leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Awesome week Shannon!!!
  • ShannonOMAD
    ShannonOMAD Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    leveejohn wrote: »
    Awesome week Shannon!!!

Thanks! *high five* ! it feels good to get started right!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Awesome is right! You rock!
  • ShannonOMAD
    Options
    amflautist wrote: »
    Awesome is right! You rock!

Thank you SO much! And man, its EASY. I know my number won't be so high every week, but if I can lose anything eating this way... I'm pleased as punch!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO much! And man, its EASY. I know my number won't be so high every week, but if I can lose anything eating this way... I'm pleased as punch!

I'm almost certain you'll reach your May 1st goal to be honest. I believe in you! Congrats on 6lbs loss. That's amazing.

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Very good start. The first week usually is a big loss but it still should be significant after that.
  • ShannonOMAD
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »

I'm almost certain you'll reach your May 1st goal to be honest. I believe in you! Congrats on 6lbs loss. That's amazing.

Yay! Thank you! My goals are based on 3lbs a week. So, knocking out 6 at once, means I only need to lose 2lbs a week now!
  • ShannonOMAD
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Very good start. The first week usually is a big loss but it still should be significant after that.

Thanks! I do hope so! of course anything would be good... but starting with that is very encouraging
  • ShannonOMAD
    Options
    Dinner tonight! Man this really hit the spot! 0aemu1wd3cie.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I'm not a vegan but this looks yummy :)
  • amflautist
    Options
    I want that romaine lettuce!!
  • ShannonOMAD
    Options
    I want that romaine lettuce!!

I really love me some lettuce!
  • ShannonOMAD
    Options
    I've discovered the one tiny downside to the one meal a day! Its that things come in packages, with more in a package than one can eat in a meal. Which means, I have to eat the same thing for multiple days in a row to use it up! Which, is partially nice, because you don't have to think about whats for dinner. But also very boring... because I don't get to think about whats for dinner :smile: I love to plan, and cook, and I look forward to my meal every day. Maybe its just an invitation to get more creative with the same item!

I got a package of hotdogs, and they are SO good, but they came with 8 dogs! That means 4 days in a row of dogs. At least they are delicious!

I made the mistake of looking at the scale this morning, and it hasn't moved. OF COURSE it hasn't moved, it's only been a DAY since my official weigh in. Funny though, how we get seduced by the prospect of seeing the number go down. I even told myself no scale until next week! I think I'll put a little sticker over the scale screen to discourage the easy hop-ons!

• amflautist
    Options
    I use a lot of freezer bags. Today it will be for too many cranberry beans and too much chicken stock. I bet your hot dogs would freeze well.
  • ShannonOMAD
    Options
    I use a lot of freezer bags. Today it will be for too many cranberry beans and too much chicken stock. I bet your hot dogs would freeze well.

Good suggestion! My freezer is where things go to die, though. Once its frozen, I'll never remember (or want) to take it out. But clearly I should change my ways if I don't want this food to go to waste!
  • Nutbutt24
    Nutbutt24 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've discovered the one tiny downside to the one meal a day! Its that things come in packages, with more in a package than one can eat in a meal. Which means, I have to eat the same thing for multiple days in a row to use it up! Which, is partially nice, because you don't have to think about whats for dinner. But also very boring... because I don't get to think about whats for dinner :smile: I love to plan, and cook, and I look forward to my meal every day. Maybe its just an invitation to get more creative with the same item!

I got a package of hotdogs, and they are SO good, but they came with 8 dogs! That means 4 days in a row of dogs. At least they are delicious!

I made the mistake of looking at the scale this morning, and it hasn't moved. OF COURSE it hasn't moved, it's only been a DAY since my official weigh in. Funny though, how we get seduced by the prospect of seeing the number go down. I even told myself no scale until next week! I think I'll put a little sticker over the scale screen to discourage the easy hop-ons!

what kind of hot dogs do you eat?
  • ShannonOMAD
    Options

what kind of hot dogs do you eat?

The brand is Loma Linda Worthington. They come in a can, which seems disgusting. But they are SO good! so well spiced and the texture isn't terrible like most vegan dogs!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can plan your recipes a month in advance and for example, Monday can be hot dog day . Then you can freeze in 2 hotdog portions and every monday, just get the portion from the freezer and cook it up.

that way you won't forget items in the freezer.
    Also, if you limit your grocery shopping frequency (e.g. shop only once a month), you'll be forced to use the things you've stored "for later"
  • ShannonOMAD
    Options
    Yay today is my last day on antibiotics! So I don't need to eat breakfast anymore! This frees up another 100 calories to put toward my dinner, and mentally, it will make me feel more accomplished with the fasting!

I made the same mistake as before, this morning, by weighing in! I even moved the scale to a different room and I still just stumbled upon it :wink: It was down about a pound. Which made a me a little bummed... then I realized - its Friday morning! I still have 3 solid days until official weekly weigh in time. I can totally lose another pound by then! (right? :neutral: sure!)

It sort of motivated me to keep extra clean this weekend! I was considering having my first splurge day, but I don't think I will now. I'll save it for another occasion.