Vegan OMAD

Replies

• ShannonOMAD
    ShannonOMAD Posts: 122 Member
    Omg!!!! Yes!! I was hiding because I didn't want to be the stereotypical vegan that tells everyone they are a vegan. Lol. Welcome!

A handful of my friends are vegan and vegetarian. I used to be a vegetarian myself for about 15 years. You're very much supported and appreciated :smile:

Thank you so much! I have a long way to go (weight loss wise!) So I am very happy to be here!
  • LittleForestOwl
    LittleForestOwl Posts: 35 Member
    Today is only day 4 of doing OMAD... and I am doing the thing I said I wouldn't do! I have been stepping on the scale every time I walk into the bathroom! UGH! But its going down every time, so it creates that addicting curiosity! I'll move the little guy into another room so its not as convenient! :wink:

As a lifelong serial dieter, The part of the diet I always loved so much is that beginning phase where you're doing out all the math. You know? "if I eat this, for this long...i'll lose this, by this date" It is so fun to plan and dream and really believe that you'll hit your goal weight by your cousin's wedding next year, or that vacation that you have 8 months from now ... its always something, isn't it?

Anyway, what I am enjoying more than the plotting and planning is the realistic feeling of OMAD being so easy for me. And if it is this easy AND it works to help me lose weight... I don't care how long it takes me to lose however much... because I'll be happy and satiated for the whole process!

I'm right with you on this! It's initially hard to detach from the dieter inside. Lol But this way of eating is so peaceful, it really takes the pressure off I found too, not having to count, weight, measure, plan etc.
  • ShannonOMAD
    thanks @amflautist for the idea to post my meals here! Its a great idea! I do log in all my food, too, to feel free to ask me about calories or ingredients!

Here's my meals from since the start!
    Sunday : Roasted homefries, vegan egg scramble with sausage, spinach, and onion.
    hw8iokce6lem.jpg

Monday (no picture) : I was preparing a dinner for a friend. I made kale caesar salad, buffalo cauliflower w/bleu cheese dressing, and baked french fries with a garlic aoli.

Tuesday : kale caesar, spicy black bean and kale soup, and a side of dill pickle saurkraut.
    3l47nm7eqmzz.jpg

Wednesday (no picture) : Business dinner at a restaurant. I had a baby kale & quinoa salad, with heirloom carrots, roasted beets, sunflower seeds, and a lemon tahini dressing.

Thursday (no picture) : Basmati rice, punjabi chole, roasted potatoes, carrots, parsnips, sauteed spinach, and some onion chutney on top.
  • Nutbutt24
    Nutbutt24 Posts: 34 Member
    thanks @amflautist for the idea to post my meals here! Its a great idea! I do log in all my food, too, to feel free to ask me about calories or ingredients!

Here's my meals from since the start!
    Sunday : Roasted homefries, vegan egg scramble with sausage, spinach, and onion.
    hw8iokce6lem.jpg

Monday (no picture) : I was preparing a dinner for a friend. I made kale caesar salad, buffalo cauliflower w/bleu cheese dressing, and baked french fries with a garlic aoli.

Tuesday : kale caesar, spicy black bean and kale soup, and a side of dill pickle saurkraut.
    3l47nm7eqmzz.jpg

Wednesday (no picture) : Business dinner at a restaurant. I had a baby kale & quinoa salad, with heirloom carrots, roasted beets, sunflower seeds, and a lemon tahini dressing.

Thursday (no picture) : Basmati rice, punjabi chole, roasted potatoes, carrots, parsnips, sauteed spinach, and some onion chutney on top.

I tried the vegan egg a couple times. Didn't really like it. My husband accidentally discovered a breakfast sandwich that tastes exactly like a runny egg. If you used to like that kinda stuff. It's an everything bagel with Chao creamy original slices, benevolent bacon (hickory and sage) and avocado slices. It's so delicious.

How do you make your buffalo cauliflower? Everytime I make it, it turns out soggy lol
  • ShannonOMAD
    @doodlebuggin18 I REALLY love the vegan egg. I find if you cook it just right, it has the same texture as a fluffy scrambled egg! I am ALL about that Chao cheese though! Yes!

Cauliflower... so easy, and it comes out AMAZING.
    Get the florets cut into relatively similar sizes.
    Batter : 1 cup flour, 1 cup milk alternative OR water.
    Breading : Bread crumbs (plain or flavored)

Dunk cauli in batter, roll in crumbs, lay out on pan. I use a silicon mat for everything so that no oil or spray is necessary.

Bake for about 20-30 minutes. The coating should appear dry. You can tell!
    Take out, toss each piece in buffalo sauce, put back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes.

The timing can be weird, but there is no harm in taking them out and poking with a toothpick or knife to make sure its not getting soggy!

Here's a picture of mine : vmf9k2g2t3k1.jpg
  • Nutbutt24
    Thanks! those look good!
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Those are the best buffalo cauliflowers I have ever seen! I made cauli-mash for the first time and rice and loved them both! Super yum!
  • ShannonOMAD
    KetoKaHee wrote: »
    Those are the best buffalo cauliflowers I have ever seen! I made cauli-mash for the first time and rice and loved them both! Super yum!

Thanks! So easy and healthy, but they taste like forbidden junk food! Just so tasty.
    Cauliflower alfredo sauce on pasta is unbelievable too! It is such a versatile veggie!
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    @ShannonOMAD I agree, I love cauliflower, its pretty expensive here, so Ive been buying the frozen stuff, but if preped properly, it works with most recipes.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    @doodlebuggin18 I REALLY love the vegan egg. I find if you cook it just right, it has the same texture as a fluffy scrambled egg! I am ALL about that Chao cheese though! Yes!

Cauliflower... so easy, and it comes out AMAZING.
    Get the florets cut into relatively similar sizes.
    Batter : 1 cup flour, 1 cup milk alternative OR water.
    Breading : Bread crumbs (plain or flavored)

Dunk cauli in batter, roll in crumbs, lay out on pan. I use a silicon mat for everything so that no oil or spray is necessary.

Bake for about 20-30 minutes. The coating should appear dry. You can tell!
    Take out, toss each piece in buffalo sauce, put back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes.

The timing can be weird, but there is no harm in taking them out and poking with a toothpick or knife to make sure its not getting soggy!

Here's a picture of mine : vmf9k2g2t3k1.jpg

Oh... I might need to try this tonight! That looks amazing!!!
  • ShannonOMAD
    dajoloehr wrote: »
    @ShannonOMAD I agree, I love cauliflower, its pretty expensive here, so Ive been buying the frozen stuff, but if preped properly, it works with most recipes.

I agree! I actually prefer frozen cauliflower when putting it in Indian sauces and things like that, over rice. They have that nice soft texture!
  • ShannonOMAD
    Easy dinner tonight. So satisfying! 5j932t4lxwbd.jpg
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    I posted this on another thread but thought this might interest you

https://www.vegansociety.com/whats-new/blog/20-amazing-things-you-can-do-aquafaba

Use for the water/brine that comes from canned chickpeas!
  • ShannonOMAD
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    I posted this on another thread but thought this might interest you

https://www.vegansociety.com/whats-new/blog/20-amazing-things-you-can-do-aquafaba

Use for the water/brine that comes from canned chickpeas!
    Thanks for thinking of me! I do love aquafaba!
  • Nutbutt24
    I've always wanted to trying doing something with it cause we make a lot of chickpeas. But I'm too scared to.
  • ShannonOMAD
    edited April 2017
    Forgot to take a picture of my delicious dinner. If you're a chicken nugget fan, I HIGHLY recommend Gardein Mandarin Chick'n. Just leave off the sauce and they are incredible, junky food tasting nuggets for only TWENTY calories each. jazl4ih0pi5j.png
    The missing calories are from my breakfast, which I had to eat to take some medication.
  • ShannonOMAD
    Ok! Week one weigh in!
    Starting weight : 260lbs
    Week 1 (ending 4/3/17) : 254lbs
    Results? -6lbs!

That's awesome!

My first goal is to hit 246 by May 1. Which is aggressive, I know, because of course I won't be losing 6lbs every week. But, whatever, I'm going for it :smile: So, 8lbs to go!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I also lost 6 LBs my first week, You're doing Awesome!!! :)
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Great start!
  • ShannonOMAD
    I also lost 6 LBs my first week, You're doing Awesome!!! :)

Wee! Following your footsteps seems to be a very good thing! :-)