Mean Girl Question

Options
2»

Replies

• treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    good job on quitting g smoking. I would not like it if someone was trying to coax me faster...it is how injuries happen. that being said on my work days I have 2 15 minute breaks and a 30 min break. I want to walk fast and get heart rate up. I prefer to walk alone for this reason. I'm not out for air I'm out for my best I can do within the time I have. sometimes someone joins me. I walk slower to not make the person feel bad but I'm not getting what I need out of the workout. I prefer to sneak out on my own. I walk at a speed that I can't talk or I'm not walking fast enough. so I see the other side but I would never be mean about it.

maybe when she calls to walk thank her for the reminder and go for a walk but let her know it's ok for her to go at her pace and not wait for you.

I have lost almost 70 lbs. in the past when others were loosing I always said you look great way to go etc etc..was very encouraging. I am not getting that from those people now that it's me loosing. it bothered me at first but now I realized this is for me and it is what it is. I do not judge what others eat but I choose what I eat just as they choose what they eat.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I'd have to disagree with the advice about adding weights while walking. Ankle and wrist weights distort our natural movement patterns and up our chances of injury. Ankle weights especially can be a trip to the chiropractor about to happen. Wearing a weight vest or carrying a backpack is generally okay if you have no back issues to deal with.
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I usually walk rather fast, and when I'm with people I sometimes forget. My mother is always reminding me to slow down so we can walk together. Try telling this to her, maybe she is not doing it on purpose, but if she continuous to be like that and you're not comfortable mean girl or not, stop walking with her. :)