Things I have learned during 4 years of Keto

Options

Replies

• genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I miss your old name though I always thought it was pretty cool :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm clearly not very bright, because I can't figure out what you user name used to be, :p but GREAT post.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Love this post! I agree with each and every point. I have been following some version of LCHF over the last 4-5 years. It is the WOE I need to live by. Each time I have allowed myself to add more carbs has been a slippery slope to eating binges and weight gain. Number 22 and 23 are so true for me. This WOE, is not about will power, it's not even part of the equation, LCHF has just stopped my hunger and cravings completely. It is something that still amazes me each day and especially on those special occasion times where lots of carb laden foods are abundant. They have no control over me.

Over the 4 or so years following this WOE, I had thought I could reintroduce a more "normal" way of eating. Adding a tortilla here or a burger on a actual bun there, but it eventually results in a binge. Not right away but it eventually comes. It unfortunately has taken me several trial and error attempts to understand this about myself. I know now my normal IS LCHF!!

I must have missed your long LC history. Thanks for the insights!
  • PaulaJSchiller
    PaulaJSchiller Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    I must have missed your long LC history. Thanks for the insights!

I've mentioned it here and there. I only recently found these boards so I don't have much history here. I mostly refer to my most recent time back at this WOE. I'm a slow learner I guess so it's been several trial and error attempts. I have learned something about myself each time so I look at it as positive!
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm clearly not very bright, because I can't figure out what you user name used to be, :p but GREAT post.

Same... no clue
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Great post and all true!!
  • EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It's fantastic to learn something new almost each day by helpful people like you. Thanks.
  • debisjazz
    debisjazz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your insights! Just getting started here with LC, and I'm loving it. Hoping to avoid too many pitfalls by learning from the experience of others. :smile:
  • MeghanC1840
    MeghanC1840 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post!! How would you guys begin your Keto profile?? I'm new and not sure I'm doing things correctly?? Thanks in advance!!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Great collection of insights!
  • ISparkyI
    ISparkyI Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Incredible post, and it's enjoyable to see such a detailed insight. Thankyou
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many net carbs you eat a day.
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know also.
  • pagano606
    pagano606 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    So glad this post was bumped. If anyone is questioning every minute detail of what you're currently doing it might serve you well to read the original post. @DietPrada hasn't been around for a while but she is one person I am confident is doing quite well. At least I certainly hope so. I'd say there is a high probability. <3
  • Tnvolfan10
    Tnvolfan10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! OP nailed this...great insights