Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Breakfast Ideas, I'm tired of eggs...

Replies

• WVWalkerFriend
    WVWalkerFriend Posts: 575 Member
    BulletProof Coffee. It's coffee melded with coconut oil and butter.
    It sounds absolutely revolting, but actually, once blended at high speed, it's really rather good. Many people add thick cream, and some sweetener, but me, I just like it simple....

https://blog.bulletproof.com/bulletproof-coffee-recipe/

I've seen that online before, but I never knew it was a meal.

It sounds even worse to add an egg but it tastes devine.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,759 Member
    Coffee with coconut oil blended in it. Bone broth really can the the spot. If I want a toast like experience, I use these:

http://cavemanketo.com/faux-bread-quest-holy-grail-almond-buns/

I found them a tad to buttery (yes, there is such a thing) so I cut the butter down to 4 TBS. and they are still very buttery, but they behave more like a real piece of toast now. I bought a muffin top pan to make these. DH loves'em too. You can make them on parchment paper or a silicon pad, but the muffin top pan gives a better result.

Toast them up in a toaster oven, and slap some almond butter on them, you're good to go for HOURS.
  • my4andme333
    my4andme333 Posts: 140 Member
    edited April 2017
    I make my own Keto cereal, I use Bob's Red Mill coconut flakes unsweetened and sliced almonds, I toast both separately in the oven (250 degrees until lightly toasted pay attention they can go quickly from perfect to burnt) 1/2 cup of coconut and 2 tbs of almonds with 1/2 cup coconut or almond milk unsweetened, hit's the spot and tastes just like cereal, to me and my kids! They love it so bonus! :) I cut off the fat calorie etc part of the pic but 11g total carbs 4 net carbs ( or 5 I'm still not sure if you count the gram of fiber from the coconut/almond milk? So I always count it as 5g carbs) 313 calories 7g protein 11g fat and 85g sodium You can also add in some dark chocolate chunks I haven't tried it that way yet but it sounds good :)

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    I usually have coffee with HWC and don't eat food until >1pm.

But sometimes I take 8 oz coconut almond milk (it's a refrigerated blend I found that doesn't have thickeners) and mix it with 1/4c chia seeds. Let it refrigerate overnight and have half of it sprinkled with hemp hearts and cocoa nibs and some berries.
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    swezeytba wrote: »
    I truthfully think I just miss a nice piece of fresh baked bread (quality) more than any of the other sweets, etc. combined.
    True that *kitten*! I have my sourdough starter sitting in stasis in my freezer just waiting for the day when I can pull him out, revive him, and bake a delicious crusty loaf again. I'll probably consume the entire thing in one sitting.
  • MzLazyBones
    MzLazyBones Posts: 63 Member
    If you have a regular meal, you can always cut the portion in half if you think it's too much. Chicken salad is a nice change of pace :)
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Ricotta cheese... add some sweetener of choice and it tastes like cheesecake :) Can be used to make smoothies too (in place of protein powder).
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Breakfast today consisted of grilled kalamari rings and button mushroom omlette, with a side of 2 Leerdammer slices.

My H: "F*** me woman, you are weird!"
    (tastes it)
    ..."It is strangely nice though....."

Conclusion: if you're tired of eggs, dress 'em up weird.....
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    I like a can of good chunk tuna in olive oil, mixed with Pataks Hot Lime Pickle and a dab of mayo scooped up with cucumber coins.
    Savoury and awesome. (I used to eat this on GF toast for breakfast, but now too many carbs)
  • my4andme333
    canadjineh wrote: »
    I like a can of good chunk tuna in olive oil, mixed with Pataks Hot Lime Pickle and a dab of mayo scooped up with cucumber coins.
    Savoury and awesome. (I used to eat this on GF toast for breakfast, but now too many carbs)

This seriously just made my mouth water HAHA I need to go shopping
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Dare I say I make my OWN hot lime pickle....? Just askin'....!
  • my4andme333
    Dare I say I make my OWN hot lime pickle....? Just askin'....!

Sounds amazing! I'd have to switch it up if I made it with lemon not lime I'm allergic to limes
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Easily done - if you want the recipe, I can PM you.... It's really so simple....
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,759 Member
    canadjineh wrote: »

I could eat that anytime of the day. Love Pataks, love mayo, love tuna in oil.
  • my4andme333
    Easily done - if you want the recipe, I can PM you.... It's really so simple....

I'd love the recipe thank you :)
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    @my4andme333 , I sent the pm, but as I sent it, I got a message telling me there was a server error, and that it had difficulty complying with my request'. Let me know whether you have actually got the message.... if not, I'll just post it....
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    @my4andme333 , I sent the pm, but as I sent it, I got a message telling me there was a server error, and that it had difficulty complying with my request'. Let me know whether you have actually got the message.... if not, I'll just post it....

Post!
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    I like to make up a bunch of these and freeze the leftovers to grab through the week: http://www.lowcarb360.com/pork-rind-pancakes-induction-friendly.html
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    RalfLott wrote: »

Post!

Okay!!!

This recipe is so simple, but you need ingredients which you may not be able to commonly find. I bought what I needed, online, and the result is certainly worth it - I've made it three times now, and it's gone down a treat with my nearest and dearest! Last time I made some I doubled up, and gave some jars away for Christmas - they went down well, too!

Ok - Ingredients:

8 medium-sized, un-waxed firm lemons.
    2oz coarse sea salt
    (the 'proper' recipe calls for limes, but @my4andme333 is allergic to them. However, for those who aren't I recommend using limes. The tart flavour is subtly different....)

SPICES:
    1 tablespoon (15 grammes) ground mustard seed
    1tbsp ground fenugreek
    hot chilli powder - from 1 - 2 tbsps, depending on how hot you want it. I always add 1 and a half...
    half a teaspoon of turmeric powder

half a teaspoonful of asafoetida (as pure as you can get it, not mixed with any other 'carrier' spice)
    200ml mustard oil.

I had to get these last 2 ingredients online, but well worth it!

METHOD.
    Cut the lemons into 4 'boats' lengthways, then each 'boat into 3.
    Place into a good pyrex or non-reactive bowl, and cover with the salt.
    Cover with clingfilm (I think it's called 'saran-wrap' in the USA!) and secure with a plastic band.
    Shake well to toss it thoroughly together, then leave for at least 2 weeks in an out-of-the-way place, but not cold.

In 2 weeks, the lemons will look browned and softened, almost 'cooked'.

Add the ground mustard seed powder, fenugreek, chilli and turmeric. Stir well, leave to one side.

Now comes the 'stinky' bit. Open your windows, and ventilate the place, because asafoetida is pretty strong stuff, but combined with the oil, is amazing and delicious, and just boosts flavours wonderfully!

Place the oil in a good stainless steel pan, and add the asafoetida.
    Stir continually, until you bring it up to smoking point.
    Remove from the heat, and immediately pour it carefully, over the lemon mixture.
    Be careful, it will spit, so do it gently and gradually.
    Make sure all the asafoetida goes in with the oil....

Carefully stir really well to combine everything, and put into clean jars immediately. Close, label and leave for at least a week.
    If you can resist temptation for that long.

Any questions, please feel free to ask!

Enjoy!!