Motivated May 2017: Week 1 (5/1-5/7)

Options

Replies

• LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I finished out yesterday at 4.5 miles total. I did it in high winds coming off a cold front so now I'm sickish from allergies. I managed to get in 6 pushups this morning and my pedometer is on. I'm herbal news, I haven't been able to work on my little garden since the weekend but the mint I planted is holding up well, even with the high winds.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I ended up with twenty push ups, work bench style. Bob was all set and set me up a chair and table to steel wool a bunch of chrome, and I was like oh HELLS NO, so I set myself up at the bench so I could march in place, twist, squat etc.

My weight isn't dropping, but I'm really not very concerned with that. I'm mostly just trying to stay low carb. My carbs have been a little tiny bit higher a couple of days, around 25 net, but I think it's fine, especially with my activity levels increasing significantly over the past three weeks. My calories are at my normal losing average..around 1700. A bit high there, a bit lower there...but that's what worked when I was really in the zone, and I am back there!

I've set my goals up to lose 1.5 a week at lightly active. I don't log any household chores or normal walking, I've been logging half of my work hours, to cover any overestimation. I did take pictures.

I told Bob to get rid of the scale. I'm done with it. The scale shall rule me no longer.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    My goals for May:
    * Hoping to set a new 5K PR on 5/13 but we'll see. It's kind of ambitious since I haven't been running again for very long, but if I could at least beat my time from 4/8, that would be great. :)
    * After the race, I want to start doing YAYOG 3x/wk.
    * Stay in maintenance range! I've been logging pretty carefully at maintenance for over a month now. Not sure how much longer I'll log but I want to keep weighing in every day so I can do a quick course correction when needed. Historically I'm much better at losing weight than maintaining so I really want to work on that!
  • epixstudiosnh
    epixstudiosnh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My goal for this month is to lose another ten pounds by May 31st (lost 11 in April even after a week of vacation). I also want to do at least an hour of exercise a week (I HATE exercise and don't do it so I want to start introducing slowly). I just started LCHF at the beginning of April so I am still trying to figure out the right carb amounts and such.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    5/2

1. Home overhaul...Dropped some clothes off at Goodwill, cleaned up the kitchen and mopped.

2. Hammer & Chisel- Off day. Focused on serious house cleaning.

3. Continued weight maintenance...yep.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    5/2 Check In

Get to the gym 2x/week - This will not be happening this week. Sunday night I ended up with only 3 hours of sleep and 4am just isn't working. And the gym is by my work, an hour from home, so I can only go on work days.
    Hike 1x/week
    30 carbs net/day - 9 :)
    <1500 cals/day - :)
    No alcohol - :)

Daily I need to:
    Log - :)
    Drink water
    Brush my teeth immediately after dinner so I don't snack :)

• mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Looking back through some of my recent posts added via "smart" phone I think I'm adding a new goal. To learn to shut off the autocorrect. Or at least get one of my kids to do it.

@LowCarb4Me2016 my new phone hasn't learned me yet or i haven't learned it...whatever. Either way it's super embarrassing sometimes.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    @slimzandra I had a friend that would say every moment is a new moment. More than once chance a day to hit the reset! Go you!
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    Looking back through some of my recent posts added via "smart" phone I think I'm adding a new goal. To learn to shut off the autocorrect. Or at least get one of my kids to do it.

@LowCarb4Me2016 my new phone hasn't learned me yet or i haven't learned it...whatever. Either way it's super embarrassing sometimes.

Right? It would be ok if actually made something correct but when I type in week and it changes it to werk? That's not even a word.
  • Cadori
    Options

Right? It would be ok if actually made something correct but when I type in week and it changes it to werk? That's not even a word.

Is your phone German? Or a Kardashian?
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    I think that my IPhone died on me! It won't hold a charge. I can't do as well on the computer but I will try. I am focusing on moving more and will be setting an alarm every hour to get up and do something for at least 10 minutes every hour. It worked great yesterday. I was able to get a lot done by doing that. I even found myself working right through the hour once I got going. I think that this will help!
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »

Is your phone German? Or a Kardashian?

I hope its not Kardashian, lol! I could live with German.
  • Cadori
    Options
    nikoba wrote: »
    I need this challenge more than ever! I dunno what was going on, but I was SOOOPER lax and cheaty in April. I need to get my head back in the game! I need to get moving, I need to tighten up my eating, I need to treat May like it was day 1 rather than day 93.

I still have far too much weight to lose, not to mention, I need to somehow condition my brain to fully accept this way of eating forever and stop binging. So that's my general motivation and goal.

To be more specific:
    Finally bust out those exercise bands and weights and use them daily. I'm dogsitting for a week, but she has bands too, so no excuses.

Keep the total carbs below 50g...and no fitting in of sugar/bad carbs into said total.

Add sprints of jogging into my dog walks.

And for mental motivation...I'm going back to the no phone after 8pm and read my book before bed instead.

Woot Woot, let's do this!

@nikoba - sprint intervals did amazing things for my fitness/endurance. I need to get back to them too! Even better...uphill sprint intervals. They were terrible little great things.
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @Cadori That's good to know you felt/saw good results with that, makes me want to keep it up.

The past couple of walks with the dogs have gotten so pokey, as they are all sniffy sniffy with spring finally here...it didn't feel like much exercise for me. So I've started jogging when on the blocks with more trees to keep the pace up...given my hatred of running, this was kind of a big deal...but I could handle a block or two at a time.
  • Cadori
    Options
    nikoba wrote: »
    @Cadori That's good to know you felt/saw good results with that, makes me want to keep it up.

The past couple of walks with the dogs have gotten so pokey, as they are all sniffy sniffy with spring finally here...it didn't feel like much exercise for me. So I've started jogging when on the blocks with more trees to keep the pace up...given my hatred of running, this was kind of a big deal...but I could handle a block or two at a time.

Ack, I saw it as "Add sprints to my dog walking" sorry...I rambled based on that. I think any type of interval training where we up our game is awesome, way to go!!
This discussion has been closed.