH-5K with a Twist-3.0=3.0 mile total
    3/1-Vivofit tracked-2.6 miles=5.6 miles total
    3/2-Vivofit tracked 3.8 miles=9.4 miles total
    3/3-Vivofit tracked 2.3 miles=11.7 mils total
    3/4-Just Walk-Tone Every Zone-Upper & Lower Circuit-1.5 miles=13.2 miles total
    3/4-Vivofit tracked 1.9 miles=15.1 total miles
    3/5-Just Walk-Walk Off the Pounds-3 miles=18.1
    3/5-Vivofit tracked 2.6 miles=20.7 miles total
    3/6-WATP-Ultimate Collection-3 mile Advanced Walk=23.7 miles total
    3/6-Vivofit tracked 2.6 miles=26.3 miles total
    3/7-Vivofit tracked 4.1 miles=30.4 miles total
    3/8-Vivofit tracked 2.7 miles=33.1 miles total
    3/9-Vivofit tracked 3.6 miles=36.7 miles total
    3/10-Vivofit tracked 2.3 miles-39.0 miles total

Houston! We have power!!! It finally came back late yesterday and I spend most of yesterday and today cleaning up wax drips, bringing all our food back to the kitchen refrigerator from the one in the garage, running the dishwasher (of course it was full the day the power went out :angry:), running the garbage disposal (note to self, NEVER leave garbage in the disposal again! :noway:) etc. We ended up having to rent a generator because the freezers were defrosting and one is a huge chest freezer, so the price of the generator was far less than the cost of all that food spoiling. Putting everything back in order and cleaning up has made me appreciate my great-grandmothers so much more as cleaning must have been a nightmare for them before electricity, and it is not all that pleasant now!! :blush: There are still thousands of people who do not have power today as over 4,000 electric poles were toppled in Mid-Michigan alone. :disappointed:

AnnofB As Deeder said, they had gusts of almost 70 MPH (112KM/h for the rest of the world) in western MI and mid-MI had sustained gust of over 60 MPH (96.6 KM/h). Shingles were flying off roofs and many people had some of their house siding fly off. There are several backyards with trees toppled over and at least 5 cars in our neighborhood had huge limbs come down right on top of them. There are power lines and cable lines on the ground all over the place. Pinktogo mentioned the flying shingles in western NY as well, so no doubt southern Ontario also had some of the same things happen to them. It was very scary for sure!!! I'll take a huge snow storm any day over a wind storm like that one, which is a good thing since it is going to snow tomorrow! We just cannot catch a break! :grumble:

Thankfully, I am a few miles over pace and will get back to Leslie and Jessica tomorrow. The good part is that we are on spring break and most of the students seem to have either been blown away or gone quiet on email for another reason! Bless them because I will be tied up for a couple of days and it helps to know that at least my online classes are still in order!! :laugh:

Walk Strong Everyone and hang onto the ground!!! :bigsmile:
  • AnnofB
    Options

Houston! We have power!!! It finally came back late yesterday and I spend most of yesterday and today cleaning up wax drips, bringing all our food back to the kitchen refrigerator from the one in the garage, running the dishwasher (of course it was full the day the power went out :angry:), running the garbage disposal (note to self, NEVER leave garbage in the disposal again! :noway:) etc. We ended up having to rent a generator because the freezers were defrosting and one is a huge chest freezer, so the price of the generator was far less than the cost of all that food spoiling. Putting everything back in order and cleaning up has made me appreciate my great-grandmothers so much more as cleaning must have been a nightmare for them before electricity, and it is not all that pleasant now!! :blush: There are still thousands of people who do not have power today as over 4,000 electric poles were toppled in Mid-Michigan alone. :disappointed:

AnnofB As Deeder said, they had gusts of almost 70 MPH (112KM/h for the rest of the world) in western MI and mid-MI had sustained gust of over 60 MPH (96.6 KM/h). Shingles were flying off roofs and many people had some of their house siding fly off. There are several backyards with trees toppled over and at least 5 cars in our neighborhood had huge limbs come down right on top of them. There are power lines and cable lines on the ground all over the place. Pinktogo mentioned the flying shingles in western NY as well, so no doubt southern Ontario also had some of the same things happen to them. It was very scary for sure!!! I'll take a huge snow storm any day over a wind storm like that one, which is a good thing since it is going to snow tomorrow! We just cannot catch a break! :grumble:

Thankfully, I am a few miles over pace and will get back to Leslie and Jessica tomorrow. The good part is that we are on spring break and most of the students seem to have either been blown away or gone quiet on email for another reason! Bless them because I will be tied up for a couple of days and it helps to know that at least my online classes are still in order!! :laugh:

Walk Strong Everyone and hang onto the ground!!! :bigsmile:

Smart to get the generator. And isn't that always the way it is when the power goes out-the dishwasher is full. Oy! I can't imageine life without power. We had a taste of it with Hurricane Katrina. We were very lucky though, no damage to our house and the power was out for only 5 days.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    28.67/60

4 mile walk at the park this morning.
  • zichab
    Options
    3/11-Vivofit tracked 1.4 miles=40.4 miles total
    3/12-WAH-3 mile Hear Healthy Walk-3miles=43.4 miles total

AnnofB wrote: »
    Smart to get the generator. And isn't that always the way it is when the power goes out-the dishwasher is full. Oy! I can't imageine life without power. We had a taste of it with Hurricane Katrina. We were very lucky though, no damage to our house and the power was out for only 5 days.

There is a "funny" story about the generator. When the power was out for a few hours, I mentioned to Dennis that we had better get our generator ready to go to power the refrigerator. He did not say anything, so I repeated it and he said, "That would be a good idea if it was here." It seems that OUR generator is sitting at our other house in NY!!!! :noway: :laugh: It was not funny 5 days ago! His thinking was that we rarely lose power for long in MI so why keep trucking it back and forth. Of course, the first time he makes this decision, we need it. Isn't this always the way???

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    March 1-4 = 40.7 miles.
    March 5-12 = 21.25
    Current walking total = 61.95

My watch tells me I took 38,999 steps last week. 1 step away from a nice round 40,000. :)
  • zichab
    Options
    3/11-Vivofit tracked 1.4 miles=40.4 miles total
    3/12-WAH-3 mile Hear Healthy Walk-3miles=43.4 miles total
    3/12-Vivofit tracked 2.9 miles=46.3 miles total
    3/13-Just Walk-Tone Every Zone-Upper & Lower Circuit-1.5 miles=47.8 miles total