Post your Keto dinner pics!

Options
1232425262729»

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Ouuuuuh, cold smoker, interesting - I love smoked Gouda - we have a local farm/fromagerie with grass fed Jerseys that I purchase from when I am feeling rich. https://grassrootdairies.com/
    Also another fave grocery stop for me: https://tantolattecheese.ca/
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Unfortunately not a rib fan. I come from the school of "all animals should be boneless." :#
    unzx0brcqcpb.png
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Unfortunately not a rib fan. I come from the school of "all animals should be boneless." :#
    unzx0brcqcpb.png

Bones are just nature's handles so we don't need utensils. :D

My wife is not always happy about my take on this when eating a porterhouse in a restaurant.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    unzx0brcqcpb.png
    I'd forgotten about this!! I miss the far side!!

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    No pix. I suck. But tonights dinner: steak, artichoke, hollandaise sauce. YUM.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I realize this thread is in the LC sub forum but it does ask for Keto dinner pics so I'll post a bit of a mix of both LC and Keto carb level pics in this thread. During my WOE journey through LC/Keto my carb ranges/macro #'s have varied as I experiment a lot with those ratios. So please understand some of my meal pics have been from times my carb allowance for myself has been a bit higher and others from when I have reduced carbs much much lower. Currently I'm not eating any root veggies or berries but I have a fair bit in the past. Usually the only fruits I will consume are berries and tomatoes/tomatillos. I have also done weeks where I allow a couple days of my carb in take to get up to the 40-50 gram range but currently I am not doing that WOE. My carb intake is much lower currently.

I try to eat as much whole foods straight from nature and local farms as I can but of course that's not always possible. :)

I make a lot of stir fry kind of dishes in cast iron cause I find it a great way to mix and incorporate different herbs and spices and foods can be cooked a lot of different ways in cast iron like frying, grilling, boiling, baking, broiling etc. My wife also loves cast iron cooking. We have a large cupboard set aside for just our different shapes and sizes of cast iron cookware :smile:

498kulot3rkm.jpg
    y28p0190ubld.jpg
    ik17bw5odwvh.jpg
    toczsar5ewd5.jpg
    aw56nwz7h08w.jpg
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    24 hr wet marinade Chicken quarters. Skin on, hickory smoked, then finished under the broiler.

nei063s058dx.jpg
    mmjpluqzdtj8.jpg

We grow some berries of our own on our home property but I also make a trip up to the local BC Okanagan during their harvest times to stock up on berries, Russian garlic, some other fruits for my family and some veggies for canning. I use home made pickles a lot for snacks, burgers, etc. Love them! I also make my own LC jams, berry sauces, tomato sauces, ice cream etc.

qurikby7ftfk.jpg
    sspa05mchhfz.jpg
    tzxmx1yeq0ru.jpg
    k24u39nu8w0a.jpg
    u7a0htmsvb4u.jpg
    vof19dn3v06y.jpg
    3q3ud4dwh2tt.jpg
    9upqydpb3onn.jpg
    1anm5vzjnbt5.jpg
    fn93hb4n05vp.jpg
    21n0btdoamo5.jpg
    97ket3v0fbd5.jpg
    39hpxrtp1sy1.jpg
    p54b8e23f58t.jpg
    nxblxn3wme67.jpg
    j456ad9p9fer.jpg

• PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    I try to locally source straight from the farm pork, beef, cheeses and poultry. I like to make my own ground meat for burgers/meals etc cause I can customize the flavor of the grind and the protein to fat ratios. I usually try to make it cost effective too by buying bulk from local farms then vacuum packing after I grind and make portion size packages. I've got friends who farm the animal meats here locally so If I ask nicely I also get to go to the butchers to pick out the meat I would like :)
    qddjcx3dzdjg.jpg
    i5xzvbxm1f52.jpg
    sctzc2yk3prt.jpg
    mr828d56s0zr.jpg
    lk1c1h09ne6c.jpg
    pu6hmd3m432g.jpg
    ptnet259uwij.jpg

My friend Nick showing off his farm raised beef I was going to pick out a hanging half
    gxw9klrr26wb.jpg

wxgeiep30005.jpg
    nygmq5i7j07v.jpg
    5hy5ujh16t3s.jpg
    x0la9vdvhaa5.jpg

cskx6h7v7law.jpg
    j6lvpitvbm6k.jpg
    vgpbpcdla3rr.jpg
    yrylu68bia4g.jpg
    bv6nl96jec5x.jpg
    213j6v8tvnxo.jpg
    3ecfs2y9rsty.jpg

• PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    Chocolate coconut protein/fat bars. Macadamia nuts, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, golden berries, pecans, dry coconut flakes, Brazil nuts, Sejoyia coco thins, protein powder, coconut oil, vanilla extract, unsweetened cocoa powder, instant coffee. Made 1.7 lbs worth this batch.

My morning snack with a coffee while looking out onto the ocean :)

esjh4e8aknsy.jpg
    5fq3ybrp06vt.jpg
    fd3xtw1s97ie.jpg
    lv5xn2q5407u.jpg
    6m2zma5osn2k.jpg
    68wxk4k5go0z.jpg
    2ua24bfd1qlr.jpg
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    Little deli snacky's for first meal. Havarti, prosciutto, salami, chorizo, mayo, homemade dill pickle, tomato, cracked pink salt and cracked pepper with some pickled veggies on the side. Second meal was protein load :) Roasted chicken stuffed with butter/herb/spice mix and whole lemon, baby bok choy, carrots, mushrooms, yellow peppers, egg plant, pearl onions, garlic, spinach, brats and a chunk of beef bone with marrow for adding flavor to the basting broth that builds up while cooking. So nummy!! Electrolytes/B12 load for desert. And a couple pics of our beautiful west coast ocean life 😍

t0invk9qvw9j.jpg
    nd8dday5pw38.jpg
    bo169ujdzkqd.jpg
    6p075ydjcozy.jpg
    gdadnk0o647h.jpg
    dufbdjf97pv3.jpg
    e68jgi04nqah.jpg
    cid2c7m1er7l.jpg

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    @PaulChasinDreams Can I join you for a meal sometime???? I got so hungry just looking at all your yummy things. Who says this WOE has to be boring? They lie.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    @PaulChasinDreams Can I join you for a meal sometime???? I got so hungry just looking at all your yummy things. Who says this WOE has to be boring? They lie.

Anytime :) I'm glad the pics had that effect <3 Yes you're so right. This WOE/lifestyle doesn't have to be boring at all. I like to get recipe and ingredient inspirations from countries all over the world in order to keep flavors new and tasty. Youtube is filled with thousands and thousands of recipes from so many different countries. A lot of them can be tweaked to be LC/Keto. My herb/spice cupboard has more in it than my fridge does lol. So many great flavors come from the spices and herbs combined in meals.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Ahhh, @PaulChasinDreams I do miss the coast sometimes.... but I am enjoying the lakes and mountains here. It is nice to step out your back yard and do a bit of x-c skiing or snowshoeing or hiking, or pop the canoe onto the car and head down to the river put-in or the lakeshore.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    Ahhh, @PaulChasinDreams I do miss the coast sometimes.... but I am enjoying the lakes and mountains here. It is nice to step out your back yard and do a bit of x-c skiing or snowshoeing or hiking, or pop the canoe onto the car and head down to the river put-in or the lakeshore.

Yes I agree! Mother nature is always playing movies and singing songs for us. She's beautiful everywhere :)