Motivated May 2017: Week 1 (5/1-5/7)

baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
edited May 2017 in Social Groups
For some of us, M stands for "Meativore" this May. So what were the rest of us to do with ourselves? Manic May? Mediocre May? Naw! Life gets busy and throws nonsense in the way of our goals. Sometimes we just don't "feel it"? But at some point we were motivated, right? Well, this month we are going to mainline you motivation all month long. 31 days of focusing in, with eagle-sharp focus, on a goal.

It's up to you. Do you need a 30/31 challenge (30 minutes every one of the 31 days this month.) A push-up challenge? Further your fitness level? Tamp down on the basics? Just plain need accountability? That's why we are here.

There'll be a thread up in the sticky section with links to each week for easy access when/if the thread gets buried.

Get motivated to reach your goal for May. And when motivation wanes, come to this thread an lean on us. We want every single one of you to succeed.
Come on in and post your goals! Check-in as often as you want/need. We'll keep the light on for ya. :wink:

motivation.jpg

Replies

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    You're awesome for doing this, lady. The best. :smiley:

I'm back on track with food...but I have to keep my electrolytes balanced. I've had this issue quite frequently. So that's the main goal cause headaches ain't cool.

Also I'm working on push ups. Against a bench for now, so my goal is to be able to do ten classic push ups by the end of the month. :)
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    My goals for May are a pushup challenge I found on Pinterest and furthering my walking mileage as much as possible. I did the first 5 pushups this morning and will post my mileage tonight or tomorrow. I've also started a project at home, an herb garden. So far its just mint but I'm in a planning and designing mode and since its fitness related in the food sense as well as the prepping the area is kicking my butt sense, I'll post it as well. If we don't get the tornado like storms this evening like they're threatening I'll put in some more effort.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    My goals for May are a pushup challenge I found on Pinterest and furthering my walking mileage as much as possible. I did the first 5 pushups this morning and will post my mileage tonight or tomorrow. I've also started a project at home, an herb garden. So far its just mint but I'm in a planning and designing mode and since its fitness related in the food sense as well as the prepping the area is kicking my butt sense, I'll post it as well. If we don't get the tornado like storms this evening like they're threatening I'll put in some more effort.

I might join you on that. I can do full push-ups. Just not as many or as low as I would like. I want to be all bad-*kitten* and get them all chest-to-the-floor.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Motivation!

15 running miles a week (monday to sunday)

35g carb daily (coming out of maintainence mode)

No alcohol (april was a little....wet time to dry out)

Would be sweet to lose 10 lbs this month (not gonna stress about it though. Other 3 areas of focus are more important)
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Mastering Mellitus

log91v33irho.jpg

>:) or o:)
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Good Morning! this is a great idea. My goals for this month are to eat consciously every day (I am no longer assigning my food choices a 'good' or 'bad' title). I also want to get in 30-60 minutes of designated activity 5-6 days/week. I am taking part in a Step Bet so I will need to reach 8200 steps/day on 4 days and 10,200 on 2 other days each week to complete the bet.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Goals for Motivated May:

1. Home overhaul...for real this time (often failed goal). Might be getting central air put in which will make my summer bearable so it's important to get everything clean, organized, and decluttered.

2. Continue Hammer & Chisel program subbing cardio based workouts for trail runs.

3. Continued weight maintenance.
  • jayerde
    jayerde Posts: 35 Member
    edited May 2017
    Cadori wrote: »
    My goals for May:

Brush my teeth immediately after dinner so I don't snack

That is an awesome idea! I'm bad for helping myself to a couple slices of cheddar before bed. I was contemplating making not eating after 9 a rule but sometimes that's when I get home.

I'm just going to focus on meeting my macros (down to the last 3.4kgs) :)
    And exercising three times a week.

Pretty bang on for both yesterday.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    I am going to make it "Meditative May". I have been thinking about making this a daily practice for months now and I find it very difficult. I really think it will help me focus which is the first step in getting back on track for eating and exercise etc.

So at least 5 minutes. At least once a day. Small goal I know but I have not been able to do even that much focused meditation.

Thanks @morriganmom
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Miles today are 2.5
  • my4andme333
    my4andme333 Posts: 140 Member
    sixaround1 wrote: »
    These are all very inspiring goals! I have always eaten low carb OR exercised but never both at the same time for some reason.

I've been doing keto since March 8 & I think I'd like to start exercising again. I'm nervous about energy levels or feeling hungry, also I wonder if my joint hypermobility disorder will flare & make me miserable. But even if all those things happen, I'm still going to try it!

I used to do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred part one, 3 days a week. I never lost a pound but I felt pretty strong. Stopped last summer when my JHD got so bad I couldn't exercise. I *think* I have it controlled with supplements now. Man, I would love to feel fit again.

I'm right there with you my EDS makes it pretty hard to do exercises most people consider easy, today for instance my hip dislocated while exercising and I just couldn't get it back in for about 30+ minutes, I just sat there on the floor, good thing my kids were at school they hate when stuff like that happens to me, freaks them out...But I'm bound and determined to get some activity done every day :)
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    @my4andme333 Oh man I feel for you, yes! I think from what I've read EDS is more intense than JHD but the subluxations happen to me too, I've learned to eeeeaaase into the moves and go at my own pace. And stretching is dicey too with these clenched muscles & loose tendons, I could easily tear up my joints. But also just the recovery is so much longer. Feeling like I'm 80 getting up from the couch so stiff & painful after a workout. It's no joke! Fist bump for your determination to do it anyway, now I'm really motivated :blush:
  • my4andme333
    my4andme333 Posts: 140 Member
    @sixaround1 Glad I could be a motivation! YAY! Now I'm motivated to do more :)
This discussion has been closed.