Motivated May 2017: Week 1 (5/1-5/7)

Options

Replies

• christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Count me in with the "should have done better in April, time to tighten up the ship" group. :blush:

So, May is bike to work month. My goal is to bike to work 3 days a week and get my eating back to my desired macros.

Started on May 3, but better late than never!
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Checking in a bit early today, but I have accomplished goals:
    1. Did my Rosetta Stone learning bright and early this morning.
    2. Reacquainted myself with my olympic bar. Amazing how heavy it feels when you've ignored it for months.
    3. Getting ready in a few minutes to go get my walk in.
    4. Eating is on plan. Little less than usual because I just haven't been hungry, mixed with some upset tummy last night. But as ever, it will all balance out in the end.

So overall, I'm doing well and feeling good!

I love reading everybody's updates! Keep kicking *kitten*, friends!
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Little bit of progress. Was able to do two sets of 5 on the knee pushups. On the regular pushups I was able to lower myself down 3 times with good form. Could not push myself back up, though. For the chin-up bar I'm concentrating on being able to "hang" for 60 seconds. I think I managed maybe 15 seconds. Need to find my timer.

I'm hoping to find time tonight for a half hour of yoga. I'll try to see if I can find a youTube video of a relaxing one for bedtime.
  • my4andme333
    my4andme333 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Rode my stationary bike 10 miles.
    Got the yard raked, well front yard the back in a few acres and I wasn't up for it after the front lol
    Then I worked on my truck and played outside all day with the kiddos, I'm spent but feel great getting so much done, so glad the weather was nice today, snow yesterday 70 today, welcome to Michigan HAHA
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I did go to the Y for my training run today, but I had to cut it in half. Dealing with muscle weakness and shakiness today. Not sure if it's from accumulated sleep deprivation and/or an MS flare.

Then tonight I think I pulled a muscle in my abdomen?! Not sure but there was a bulge right by my rib cage, spasming/burning/tingling, and it is still a bit sore. That's happened several times in the past few months. Icing it and trying to take it easy. I'm having people over in the morning so I did a lot of cleaning today as well.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    I found a really cool app to motivate me to get up and do something for 10 minutes and it keeps track of stats for the day. You can see how active you are compared to sedentary in a time line. You program it to send a notice to move. The notices are humorous. It seems to be working.
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    What's the app, Fanncy?
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    What's the app, Fanncy?

Move Your App
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    I did go to the Y for my training run today, but I had to cut it in half. Dealing with muscle weakness and shakiness today. Not sure if it's from accumulated sleep deprivation and/or an MS flare.

Then tonight I think I pulled a muscle in my abdomen?! Not sure but there was a bulge right by my rib cage, spasming/burning/tingling, and it is still a bit sore. That's happened several times in the past few months. Icing it and trying to take it easy. I'm having people over in the morning so I did a lot of cleaning today as well.

Sorry about your muscle, hope you feel better.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I was right, I finished out yesterday with 1 mile. Today will probably be similar as the allergies are still crazy. Is sneezing an aerobic activity? Cause I think I'm trying to turn it in to a marathon. I did manage to get in 6 push ups.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a busy day so I knew I wasn't going to make it to the gym. I did keep my eating on plan and my macros were within range for my goals. I'm happy about that. I also managed to add some short spurts of walking and accrued 33 active minutes on the Fitbit and met my step goal for the Step Bet I am participating in. Pretty good for a 'rest' day!

Gym bag is packed and I'm ready to role tonight after work!!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    5/3 I am really loving my new app that I got on my phone that I can schedule to go off every 20 minutes to get up and move. I was very active yesterday!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    I did it mindlessly and out of the old habit of munching after dinner whilst having a patio drink with the neighbors while the kids run around.

So much this!! It's why brushing my teeth right after dinner and no alcohol are May challenges for me. Wine makes me want nuts or something snacky and I just don't *need* it.
  • irisheyes7177
    irisheyes7177 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My goals for May: (I just started keto on May 1)
    1. I have never lasted 30 legit days on a diet - ever. This is my main goal
    2. cardio dance class 3 x per week
    3. walk/hike 3 days per week
  • christineellis
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »

it's getting lighter earlier, I think even though I prefer to run in the evenings I need to start doing it in the AM. With school ending and 3 kids everything is getting crazier in the afternoons/evenings. I'm struggling to get runs in. I've always said I won't get up when it's dark and cold to do it but....it's neither dark nor cold so.....yeah. Morning workouts are in my future I do believe.

I have 3 kids too, and morning workouts are the only thing I can manage - or something that involves getting me to/from work, thus the bike challenge! I can't justify doing anything in the evening with dinners, homework and extra curricular activities...the life of a mom. :)
  • christineellis
    Options
    I'm loving Motivated May!!!
This discussion has been closed.