April Challenge

Options
124»

Replies

• girlalmighty08
    girlalmighty08 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    @jennamae102 That is so exciting, what a perfect time for an announcement!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Jenna, I'm so happy for you and your little ducky! Glad to hear everything looks good, and just a few more weeks in your first trimester. Try not to worry too much about the cyst, since it doesn't sound like your doctor is. Keep us posted on that.

Any cravings or aversions?
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Apr 1st 149.7
    Apr 8th 149.9
    Apr 15th 149.2
    Apr 22nd 148.3
    Apr 28th 147

Goal weight end of April 145.7

This is the last check in for me as I'm away for the weekend to run a Spartan Beast! 13 miles of obstacles here I come! My weight loss is slowing as I head towards my ultimate goal (140) so I suppose I will be more realistic next month and aim for a half pound loss per week.

Good luck for the rest of April everyone!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Good luck Sam!
  • girlalmighty08
    girlalmighty08 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've been terrible with weigh-ins this month so I've decided to post-pone it completely until the 30th to see my total progress. I shifted my focus slightly away from weight loss this month and had more of a fitness goal: I'm doing my first competitive 10K on Sunday! So April has been pretty well devoted to getting some sort of running routine going... I'll admit, I could have been a lot better but I'm feeling good and am pretty excited about the weekend!
  • 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    @jennamae102 how wonderful you got to see your little duck! There's nothing like it, and I totally get the relief feeling, that was definitely my major emotion. For some reason I was convinced there would be an empty screen for my daughter, I was so shocked when I saw her and heard the heartbeat it was an amazing feeling. Fingers crossed you get some good news soon with the cyst and you can fully relax.

April was a no go for me, I wasn't over indulging or anything but wasn't very good with counting calories so haven't really lost any weight. Planning to have a great first week of May and lose a bit for hopefully (fingers crossed!) getting a positive after first month TTC, but of course that's unlikely!
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the happy thoughts everyone! Next appointment to check up on the cyst is 5/9, so I'll report back on how that goes. Hopefully its no big deal.

@Kirstie155 As far as aversions, hot coffee. I'm a big coffee drinker and haven't been able to touch the stuff in a few weeks. However, iced coffee doesn't bother me and still allows me to get some caffeine in the morning! And just in general, a lot of food does not sound appealing. Salad? Disgusting. Plain pasta? Perfect. It really feels like my palate has reverted back 20 years and I want basic, simple tasting foods. I know I'm eating too much and not the best foods, but I'm eating what I can. My doctor basically said try your best to eat the healthiest food you can and the 1st trimester will be over soon!
  • 1fit_mamma
    Options
    @jennamae102 I found smoothies were a good way to get fruit/veg in during 1st trimester (green based one's were good), I had one most days. Wouldn't say I loved them but found them do-able, but everyone is different so maybe you won't be able to tolerate them- just an idea!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    Weigh In:

April 1st: 203
    April 8th: 202.2
    April 15th: 204.4
    April 22nd: 202.6
    April 29th: 203.4

Not surprised at all since I haven't been in a deficit consistently.

Goal: NOT MET

April 30th: 199

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Everyone, there is a "super challenge" spreadsheet. We use it during the gaps between months to get some extra exercise in. The idea is to do better than the month before.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RJF7pPZjGkMZXSX81X1qNnQminHIOT1byLovfgoCb-4/edit?usp=sharing
  • 1fit_mamma
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thanks @VeryKatie great timing I was just thinking how I need to up my exercise game, have dropped off! You must have sensed my inactivity from across the pacific :wink: Hope you're feeling well and enjoying the last month or so before your little one joins you!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    4/4 actual: 193
    4/30 goal: 189

5/1 weigh in:195.2 :/

Looks like I was in good company though, April was not kind to most of us. I went grocery shopping yesterday and planned some meals. Since my activity is so limited, I really have to get my diet under control. I’m starting to log again, and logging before I eat so I can decide if certain foods are worth it to me. With my back condition, gaining weight is not an option, but I crave comfort foods when I am upset, and April has been such an emotional rollercoaster for us. I just wanted my favorite Thai takeout, sub sandwiches, PUDDING, ice cream. I way over indulged this month and today is a new day, a new month. Armed with low carb staples (cheese, eggs, chicken, salads, sugar free jello), I feel like I can take back control. Here is to a better May!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    7cxqhvo9jvgy.jpg
This discussion has been closed.