What did you eat today???

Options

Replies

• glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I skipped breakfast before church today because we were running late. Big mistake, because I ended up getting a flat tire on the way. Thankfully there was a pho place across the street from the tire shop- everything else was fast food, no veg options in sight- I got a tofu spring roll and a vegetarian pho bowl (they even had a veggie broth!) it was really yummy and filling.

You made the best of it though! I had a tofu spring roll at university, it was the brand new fusion restaurant in the SU, and it was literally the coldest, most disgusting thing I've ever put in my mouth. Strictly crispy, deep fried, terrible for you, veggie ones for me now. :lol:
    shelbypx92 wrote: »
    Yesterday ---
    - Breakfast: PB2 peanut butter, sliced banana, and chia seeds on 2 slices of toasted Ezekiel Sprouted Flax bread.
    - Lunch: 6" Veggie Delite sub on white w/ no cheese. I also had about half a bag of Lay's potato chips (guilty).
    - Snack: My husband and I experimented with Minimalist Baker's "Vegan Cheddar & Chive Biscuits" which were super good but also pretty indulgent for just two.
    - Dinner: Baked falafel with cucumber salad and vegan tzatziki.

Today I'm eating the same breakfast, leftover falafel for lunch, and attempting to make Beet & Quinoa burgers for dinner :)

I'm assuming that the VC&C biscuits not what I think they are. Biscuits here are like cookies in the states. Whereas a cookie is a type of biscuit. If they were tasty, add the recipe in the meat replacement recipes post. I'd, and probably the others, wouldn't mind giving them a go. :smiley:

I'm training twice today in two different places so basically I'm a trashcan of food on a sea of water (hydration ftw).

Porridge and vanilla almond milk, cola flavoured raisins (totally a thing, Nakd Foods make them), a Nutrigrain oat and raisin soft bake, a protein bar, a protein shake, a granary loaf sandwich with not sausage, a chocolate covered rice cake, chocolate...there might be other stuff, I log it all, I just can't remember off the top of my head. Going to have veggies and couscous and turkey dinosaurs for dinner because protein and I can only drink so many servings of casein (doing 2 1.5 servings everyday) before I die. So yeah, I'll have another protein shake, rice cake and chocolate later. I think I'll take a Jordan's apple and cinnamon bar for pre-workout before my second training session.
  • purebredpolly
    purebredpolly Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I was so busy yesterday I did not get to share what I ate today, so here it is.

Breakfast was Monster cookie oatmeal

7bvullpo2011.jpg

Snack #1 was

twdsz06e5vps.jpg

Lunch and supper was an Nonnie's Vegetable sandwich. Eggplant, broccoli rabe, sharp provolone, and a dish of marinated mozzarella.

l8air4zdebhn.jpg

Late night snack was an entire crunch pan bag of sliced apples.
  • purebredpolly
    Options
    Athijade wrote: »
    Tummy is not happy today and I'm exhausted (had to work a late event last night and still slept horribly). Today I am starting to work on my meal plan for the 2 weeks starting 4/30 and NOTHING is sounding good. Even looking at recipes is like UGH. So taking it easy today.

I sure hope you are feeling better today.

• purebredpolly
    Options
    jfp420 wrote: »
    I've been craving comfort foods this week (for me that is warm, fatty foods) instead of fruit and greens. Hopefully that turns around soon !

That's how I've been feeling here lately. I'm having a hard time getting my healthy grove back.
  • glassofroses
    Options

7bvullpo2011.jpg

It has...M&Ms in it. Can you do that? Does it not upset the universe?
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Tummy is not happy today and I'm exhausted (had to work a late event last night and still slept horribly). Today I am starting to work on my meal plan for the 2 weeks starting 4/30 and NOTHING is sounding good. Even looking at recipes is like UGH. So taking it easy today.

Thanks hun. I do feel much better today. I have Chronic Fatigue and getting off of schedule can really mess me up. Still not 100%, but getting there. If I can sleep okay tonight (I also have insomnia), I should be back to "normal" by tomorrow.

Today I had:
    Breakfast: Banana pudding (upset tummy so did not want "real" food on it yet
    Lunch: Baked omelet with mushroom, bell pepper, green onion, and cheddar cheese
    Dinner: Vegetable fried rice
    Dessert: Chocolate milk

So a total Vegetarian day!
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options

7bvullpo2011.jpg

That's amazing! I have to make that for my youngest son. He loves monster cookies
  • 2busy4health
    2busy4health Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Steel cut oatmeal with cranberries and almonds
    Lunch: the crusts of my daughter's PB sandwich and we shared a tropical smoothie
    Dinner: I made tacos with lentil "meat" so delicious. Topped with guacamole, cheese, greens, and plain Greek yogurt.

Tacos is one of my favourite veg meals!!

One thing I like to do for my 'meat' mix is to sneak some other veggies in. In my pan I throw in taco seasoning and a few kinds of beans, then I also add in shredded carrot, spinach and kale - you can't even taste them once its simmered for a bit. Then when I'm eating the tacos I add raw capsicum (peppers), lettuce and avocado. Its a really easy way to get some extra veggies into your meal, super filling and super nutritious :) And easy to store for leftovers!
  • purebredpolly
    edited April 2017
    Options
    jfp420 wrote: »

7bvullpo2011.jpg

That's amazing! I have to make that for my youngest son. He loves monster cookies

*laughing* It's a bit of brown sugar and peanut butter in the oatmeal, and M&M's on top. So good! *grins*
  • 2busy4health
    2busy4health Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    amybuckle1 wrote: »
    Breakfast - healthy living apple and strawberry bar
    Lunch - Leek and potato healthy cuppa soup, melon and raspberries,
    Dinner- Jacket potato, fat free cottage cheese, vegetable savoury rice and side salad
    Toffee Muller light yoghurt!

Need some more low carb veggie recipes!!! :smile:

One easy swap I do for low carb veg is to switch potato for cauliflower. It probably won't work so well for a jacket potato, but in a casserole or curry its a great swap. And there are some excellent mashed cauliflower recipes. :)
  • purebredpolly
    Options

7bvullpo2011.jpg

*grins*
  • purebredpolly
    Options

Thanks hun. I do feel much better today. I have Chronic Fatigue and getting off of schedule can really mess me up. Still not 100%, but getting there. If I can sleep okay tonight (I also have insomnia), I should be back to "normal" by tomorrow.

Oh, I'm so sorry :( Having a chronic illness is so challenging. I sure hope you get a good night's sleep and are able to beat back to he insomnia. I'll lift a prayer for you.
  • purebredpolly
    Options
    Breakfast - Blueberry pie oatmeal

ealwgxz5frdo.jpg

Snack- pear & plum

3gic9vlj418k.jpg

Lunch- Honey Mustard Cobb salad with vegetarian chicken.

ykhogucd3fkj.jpg

Supper- Blueberry pie, with picture of ingredients used for this simple pie.

8wjf7djzzy3p.jpg

c5npysn1ctkp.jpg

Midnight snack- a handful of pretzels

• glassofroses
    edited April 2017
    Options

Today I had:
    Breakfast: Banana pudding (upset tummy so did not want "real" food on it yet
    Lunch: Baked omelet with mushroom, bell pepper, green onion, and cheddar cheese
    Dinner: Vegetable fried rice
    Dessert: Chocolate milk

So a total Vegetarian day!

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling in tip top condition! As a fellow spoonie with insomnia it can be the worse as you crave sleep but just can't get it. As long as you're keeping up your food intake as much as you're able (and still lose 0.5lb), undereating will just make it all worse. I hope you feel better soon! :heart:

Feeling super achy from training yesterday and tired from donating blood today so my food is high key all over the place.

Porridge because it's life. I did have a coffee even though it is inflaming my bowel (achy pain, minimal bloating) because of the frequency I've been having it, but I was up early and didn't get enough sleep. I had a veggie protein power punnet by Graze for my morning snack, literally good nuts covered in spice, my two protein shakes and ricecakes at after lunch and dinner intervals, lunch was sushi I picked up while getting some groceries for my mum, I also bought a bottle of fizzy fruity water to drink, I don't know why, there are way too many sweeteners in it and it makes me feel sick but whatever. I had a energy ball snack (Deliciously Ella hazelnut and raisin) just before I went in to donate and then I had a chocolate biscuit and a packet of crisps/chips after. Didn't need the crisps but they were 'prawn cocktail' flavour which I haven't had in years. Also had some lemon squash. Dinner was a carton of vegetable soup I picked up with my sushi. It's made by a brand that only uses good whole ingredients and has lots of different veggies in it so it's always tasty and filling (dem root veggies yo). I was just so tired, you know? Even using the microwave was taxing. :lol: Had a square of chocolate just because.

A bit over on carbs and calories today but I'm not going to sweat it. I only donate every 4 months and better to be over 150 cal than pass out on the train home.
  • alybran
    alybran Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Today...
    Breakfast: Oatmeal with toast
    Lunch: Remainder of my salad from Red robin
    Dinner: TBD, supposed to be oil-free vegan lentil falafel tonight, but I'm sick so I'll have to see if I can manage it. I'll probably have some ice cream later to help my sore throat. That's the story, anyway.

Cristian is officially on his way back to Ecuador. I'll be heading there in a few weeks, but til then the plan is to really dial in to my diet and exercise to lose some weight. Lol I always plateau when he visits.
  • MsChucktowski
    MsChucktowski Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Breakfast
    Be Natural Protein nut bar

Lunch
    Leftover nutmeat and lentil "mince" on toast

Dinner
    Mexi-lasagne

Snacks
    Hemp and cacao nib raw chocolate
    Cookies and cream ice cream

I should've had more for breakfast before my 4 hour biochem lab, I was soooo hungry after :s
  • shelbypx92
    shelbypx92 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be a lazy vegan today -

Breakfast: Two bananas

Lunch: Minimalist Baker's Vegan Tomato Bisque and Vegan Cheddar & Chive Biscuits

Dinner: Veganized Mexican Pizzas (inspired by the one and only Taco Bell)

And I'll probably snack on a Larabar at some point :smile:
  • purebredpolly
    Options
    Breakfast was peanut butter thumb print cookie oatmeal

941yfba1fitv.jpg

Lunch was 50 calorie tortilla cheese & vegetable sandwiches

fpxjc6lu05k7.jpg

Supper was a copy cat Bob Evan's firecracker salad using vegetarian chicken

6r6q1ipfut5i.jpg
  • alybran
    alybran Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Back at work. Had a long weekend with Cristian, now I'm back to monotony lol :p

Breakfast: Apple w/ peanut butter
    Lunch: Wild rice soup and Gardein porkless bites w/ toast and ghee
    Snack: Vanilla Greek yogurt w/ Kind Vanilla Blueberry Crumble granola
    Dinner: Grilled veggies & Gardein Mandarin Orange "Chicken" over rice
    • I love grilling veggies instead of doing a stir-fry. That way, you very lightly coat with oil and salt, so less fat/sodium, more natural flavor, and more satisfying crunch! I'll chop in large pieces and put everything on kebab sticks. Some people in my family hate onions, some hate mushrooms, so I actually put all the same veggie on each stick so people can choose their proportions.

I'm still not feeling well, so I'm leaving ~150 calories for cough drops and tea with honey so I don't inadvertently go over my limit.
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Breakfast was peanut butter thumb print cookie oatmeal

941yfba1fitv.jpg

Lunch was 50 calorie tortilla cheese & vegetable sandwiches

fpxjc6lu05k7.jpg

Supper was a copy cat Bob Evan's firecracker salad using vegetarian chicken

6r6q1ipfut5i.jpg

You always make you oatmeal look so yummy!