2»

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    RalfLott wrote: »
    One more thing to consider is gut health. This is too often overlooked and is much more related to weight than most realize. Perhaps probiotics is an area to investigate.

My current dietitian (the only killer nutritionist I've run across over the course of years), suggested I look into mega-spores as a variety of probiotic likely to survive intact into your gut for maximum pop.

Familiar?

I am still early in my research/experimentation of probiotics. What got me started was after changing to keto, my flatulence was reduced by about 99.8% until I had a couple rounds of antibiotics. Realizing the good bacteria in the gut can be collateral damage of antibiotics, it seemed like this would be a good area of investigation.

On the research side, I have found poor gut flora linked to many things I had not thought of including thyroid function, weight gain, even dementia. Based on how far along I am in research on diabetes (primary focus), I would still consider myself a novice on this topic, but getting stronger.

Keep us posted, eh?
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    One more thing to consider is gut health. This is too often overlooked and is much more related to weight than most realize. Perhaps probiotics is an area to investigate.

My current dietitian (the only killer nutritionist I've run across over the course of years), suggested I look into mega-spores as a variety of probiotic likely to survive intact into your gut for maximum pop.

Familiar?

I am still early in my research/experimentation of probiotics. What got me started was after changing to keto, my flatulence was reduced by about 99.8% until I had a couple rounds of antibiotics. Realizing the good bacteria in the gut can be collateral damage of antibiotics, it seemed like this would be a good area of investigation.

On the research side, I have found poor gut flora linked to many things I had not thought of including thyroid function, weight gain, even dementia. Based on how far along I am in research on diabetes (primary focus), I would still consider myself a novice on this topic, but getting stronger.

Keep us posted, eh?

You know how much I like my n=1 and reporting on them. o:)
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    It's been a week. A stall is no weight loss for like 5 to 6 weeks. I generally only lose during one week a month. The rest of the time I stay pretty much exactly the same. Monday I was 86.0kg. Same with Tuesday, and Wednesday, and today. It's not a stall, it's just the way it is. Next week I might drop 0.5kg overnight.
  • MySweetLavinia
    MySweetLavinia Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    We started at a similar time (March 1st for me) and I'm also not really losing this week. In fact, I have gained like a pound+ even though I'm doing all the same stuff I did last month. I think it is just normal weight and water fluctuation. Those of us with endocrine problems have to be even more patient, unfortunately.

Feel free to add me if you want OP, my diary is open to friends and we have similar calorie goals (~1300/day for me).
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    We started at a similar time (March 1st for me) and I'm also not really losing this week. In fact, I have gained like a pound+ even though I'm doing all the same stuff I did last month. I think it is just normal weight and water fluctuation. Those of us with endocrine problems have to be even more patient, unfortunately.

Feel free to add me if you want OP, my diary is open to friends and we have similar calorie goals (~1300/day for me).

That's a great point. It reminds me that my endo once suggested I raise my calories 150-300/day, mostly protein, for a few weeks in order to raise leptin and testosterone levels. And here I thought I'd thunk of everything.....