Motivated May 2017: Week 1 (5/1-5/7)

123457»

Replies

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    I was going to take today off and ended up working all day again. I'm going to need a day to lay on my *kitten*....really. I didn't do any push-ups, so that rested my arms and shoulders. A bit.

I'm pooped. :/
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    I hit my step goal again today and got 30 active minutes according to Fit bit. My hubby, who is not on Keto, made dinner tonight. Broiled steaks with just a little salt and pepper. Spinach sauteed with bacon and mushroom with extra butter on the side. I love him so much!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    5/6: Nothing, with a side of nothing. Busy day, cleaning, and fussing at kids to clean. Seething rage burns calories, right? :lol:
    5/7: Hour long yard stomp catching up on my NPR playlist.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    5/4-5/7 Check In

Get to the gym 2x/week - :(
    Hike 1x/week :)
    30 carbs net/day - Hit and miss, but never got over 60
    <1500 cals/day - :)
    No alcohol - :)

Daily I need to:
    Log -
    Drink water
    Brush my teeth immediately after dinner so I don't snack :)

All in all a great week! Today I leave for a business trip (Dallas), so we'll see how I do.

• TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    jwcsanders wrote: »
    Felt much stronger today. Actually did 2 (not so pretty) regular pushups. Just a bit of sagging in the middle on each. Then did my usual 2 sets of 5 knee pushups. Started to do a couple more for a 3rd set but decided they were so sloppy and slow that they shouldn't count. Chin up bar same as yesterday. Someone mentioned planks. Might as well start adding that into my routine while I'm down on the floor. Wait, why not start now? Alright, hold on... okay, I'm back. I just planked for 20 Mississippi's. Was definitely shaking at the end.

I attempted to do "real" pushups for the first time... well ever. I managed to do 4. I was pretty damn proud of myself.

That's great. :smile: Please realize, though, that some people need to modify their exercises for any number of reasons. That doesn't make it any less "real."
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Good morning Motivated Peeps! I feel like I had a real victory last night. I was on my way home at 9:30 pm after being out of the house since 8:00 am. Tired and not really satisfied with my dinner, I had to stop at the grocery store to pick up something for hubby's lunch today and wanted something sweet. In the recent past I would have gone straight to the cookies or chocolate or even ice cream and would have eaten it in secret in the car on the way home. Last night I bought a package of sugar free jello cups and grabbed a spoon from the salad bar. I took 1 cup from the package and put the rest in the back seat. I ate 1 and was satisfied. The artificial sweeteners and colors aren't the greatest but they are by far better for me than a pint of ice cream or a whole box of cookies.
  • baconslave
    jwcsanders wrote: »
    Felt much stronger today. Actually did 2 (not so pretty) regular pushups. Just a bit of sagging in the middle on each. Then did my usual 2 sets of 5 knee pushups. Started to do a couple more for a 3rd set but decided they were so sloppy and slow that they shouldn't count. Chin up bar same as yesterday. Someone mentioned planks. Might as well start adding that into my routine while I'm down on the floor. Wait, why not start now? Alright, hold on... okay, I'm back. I just planked for 20 Mississippi's. Was definitely shaking at the end.

I attempted to do "real" pushups for the first time... well ever. I managed to do 4. I was pretty damn proud of myself.

That's great. :smile: Please realize, though, that some people need to modify their exercises for any number of reasons. That doesn't make it any less "real."

I used to call them "man push-ups", until I started being able to do them. Now they are "full push-ups".
  • Lucille4444
    Lucille4444 Posts: 284 Member
    edited May 2017
    I am recently starting fasting/feasting weight loss using info from Dr. Fung, who is an endocrinologist with a website who talks a lot about weight loss, insulin, etc. I alternate fasting with days at maintenance or a little over.
    Next Saturday my son is visiting and I plan an epic low carb feast with home smoked ribs, sausage, and chicken with a side of creamed spinach made with sour cream and parmesan, and a salad.
    This alternating schedule of eating is so far working very well for me because during the fasts I plan the low carb feasts. And my large backyard grill/smoker is going to make this a meatavore May to remember.
    Today is a fast day. I'm doing stuff around the house, did a little weight lifting this morning.
  • baconslave
    Don't forget we're in the 2nd week now. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10552603/motivated-may-2017-week-2-5-8-5-14/p1?new=1

I'm going to close this thread now so we can keep the discussion going there so nobody's goals/updates accidentally get missed.
This discussion has been closed.