Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Breakfast Ideas, I'm tired of eggs...

angelaypolite
angelaypolite Posts: 63 Member
I am starting on Phase Two (Atkins) and I wanted to get some breakfast/smoothie ideas. I usually been eating deviled eggs and Vienna sausages, but now I'm officially tired of it.

Thanks!

Replies

• WVWalkerFriend
    WVWalkerFriend Posts: 575 Member
    Bacon and sausage. Or meat left over from the night before.
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    I just always remind myself that just because it's the first meal of the day doesn't mean it has to be certain foods. I've made giant salads for breakfast before (not sure of the phase 2 carb restrictions so that may not work!) or had just leftover like LowCarb4Me suggested. A meal is a meal, food is food. Don't worry too much about what time of day you "should" eat certain foods. Eat what makes you happy. :-)
  • angelaypolite
    I just always remind myself that just because it's the first meal of the day doesn't mean it has to be certain foods. I've made giant salads for breakfast before (not sure of the phase 2 carb restrictions so that may not work!) or had just leftover like LowCarb4Me suggested. A meal is a meal, food is food. Don't worry too much about what time of day you "should" eat certain foods. Eat what makes you happy. :-)

That's true. I guess I'm looking for something that isn't so heavy.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Greek yogurt...with berries. I add flaxseed meal too.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member

That's true. I guess I'm looking for something that isn't so heavy.

Coffee or tea
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,371 Member
    I have coffee - 1 1/2 cups black, 1 1/2 cups with HWC. I don't usually eat food before noon.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    edited April 2017
    I just have a BPC. Then, I eat lunch at about 2pm, depending on how hungry I feel.... I made my H a steak with two fried eggs and sauteed mushrooms for breakfast, the other day. he thought he'd died and gone to heaven.....
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    edited April 2017
    Hey there! I put an ounce of hwc in a microwave safe measuring cup then fill rest to a cup with water. Nuke it for one minute. While it's warming, put three T of chia seed in a small lidded container (I use a cleaned tostitos dip jar) Add your sweetener, to taste, to the liquid, and any vanilla or other flavoring you want, pour over seed and vigorously stir. Let it stand for about ten minutes, stirring it a couple of more times then put it in the fridge overnight. Bam, chia pudding breakfast!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Full fat cottage or ricotta cheese You could add some nuts and/or berries.
  • angelaypolite
    All great ideas, thanks!
  • angelaypolite
    I just have a BPC. Then, I eat lunch at about 2pm, depending on how hungry I feel.... I made my H a steak with two fried eggs and sauteed mushrooms for breakfast, the other day. he thought he'd died and gone to heaven.....

What's a BPC?
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    BulletProof Coffee. It's coffee melded with coconut oil and butter.
    It sounds absolutely revolting, but actually, once blended at high speed, it's really rather good. Many people add thick cream, and some sweetener, but me, I just like it simple....

https://blog.bulletproof.com/bulletproof-coffee-recipe/
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    I like a really spicey pork & veggie stir-fry to break my fast. Spicier the better.

You don't need to limit yourself to 'breakfast' foods just because the clock is before noon. If you're tired of eggs, eat literally anything else. :smile:
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Yes, I agree, @Steph_Maks, we have become conditioned over the years to accept certain foods for certain meals. But when you learn about other cltures, you find variants on a theme... Here is a link. I think there may be a common thread, but the variety is wonderful!
  • angelaypolite
    Just_Eric wrote: »

I staggered, still half-drunk, into a Vietnamese place about an hour before they opened a few years ago in Vegas. They served me. As I'm sitting there slurping my pho the woman who runs the joint sits down and begins chatting; says she doesn't see many white people come in for soup in the morning. "That's a funny thing about Americans," she observes, "you guys think there are breakfast foods and dinner foods. The rest of the world just has food."

HAHA. That is true!
  • angelaypolite
    BulletProof Coffee. It's coffee melded with coconut oil and butter.
    It sounds absolutely revolting, but actually, once blended at high speed, it's really rather good. Many people add thick cream, and some sweetener, but me, I just like it simple....

https://blog.bulletproof.com/bulletproof-coffee-recipe/

I've seen that online before, but I never knew it was a meal.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Yes, I agree, @Steph_Maks, we have become conditioned over the years to accept certain foods for certain meals. But when you learn about other cltures, you find variants on a theme... Here is a link. I think there may be a common thread, but the variety is wonderful!

While that post was very interesting there were WAY too many bready delights pictured for me to look too long..... :) I truthfully think I just miss a nice piece of fresh baked bread (quality) more than any of the other sweets, etc. combined.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    swezeytba wrote: »

While that post was very interesting there were WAY too many bready delights pictured for me to look too long..... :) I truthfully think I just miss a nice piece of fresh baked bread (quality) more than any of the other sweets, etc. combined.

I agree... My point was that if you examine the different breakfasts closely, they all resemble one another with regard to proteins, carbs and fats... no matter whether you look at a Turkish breakfast or a Japanese one, they have similar components, even if the ingredients differ....
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Just_Eric wrote: »

I staggered, still half-drunk, into a Vietnamese place about an hour before they opened a few years ago in Vegas. They served me. As I'm sitting there slurping my pho the woman who runs the joint sits down and begins chatting; says she doesn't see many white people come in for soup in the morning. "That's a funny thing about Americans," she observes, "you guys think there are breakfast foods and dinner foods. The rest of the world just has food."

HAHA. That is true!

I would kill for a Pho for breakfast! I already eat Kimchi with any morning ham and eggs I eat!