Motivated May 2017: Week 2 (5/8-5/14)

baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
Challenge blurb:
baconslave wrote: »
For some of us, M stands for "Meativore" this May. So what were the rest of us to do with ourselves? Manic May? Mediocre May? Naw! Life gets busy and throws nonsense in the way of our goals. Sometimes we just don't "feel it"? But at some point we were motivated, right? Well, this month we are going to mainline you motivation all month long. 31 days of focusing in, with eagle-sharp focus, on a goal.

It's up to you. Do you need a 30/31 challenge (30 minutes every one of the 31 days this month.) A push-up challenge? Further your fitness level? Tamp down on the basics? Just plain need accountability? That's why we are here.

There'll be a thread up in the sticky section with links to each week for easy access when/if the thread gets buried.

Get motivated to reach your goal for May. And when motivation wanes, come to this thread an lean on us. We want every single one of you to succeed.
Come on in and post your goals! Check-in as often as you want/need. We'll keep the light on for ya. :wink:

motivation.jpg

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    @baconslave thanks so much for taking such great care of us!
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Goals remain the same:

15 running miles a week
    no booze Sunday-Thursday
    under 35g Carbs daily

woo! Go May!
  • kfat1
    kfat1 Posts: 50 Member
    Starting week #2......lost six lbs week #1....so feel pretty motivated! Hoping for another good week. Week one I did countertop push ups, this week I am going to plank. Next week? We will see......
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Plopping my little list in here for ease...

5/ Check In

Get to the gym 2x/week
    Hike 1x/week
    30 carbs net/day
    <1500 cals/day
    No alcohol

Daily I need to:
    Log
    Drink water
    Brush my teeth immediately after dinner so I don't snack

• baconslave
    1eed78fpkwip.jpg
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    I finished out week one with 12 miles and 45 pushups. Not much in the gardening because of weather and allergies but this week is looking better on both accounts.

Goals are a minimum of 1 mile per day (but more than that as often as possible) and to continue my push up challenge.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    My goal for the month of May are still the same!
    Move more and sit less!
    Stay within carbs and calories!
    Lose my last 5 pounds!

I know we can do this!

• sweeteakate
    sweeteakate Posts: 11 Member
    Goals for the week:
    1. Go to the gym every morning
    2. Eat keto daily and stay under 35 carbs
    3. Drink 4 of my giant water bottles daily
    4. Lose another 3 lbs this week (lost 4 last week)
    5. Get my last paper turned in for the semester
    6. No alcohol
  • baconslave
    5/8:
    45 min of Strength: BodyFit by Amy, 15min KB Arms, 15min KB Legs, and 15min KB Core (which is still a bunch of dang arms). Used the 25lb for 2-arm work, 15lb for singles. Except for rows and overhead windmills when I used 20lb.

Might get a yard-hike in as well. We shall see what happens. The kids are being evil squirrels about school today.

• mmultanen
    (My goal ANY week is to survive the nerks who insist I'm doing myself harm, I will miss carbs, I will relapse, or I am just plain lying about not eating them. He who laughs last.... ;)

is a nerk a cross between a nerd and a jerk? Cause if so, I'm adding this term to my vocabulary!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    yeah, you could say that....! :D
  • mmultanen
    omg. I love it.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    10 pushups and 5.25 miles in today.
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    Tried something a little different today with my chin up attempt. Instead of trying to pull myself up, I used a step ladder to get into a chin up position first and lowered myself down as slowly as I could, and repeated 2 more times. I believe that's called a negative chin up, not sure.

For my knee push ups I did 3 full sets of 5. The last one or two were a bit shaky, but was able to maintain form. Before that I tried to do a full push up but couldn't get myself back up today. Next time I might try going just half way down. And build up from there.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    5/8: chisel endurance work out. No housework.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    I am back after my (planned) indulgent birthday weekend.
    Experimenting with dropping back to keto levels to see if that helps with my recent drop in energy and stamina.
    Did well today in that regard and also did my PT/strength exercises.
  • mmultanen
    5.18 miles for the week already (my running week is M-S) Off to a good start.

Talked last month...week...sometime?!?!? about running in the mornings. I did yesterday and today and admittedly it's nice to have it out of the way. I still hate running first thing though. I much prefer to do it after work, before dinner but sheesh that's a hard schedule to accomplish these days. So as it's lightening earlier and warming up I'm trying this morning run thing.