Motivated May 2017: Week 1 (5/1-5/7)

Options

Replies

• christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    slimzandra wrote: »

I can't believe how much my weight in the morning effects my mood during the day. I know I should not weigh every day because of the fluctuations, but I can't seem to stop it. Inquiring minds need to know. <geez>

Forgot my lunch on the counter, but the good news is that they are having cauliflower crust pizza today in the café. Heading out for a walk now. I think it's going to be a good day!

I weigh every morning too - yes, inquiring minds want to know. :)

I want to know where you work that actually has cauliflower crust pizza!!!
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    From April 2015 through most of 2016 I did the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred Level 1 over 130 times (the higher levels are too hard on me).

I got much more fit & grew some muscles but I didn't budge the scale. Now I know muscle weighs more than fat but I doubt I was 204 lbs of pure muscle lololol so yeah. I needed to lower my carbs but I just didn't wanna, you know?

So now in March I finally started Keto & today I did my first Shred while low carbing and it went fine! I know I'll be sore later but hopefully in that good way :smiley: Excited to see how doing low carb & circuit training at the same time works for me.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »

it's getting lighter earlier, I think even though I prefer to run in the evenings I need to start doing it in the AM. With school ending and 3 kids everything is getting crazier in the afternoons/evenings. I'm struggling to get runs in. I've always said I won't get up when it's dark and cold to do it but....it's neither dark nor cold so.....yeah. Morning workouts are in my future I do believe.

I have 3 kids too, and morning workouts are the only thing I can manage - or something that involves getting me to/from work, thus the bike challenge! I can't justify doing anything in the evening with dinners, homework and extra curricular activities...the life of a mom. :)

Yes! I work 10 hour days (6-4:30) with a long commute, so the only time I can exercise that doesn't take away from time with my kids is at 4:45am...and the gym is 45 minutes away (on my way to work). If I can't drag my butt out of bed at 4 it doesn't happen.

My husband homeschools the kids so I feel guilty that he's spending so much quality time with them M-Th and I basically only see them 2 hours in the evenings (6pm - bedtime)

I am lucky to have 3 day weekends and we're very active on those days.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I am sticking to 30g carbs or under and I have been doing that for more than a week. Started as a experiment what with meatavore May going on. I usually eat a lot of veggies but the weight has not shifted in some time and I needed a reset. It is working.

Meditation was one of my goals and I am struggling. But I have taken the time each day to try to get there. That is a win. Blood pressure in docs office yesterday 165/92, blood pressure at home 2 hours later 127/72. And at 63, they get concerned. Why do I get so fussed? Got to learn to control inner stress!

@LowCarb4Me2016 , really like stopping the word "only" when describing successes. A new goal to add, thanks.

And @slimzandra , a work café that serves cauliflower pizza crust? Wow!

Great to hear the results and efforts of everyone.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I am sticking to 30g carbs or under and I have been doing that for more than a week. Started as a experiment what with meatavore May going on. I usually eat a lot of veggies but the weight has not shifted in some time and I needed a reset. It is working.

Meditation was one of my goals and I am struggling. But I have taken the time each day to try to get there. That is a win. Blood pressure in docs office yesterday 165/92, blood pressure at home 2 hours later 127/72. And at 63, they get concerned. Why do I get so fussed? Got to learn to control inner stress!

@LowCarb4Me2016 , really like stopping the word "only" when describing successes. A new goal to add, thanks.

And @slimzandra , a work café that serves cauliflower pizza crust? Wow!

Great to hear the results and efforts of everyone.

It sounds like you have a case of White Coat Hypertension.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Looks like we're all going strong!

I'm at twenty work bench push ups so far today. Going to aim for ten more.

I am going to lower fiber and raise protein, it's more satiating to me...the chia seeds only piss off my stomach....eggs and bacon, here I come!!!!

Hope you're all having a great day!
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Yup, one mile today and no gardening. Really hope the allergies let up tomorrow.
  • StacyChrz
    Options
    Off to bed after working most of the day with a migraine. I really wanted Thai food so I made peanut and coconut sauce and put it over shiritaki noodles for myself. I know that will make me feel so much better in the morning than if I had ordered Pad Thai from the local restaurant. It's a major comfort food for me.
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I gave my arms a break today and did some running instead. It's great to read what everybody else is doing. Keep it up!!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    5/4:
    43 min of cardioish
    Gym Class for the Kids: HASfit Foundation Day3
    And a HIIT finisher for Mommy: Jessica Smith's 150-Cal Cardio Fat Blast

I would just like to say, since this is a good place to do say such a thing...
    GOSH DARNIT ALL TO HALIFAX I'm tired of my body being a stupid doofus and holding onto these pounds! I bust my rear-end off every day just about. I'm getting a Charge HR2 so I can see what my calorie burn is really like. This is BS. :rage:
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    5/4 I was up and active for pretty much most of the day yesterday! I really like that new app Move Your App it works really well! My carbs and calories were good!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    For May, I have no specific goals since I've been tanking on all these challenges for months.
    What I'm going to try to do is seek my own internal motivation and inspiration everyday, and take some steps towards my goal whenever and however I am able.
    Maintenance has messed me up and my intial weight loss drive is long gone. I recognize that I need to stick in this subject like glue so my backsliding stops before I just give up.
    Baby steps...
    Today, I read an ebook on keto that refreshed my understanding of why and how it worked so well for me.
    Tomorrow, I'll be receiving some ketostix which always seemed to help me get started in keto. I stopped using them awhile back, and I know they have limited use, but they help me keep focused.
    So, ketostix it is.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    5/3: I did the Hammer & Chisel Hammer Conditioning workout. No housework.
    5/4: No workout or housework because we went to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2 after work. Great movie!
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Today is a rest day as I got very sore from my first day back doing level one of 30 day Shred. But I did take "before" pictures & measurements because when I get frustrated with this process, as I assume I will, I will need proof I have made strides. Everyone's progress pictures have been so inspiring & motivating!
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    My husband homeschools the kids so I feel guilty that he's spending so much quality time with them M-Th and I basically only see them 2 hours in the evenings (6pm - bedtime)

I am lucky to have 3 day weekends and we're very active on those days.

Very similar home situation. My husband works from home - kids go to public school- but he is there before/after school every day. I work 10 hour days M-Th (plus 40 min commute each way) and half days on Friday, so I'm home before they get home from school on Fridays - it feels like a 3 day weekend!

The main point is that the kids are well cared for and supervised. We do what works for our family. :smile:
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I had to cut my run today, too (2 miles instead of 3 at a fast pace). My 5K is a week from tomorrow so I'm a little concerned about my training being off.

I have a theory that my decrease in stamina/endurance correlates to my experimenting with more carbs (I've been gradually increasing calories to maintenance but kept macro ratios the same to see how that would go). I'm going to try to drop back to keto levels for a week to see if that makes a difference. Shame that I have a GNO tonight and my birthday tomorrow. :tongue:
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    My goal is starting next week...and that is to start reducing my reliance on artificial sweetners
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Still feeling under the weather so 1 mile and 7 push ups.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Only 6 miles so far but i bet i can make time this weekend for a long run so not sweating it. Did have some wine wed but passed on happy hour tonight so....that counts as a wash in my book. Lol. Carbs a bit higher this week than stated goal but mostly things are back on track. Woo!
  • StacyChrz
    Options
    I hit my activity/step goal today and my macros were in point, 76% fat, 20% protein and 4%carbs. I finished my day with a few calories left over and I feel great. Happy Friday!!
This discussion has been closed.