Replies

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    baconslave wrote: »
    5/4:
    43 min of cardioish
    Gym Class for the Kids: HASfit Foundation Day3
    And a HIIT finisher for Mommy: Jessica Smith's 150-Cal Cardio Fat Blast

I would just like to say, since this is a good place to do say such a thing...
    GOSH DARNIT ALL TO HALIFAX I'm tired of my body being a stupid doofus and holding onto these pounds! I bust my rear-end off every day just about. I'm getting a Charge HR2 so I can see what my calorie burn is really like. This is BS. :rage:

My word.
    :D
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    This morning I worked on my chin up (still just hanging). This evening I almost did one regular pushup. It was so close - got down and pushed myself back up, but very sloppy form on the way up with my middle section sagging. I followed that attempt with 2 sets of 5 knee-style ones.

In addition I just started a HIIT program for beginners. I'm starting off with 30 secs of high intensity and 60 secs rest/low intensity. For today I chose jumping jacks and resting. Tomorrow I think I'll try sprinting and walking.
  • my4andme333
    my4andme333 Posts: 140 Member
    No bike today but went grocery shopping and walked about a million miles carried in a truckload of groceries put everything away, I'm beat HAHA
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    5/4:
    43 min of cardioish

GOSH DARNIT ALL TO HALIFAX I'm tired of my body being a stupid doofus and holding onto these pounds! I bust my rear-end off every day just about. I'm getting a Charge HR2 so I can see what my calorie burn is really like. This is BS. :rage:

My word.

The rage is real. :lol:

5/5:
    Strength day. Jessica Smith's Strictly Strength AND Total Body Sculpting Time Saver:
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Got my 7 pushups in, making it 36 so far this month. I'm not tracking steps today. Today is about my brother-in-law making huge changes in turning his life around and getting married to a really great lady. I still plan to keep it low in carbs, though.
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    My goal is just to get 150 minutes of activity in every week! I recently started a job where I'm on my feet all day, so I know calorie-wise things will even out, but I'm hoping by going really hard for half an hour 5 days a week (or however it works out) will really amp up my results.
    I promise I'll actually keep checking in this month. I've been a slacker here the last few weeks. You're right, life gets in the way =p
    Ultimately I want to be able to squat 100 by the end of the month! That'll be my real reach goal, haha.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    5/5 when I wasn't driving which was six hours out of the day I got my exercise done and walking in. I am smashing my goal of getting up and being active most of the day. My carbs and calories were good! However, these last 5 pounds are not wanting to come off very easily at all!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    5/4:
    43 min of cardioish

My word.

The rage is real. :lol:

5/5:
    Strength day. Jessica Smith's Strictly Strength AND Total Body Sculpting Time Saver:

Oh and 7 chest-to-floor push ups. How did I forget that?
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    edited May 2017
    I got up and hit the gym this morning while my hubby and our girlfriend slept in. We went out to lunch and I made careful choices and finished the day with a beautiful steak and veggies on the grill. My protein is a bit higher than usual but I am still really happy overall.
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    edited May 2017
    Went for a 9 mile run/walk today. Was feeling sluggish and weak so ended up just walking the last 1-1/2 miles. Same weak feeling for my pushups today. Zero regular ones and one set of 5 knee push ups then only 3 on the next set. Did a little better on the chin up bar, pulling myself up to almost horizontal upper arms.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm planking, currently. It may not sound much, but I'm up to 50 seconds.
    I tell you, the damn thing is a killer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By57oI_w4OE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLZfDlNL2u4
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Fifteen miles this week✔

No alcohol sunday-thursday *cant lie had a glsss of wine wednesday*

Carbs under 35 *couple days around 40, not bad*

Overall I'm pleased.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    I have been doing fantastic with getting up and moving more. The weather helps when it is nice out and can get outside. My carbs and calories have been good. No loss this week but I do have only five more pounds to lose.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Went for a 9 mile run/walk today. Was feeling sluggish and weak so ended up just walking the last 1-1/2 miles. Same weak feeling for my pushups today. Zero regular ones and one set of 5 knee push ups then only 3 on the next set. Did a little better on the chin up bar, pulling myself up to almost horizontal upper arms.

How were your sodium and potassium yesterday? I like to make sure I have some chicken broth right before I work out if I'm going in the morning. The calories are low enough that it won't break your fast if you're doing IF but the sodium and often potassium are pretty good. I like Kitchen Basics Original Chicken Stock 420 mg sodium, 410 mg potassium and then I add a bit of sea salt. It does have 2 g carbs but I think it's worth it.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    1 mile, 10 pushups, check.
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    StacyChrz wrote: »

How were your sodium and potassium yesterday? I like to make sure I have some chicken broth right before I work out if I'm going in the morning. The calories are low enough that it won't break your fast if you're doing IF but the sodium and often potassium are pretty good. I like Kitchen Basics Original Chicken Stock 420 mg sodium, 410 mg potassium and then I add a bit of sea salt. It does have 2 g carbs but I think it's worth it.

When I go for the longer distances I supplement with SaltStick caps every half hour. I also had some carbs just before I started and then a couple of gel packs during. It's possible I need to up my sodium even more, although I eat pickles and bullion cubes and am generous with salting my foods. Also, I probably need to make up my mind about either adding in carbs or not. I seem to go back and forth on that which probably isn't helping. I'll check out that chicken stock you recommend. No problem with that amount of carbs. Thank you.
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    Felt much stronger today. Actually did 2 (not so pretty) regular pushups. Just a bit of sagging in the middle on each. Then did my usual 2 sets of 5 knee pushups. Started to do a couple more for a 3rd set but decided they were so sloppy and slow that they shouldn't count. Chin up bar same as yesterday. Someone mentioned planks. Might as well start adding that into my routine while I'm down on the floor. Wait, why not start now? Alright, hold on... okay, I'm back. I just planked for 20 Mississippi's. Was definitely shaking at the end.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    5/5: rest day
    5/6: big shopping day with my mom
    5/7: trail run

Need to get back on track with hammer and chisel this coming week.
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Well my 1st Shred in a while on Thursday did cause a 3 day cramp in my calf (which I massaged with magnesium oil) but I did the exercises again today (carefully) so I wouldn't wait so long that I'd be back at square one. It went fine today, plan to do it again Tuesday. 3 days a week or every other day is my goal, whichever works with my schedule. My weight did go up as expected as I'm sure my body is retaining water to help my achey muscles. Looking forward to things evening out again. Waiting on the next trend downward.
This discussion has been closed.