Committing to Omad

2»

Replies

• mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Wow that's a great loss congratulations :smiley: keep it up!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Awesome loss!!! :)
  • crimple
    crimple Posts: 8 Member
    Brenda I saw you posted elsewhere about rebounding. I picked up a trampoline on ebay the other day and I'm thinking of giving it a crack. Does it interfere with losses for you?
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Anything beyond brisk walking is too much exercise in all cases where someone needs to lose a significant amount. Trampolines are pretty much just fun, but you will NOT increase losses by taxing your body with hard physical exertion.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited May 2017
    crimple wrote: »
    Brenda I saw you posted elsewhere about rebounding. I picked up a trampoline on ebay the other day and I'm thinking of giving it a crack. Does it interfere with losses for you?

I agree with Joe...I wouldn't jump on it until your closer to your goal weight...I didn't start walking until I was 12 pounds from my goal weight and I didn't start rebounding until I was 4 pounds from my goal weight :)

You could do this on it though...Stand on the mat and lightly lift your heels up and down one at a time and the springs do the bounce for you, you don't even lift your feet off the mat...Its like walking :smile:
  • crimple
    crimple Posts: 8 Member
    edited June 2017
    My weight loss goes up and down daily. Sometimes I feel uncomfortable being hungry in the evening and have a cup of soup. But I dont tend to beat myself up about it. Sometimes guilt is linked with overeating in the first place.

Ive lost around 5.5kg in the last three and a bit weeks. Not a massive amount, not an insignificant amount.

The most important thing is that I feel like I'm on the right track. Like if I just stick with this relatively easy, straightforward way of eating over the long term eventually I'll find myself back to my old self. It's a comforting thought after years of stressing out about different diets.

Despite the warnings over exercise I got myself a rebounder and have been enjoying doing 15 mins of an evening. Don't break a sweat, but feel like I'm getting a ton of benefits from circulating lymph.

Also, I've been taking a probiotic before bed. I read a book about how healthy gut bacteria has been linked with weight loss. Not sure if it's speeded things up at all, but has certainly stopped me feeling constipated which troubled me early on in this diet.

All in all, grateful to our man Joe for his videos and encouragement.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Ive lost around 5.5kg in the last three and a bit weeks. Not a massive amount, not an insignificant amount.

5.5kg in three and a half weeks is awesome! I've only lost about 3kgs in 3 weeks...

BTW, the drinking thing is a huge problem. I go to 3 overseas conferences a year and it's all about drinking (and eating). I can gain 4 or 5kgs in one week at those things. We also have one company retreat a year (we are a totally distributed company - everybody works from home) and it's the same there. I even mentioned last year that if we had somebody who was a recovering alcoholic start working at our company, it would be a pretty toxic environment. I think that comment has meant we are going to de-emphasize the booze a bit this year as it made some people think a bit.

I'm lucky that I work from home and don't have to deal with the pub-after-work office culture anymore! I do like a few (too many!) drinks on the weekend though, and I know that's one of the reasons my weight upticks over the weekend...

Having said that, I maintained a healthy weight for years (5 or so) while drinking after work and doing IF - so it can be done. I was also working out like a maniac at that point though.

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I agree... 5.5 kgs in 3 weeks is awesome! That's the beauty of omad... Its sustainable!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    minigrrll wrote: »

5.5kg in three and a half weeks is awesome! I've only lost about 3kgs in 3 weeks...

BTW, the drinking thing is a huge problem. I go to 3 overseas conferences a year and it's all about drinking (and eating). I can gain 4 or 5kgs in one week at those things. We also have one company retreat a year (we are a totally distributed company - everybody works from home) and it's the same there. I even mentioned last year that if we had somebody who was a recovering alcoholic start working at our company, it would be a pretty toxic environment. I think that comment has meant we are going to de-emphasize the booze a bit this year as it made some people think a bit.

I'm lucky that I work from home and don't have to deal with the pub-after-work office culture anymore! I do like a few (too many!) drinks on the weekend though, and I know that's one of the reasons my weight upticks over the weekend...

Having said that, I maintained a healthy weight for years (5 or so) while drinking after work and doing IF - so it can be done. I was also working out like a maniac at that point though.

Just don't drink if you don't want to. I haven't drank in almost 39-yrs. Quit as a minor lol!
  • minigrrll
    But I DO want to drink... :D That's the problem!

I'm actually going to do Dry July (not sure if that's a thing everywhere or just in Australia - I had never heard of it until I moved here...) this year. So I'll not drink for the month of July and hopefully raise a bit of money for charity at the same time.
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    minigrrll wrote: »
    But I DO want to drink... :D That's the problem!

I'm actually going to do Dry July (not sure if that's a thing everywhere or just in Australia - I had never heard of it until I moved here...) this year. So I'll not drink for the month of July and hopefully raise a bit of money for charity at the same time.

I hope you see the results I got when I went dry for April because it will inspire you to keep at it. I lost weight, gained restful sleep, and my temperament was more stable. It lead to me cutting way back now with just 5-6 a week total - used to be 2-4 a NIGHT!
  • minigrrll
    That's great!

I'm actually a bit of a binge drinker. I don't drink on weeknights (or Friday) because I work for an American company and have to get up very early to start work to fit in better with that timezone (and USA Friday is Australian Saturday :'( ). So if I do drink it's a fair bit on a Saturday night. Getting older though, the hangovers are just SO MUCH worse than they used to be and I'm finding that really tempers the amount I allow myself. This is definitely one of the reasons my weight goes up over the weekend.

I'm definitely looking forward to not drinking for a month to see what difference it makes in weight loss - those booze calories are just too much!