What did you eat today???

Options

Replies

• purebredpolly
    purebredpolly Posts: 318 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Thanks JRP420! I'm attempting to get more fiber in me, and they say that oatmeal is very good for you. The thing is, if I ate oatmeal the same way all the time the boredom would overcome me. So I try to be creative with it. I've even used oatmeal to thicken a few chunky soups with stellar results.
  • purebredpolly
    purebredpolly Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    alybran wrote: »

I'm still not feeling well, so I'm leaving ~150 calories for cough drops and tea with honey so I don't inadvertently go over my limit.

I hope you feel better real soon!!!!
  • fluter4gsus
    fluter4gsus Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: yogurt (homemade, didn't turn out as tart as I like :-/) with a kiwi, some strawberries, and granola.

Snack: apple and nuts

Lunch: quinoa bowl with diced red bell pepper, cucumber, carrots and onion, feta cheese and balsamic vinaigrette. Side of baby carrots.

Dinner: I got a csa box with fennel in it, which I've never cooked with before, so I'm making this:

http://www.abeautifulplate.com/pasta-fennel-kale-and-lemon/
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Overall fatigue today and a headache after lunch so I wasn't feeling cooking at all tonight but I remembered I had ordered some organic Biona rye bread to arrive in my mum's organic veg box so I grabbed that (and my Salted Caramel yoghurt) and 'fried' some eggs to go on top for dinner. Tasted just like egg fried rice as I cooked them both in the same pan. I say fried but I used a couple of sprays of 1cal sunflower oil so it wouldn't stick.

The thing about making for one you have to eat a lot of the same foods so it was porridge again, sandwich and yoghurt for lunch and ricecakes when I got my headache because I thought it was hunger - it was - and an orange kitkat for a change and I finished my chocolate yesterday. Protein shakes are pretty much a staple now because I would never get over 100g without them.

My mum let me use up one of her 'slots' on her veg order to get some Portobello mushrooms for stuffing and they look really good. Might have them tomorrow with couscous inside. :smile:
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,248 Member
    Options
    I did not have a vegetarian day today, though I did get some sleep last night so feeling a bit better. Also, I roasted green beans for the first time and they were awesome! May have over cooked them JUST a bit, but they still tasted great.

Next week will start my two weeks of trying to eat a lot less meat and eating lighter meals.
  • Athijade
    Options
    Breakfast: Nothing, wasn't feeling well again
    Lunch: PB&J sandwich and strawberries
    Dinner: Spaghetti with roasted red pepper sauce, garlic bread, roasted asparagus
    Dessert: Chocolate milk
  • mishaelder
    mishaelder Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs mixed with asparagus, diced tomatoes, shredded parmesan, and a dash of cayenne pepper. It was amazing!
  • glassofroses
    Options
    More excited about the risotto I'm making tomorrow and stuffing into portebello mushrooms than today's food. I'm mean, I ate two servings of apple pie popcorn which was great. I was feeling very much America (literally the country). It was a two hour training day so I basically didn't stop shoveling food into my mouth all day until about an hour ago (11:30pm).
  • alybran
    alybran Posts: 199 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Breakfast: Apple w/ peanut butter
    • I ate this later than usual because I just forgot about food and wasn't hungry?
    Lunch: Leftover grilled veggies & Gardein Crispy Mandarin Orange "Chicken"
    • Ugh I so hated this. I think I just wasn't feeling well, because last night it was delicious, but at lunch I just wasn't hungry and had to force most of it down.
    Snack: Vanilla Greek yogurt w/ Kind Vanilla Blueberry Crumble granola

Dinner: Morningstar veggie burger (griller original) on potato roll with a fried egg and smashed avocado
    • I had plans to make black bean and lime rice and top it with Morningstar Grilled "Chicken" and avocado, maybe some leftover salsa ranch from my Red Robin salad, but I wasn't feeling well and my dad offered to grill up some veggie burgers :p I added the avocado and fried egg to make up for the protein I was missing from my original plan

Edit: spelling
  • fluter4gsus
    fluter4gsus Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was running around a lot today. Only had time for a hard boiled egg for breakfast. I had a banana and kiwi as a snack. Lunch was black bean and cheese burritos. Dinner was sharing a little Ceasar's cheese pizza with my kids, and a big bowl of 50/50 greens with lemon juice. I'm still working on the greens, it was not as good as I had hoped.
  • MsChucktowski
    MsChucktowski Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Black bean and sweet potato burrito
    Lunch: Mexi-lasagne
    Dinner: Half a Domino's mushroom pizza

Had a terrible day at work, so treated myself to pizza
  • glassofroses
    Options
    I was running around a lot today. Only had time for a hard boiled egg for breakfast. I had a banana and kiwi as a snack. Lunch was black bean and cheese burritos. Dinner was sharing a little Ceasar's cheese pizza with my kids, and a big bowl of 50/50 greens with lemon juice. I'm still working on the greens, it was not as good as I had hoped.
    Breakfast: Black bean and sweet potato burrito
    Lunch: Mexi-lasagne
    Dinner: Half a Domino's mushroom pizza

Had a terrible day at work, so treated myself to pizza

I love black beans! I'm also a sucker for refried beans if we're talking Mexican cuisine, so...all the beans. :lol:

Mushrooms on hold till tomorrow because I don't have time to cook properly tonight before training so it's going to be egg on rye again.

Had a couple of squares of chocolate with lunch today, which I don't normally do but whatever, YOLO. Considering eating the rest of the bar when I get home. I won't gain weight if I eat it, I might not even lose weight if I eat it but I'll be happy. :smiley: I mostly want to eat it because I feel sore in my bowel and a little bit sick and I'm a comfort eater. It's not something I do anymore unless I can fit it in calorie wise and today just so happens to be a day I can.

(Also standard porridge breakfast, sandwich & yoghurt situation + 2 protein shakes and pre-workout Nutrigrain bar)
  • alybran
    Options
    Breakfast: Apple peanut butter

Lunch: Open-faced veggie burger with smashed avocado and a microwave-"fried" egg (YUM!)

Snack: Kind Vanilla blueberry cluster granola in almond milk (I ran out of yogurt :p) + low-fat string cheese while cooking dinner

Dinner: Veggie tikka masala over brown rice
    • I used this recipe as a base. Instead of Quorn chicken, I used a can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed), a few ounces (~100g) of mushrooms, and about a cup and a half (~150g) of a frozen peas and carrots mix. Added a little bit of cayenne pepper, went super light on the salt. Turned out great! I mean like suuuuuper delicious. If you like Indian food/curries, I'd recommend it. Was a nice balance of spices, and came together really quickly. Coconut milk would work well in place of the cream for a non-dairy version.
  • glassofroses
    Options
    I think I'm coming out the other side of my stomach flu. Woke up feeling like someone was trying to pull my intestines out of my spine but I feel pretty normal now (when I eat gives me problems)

But yeah the only thing I wanted to share was that I ate apple crumble and custard. I like to eat a little more when I'm ill to help myself recover quicker and my mum offered me some and I thought why not. :smiley:
  • alybran
    Options
    I've been eating like a bird lately which is why I haven't been posting. Had my toddler niece and 2 nephews this weekend (plus another toddler niece and infant nephew for several hours), who eat nothing but french fries, ice pops, ham & cheese sandwiches, and chicken nuggets. So. You can guess how my weekend went. Luckily all the running around with small children accounted for the increase in calories.

Yesterday and today, back on track.
    YESTERDAY
    Breakfast: Blueberry toaster strudel (couldn't resist)
    Lunch: Simply Asia shiitake mushroom noodle bowl
    Snack: Coconut Bai water, graham crackers
    Dinner: Lentil falafel
    Post-dinner: Chocolate & Halo Top cookie dough ice cream

TODAY
    Breakfast: Apple & PB
    Lunch: Tikka masala over rice
    Snack: Vanilla greek yogurt with Vanilla blueberry granola
    Dinner: Oh crap... I forgot to look at my menu today. I'm pretty sure it's the lime & black bean rice w/ Morningstar "chicken" strips & avocado.
  • alybran
    Options
    alybran wrote: »
    Dinner: Oh crap... I forgot to look at my menu today. I'm pretty sure it's the lime & black bean rice w/ Morningstar "chicken" strips & avocado.

Ended up going out for sushi with my family. I had veggie tempura.

Today's plan...

Lunch: Veggie tempura over brown rice with teriyaki glaze, Bai Sao Paulo strawberry lemonade
    • God only knows what I'll end up eating (not even just today, but this week). There's a product training for distributors this week and my company is catering. I just hope I don't get roped into their lunches. Being vegetarian helps and gives me an excuse lol. I've already resisted donuts though! ;)
    Snack: Vanilla greek yogurt with Vanilla blueberry granola

Dinner: Spicy black bean soup with Tostitos, light sour cream, and avocado.
  • glassofroses
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I wasn't meat free today because I was trapped with hospital canteen food and what I could scrounge up by way of a sandwich for later. I did treat myself to Sainbury's pumpkin and sage quadrotti (kinda like ravioli) for tomorrow's dinner. It's expensive per meal but I really do enjoy it.

The slaw and rice were really good though. I had Pepsi Max cherry as a treat and I regret it. I feel so sick now.
  • alybran
    Options
    YESTERDAY
    Lunch: Black bean soup with avocado
    Snack: Granola bar + figgy bar
    Dinner: Veggie fried rice w/ grilled veggies; various other snackies

TODAY
    Breakfast: 2 cookies (oops)
    Lunch: Veggie fried rice, grilled veggies with teriyaki, a cookie (oops)
    Snack: Banana with peanut butter
    Dinner: Creamy sun-dried tomato pasta w/ Morningstar grilled "chicken" strips.
  • Athijade
    Options
    I want to post what I eat, but not doing a lot of full veggie days.
  • glassofroses
    Options
    Athijade wrote: »
    I want to post what I eat, but not doing a lot of full veggie days.

Well, for what it's worth, I don't mind. I'm just nosy and want to know what everyone is eating. :lol: As for eating full veggie, I haven't the past few days just because I've been so busy and I have to put protein as my priority to preserve my muscle so you're not the only one. I guess we should take a vote among the other members to see if they mind mentions/discussions of eating meat based products.