awesome. can't wait to be 4 years in.
  • Shaydayglam
    Shaydayglam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Please add me I need keto support !!!
  • DrawnToScale
    DrawnToScale Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post - thanks for sharing. For me, this is worth saving to my "motivation" folder!
  • RechaelAndrea
    RechaelAndrea Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! Needed to hear all of this! <3
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I am at 14 months and working on it. I have to say I have been very content with this WOE.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Great OP.
    #12 don't need to do keto if you don't have a medical condition. I'm in that category (no medical condition) and I like carbs so i try to get some benefits of keto style eating and still have some carbs. I will try to just have carbs after a dinner and that is all. Then if I have a sugar crash, it is ok because I'm going to bed anyways. If I'm eating multiple meals in the day, my earlier meals will be keto style (I do 20:4 IF to lose weight and 16:8 while in maintenance mode). That helps me to not be on the sugar roller coaster and keeps the calories down!

I have issues with the advice to track and count everything though. That is a tool. Calories can also be kept in check without counting if some kind of proportion control is used. It isn't all that accurate but if the scale isn't going up and is staying even or going down, who cares! I started my IF diet 27 months ago and have lost 54-lbs and am just a couple of lbs off my lowest weight since starting. I did count the first couple of months but not since. It hasn't been necessary for me and that is great because it takes a lot of time to do that. Counting and tracking is worth it though if that is what it takes to keep the calories down, just saying there are other strategies for accomplishing the same thing that are a lot less time consuming.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I just started Keto with my husband. Love it so far but it is confusing to the brain after all the crap you have been told for years is false. I really needed to read this today. Im going to print it off and make my husband read it tonight. Thank you.

What is it with this influx of Patriots fans? just kidding. :p

Carry on with the greatness of the original post.
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    DietPrada wrote: »
    Good to see this post still helping people. Nearly 5 years in and I stand by all of these points. I do agree that some people don’t need to weigh and track everything, but most people - those who have been long term overweight and can’t intuitively know what’s “enough” will struggle to simply eyeball portions and lose weight. This is especially true when you get close to goal and need to eat less to lose.

I gained 5kg over Xmas, but I’m back to low carb now, and back at the gym. No gaining it all back here :)

It is an excellent post and should maybe be in the stickies! Also love that you gained over Christmas but you are back at it: that's the issue for many people, 'I gained therefore I will give up!' Gaining is just a blip, it's only more than that if you allow it to be.

It's already in Open Threads.
    If we get too many stickies at the top of the group, the 1st page of posts shrinks by a lot keeping discussions from being visible as readily. And it's messy. So...
    For anyone reading, if you are looking for a topic, 98% of the time you'll find a thread in Open Threads about it. The other 2% look at the FAQs and General LC info and the Recipe library in the LaunchPad sticky.

Thanks!! Me showing that I'm newish and don't know my way around!
  • dynosaur
    dynosaur Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love #18
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. Although i disagree about the will power part. It does exist, it's called the prefrontal cortex and most of us are using it wrong. I suggest anyone struggling with a habbit change read "Will Power Instinct " by Kelly McGonigal.

You will probably realize that you're psyching yourself out more often than not.
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @DietPrada I've been away since the spring and just saw this great post. Much appreciated as it's a great document to go to sometimes to get motivated.

BPC helped me so much and it's how I get back on track. I have concerns with cholesterol as well. I wonder if you have found anything that has a similar effect. I can't imagine olive or avocado oil in my coffee. And would really rather use the butter later on in the day or you know more cheese.
  • nanannrn330
    nanannrn330 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I was feeling a little discouraged.