June Accountability and Weigh-In

Options

Replies

• xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is my first time posting in a thread such as this one so I hope I can show some results by the end of June! May was not a good month as I was away for a 2-week holiday with my boyfriend and I put on a bit of weight which I am shredding off now. So my starting weight this month (as of 1st June) is slightly higher than I would've liked:

Height 1.74/5'7
    HW 67kg/147.7
    SW June 63.05kg/139
    GW June 60.50kg/133.4
    Ideal weight 58-59.50kg

I want to be realistic with my goal so that I won't get discouraged if weight loss is slow: I've been at this weight before and for me, these last stubborn kgs are -extremely- hard to lose and I usually lose my motivation before the weight!
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    5'10.
    Highest Weight: 220lbs.
    Start Weight: 212lbs
    Current weight: 146.8lbs
    Ultimate goal: 145lbs
    June Goal: Fat loss. 1-2% hopefully.

31st May: 147.4 (for reference)
    3rd June: 146.8 (after Chinese takeout)
    7th June:
    14th June:
    21st June:
    28th June:

I figured I'd just weigh in, log my weight and get it over with so we can see June's progress. Waiting till June 7th for my first weigh in of the month seemed too long. Plus I had an entire container of beef chow mein last night and chip shop chips so it not going to be a super accurate weigh in. :lol:
  • lagoscarrie
    lagoscarrie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I'd like to get a little accountability! I have been coasting for two months now after a big performance in March. (Icecream! Champagne! Pizza!) This morning I hit my "do something or else" number: 130. So I am back on the board, working to get back to where I feel good-- about 10 pounds down, or 120. I don't expect to get there in June, but let's see what I can do!

June 3: 130.0
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    SW: 160 (Sept, 1 month postpartum)
    GW: 135 (pre pregnancy)
    June GW: 143
    Height: 5'6''

May 27th: 146.5
    June 3rd: 147.5 (TOM, think it's water weight)
    June 10th:
    June 17th:
    June 24:
  • rositsky
    rositsky Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    5'3" (on a good day).
    HW: 140lbs.
    Start Weight: 138lbs
    Current weight: 138lbs
    Ultimate goal: 127lbs
    June Goal: -5 lbs

3rd June: 137.7
    7th June:
    14th June:
    21st June:
    28th June:

I'm lifting weights once a week and running a few times a week, with a few other workouts sprinkled in here and there. I know I'm gaining a bit of muscle, so weight loss might be extra tough. My clothes aren't comfortable (don't want to buy new ones) and I really just want to slim down a bit.
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    June 3rd: 147.5 (TOM, think it's water weight)
    Just check you aren't eating a little more than normal @LisaTcan. Without fail I get both terribly snacky and a bit lethargic for a few days, which is never good for the number on the scales.
  • janeml
    janeml Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    5'3"
    Weight: 116lbs
    Target: 108lbs

Do you guys have Fitbit Aria? or Omron Body Fat analyzer? The differences in body fat % between the 2 is 10%. I don't know which one is accurate.
  • rianneonamission
    Options
    Hard to tell. I have non branded scales with a BF% measuring feature and it sends a current up one leg which comes down the other, so it doesn't necessarily reflect your full body.

From what I understand the only way to get an accurate reading is to let a trained professional pinch various parts of you with calipers.
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Name: Phoebe
    Height: 5'3"ish
    Start weight: 195
    Goal weight: Heck if I know. My spreadsheet is calculating time to 130, so we'll go with that for the time being. That's likely sometime in 2018.

Average weight recorded from January: 155.9
    Average weight recorded from February: 153.5
    Average weight recorded from March: 151.8
    Average weight recorded from April: 150.4
    Average weight recorded from May: 147.1

Week of...
    28th May (for reference): 145.6 by scale, 145.1 by trend
    4th June: 145.6 by scale, 145.2 by trend
    11th June:
    18th June:
    25th June:

Success/struggles of the week: Last month, I lost more than I'd earned, so this month is more likely to be one where I lose less than I earn. Also, this last week has been a high exercise week (~350 calories per day), which makes it more likely that my NEAT has dropped some to compensate. Even knowing that, I still find it frustrating!
  • janeml
    janeml Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hard to tell. I have non branded scales with a BF% measuring feature and it sends a current up one leg which comes down the other, so it doesn't necessarily reflect your full body.

From what I understand the only way to get an accurate reading is to let a trained professional pinch various parts of you with calipers.

Yeah, that's what people keep telling me too. It's so expensive though! My omron keeps telling me my body fat % is 31-32%. That seems high for my weight and height... my Fitbit aria tells me my body fat % is ~23%. Maybe I'll go w/ the average! :) Probably feels about right!
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    janeml wrote: »

Yeah, that's what people keep telling me too. It's so expensive though! My omron keeps telling me my body fat % is 31-32%. That seems high for my weight and height... my Fitbit aria tells me my body fat % is ~23%. Maybe I'll go w/ the average! :) Probably feels about right!

I use weight watchers scales which do the current thing too, my body fat is around 29% according to them which I really want to get down.
  • rianneonamission
    Options
    You are right, it is expensive. I'd pick one, because although it might not reflect your full body fat, it will show whether you are losing body fat.

Is your Omron just a scale? Given your height and weight, I would imagine your Aria is more accurate. My BMI (this morning) is much higher than yours at 24.5, and my BF% according to the scales is 27.7%.
  • koirakoira
    koirakoira Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    koirakoira wrote: »
    Count me in!

Height 5'4

SW: 142.5
    GW June: 137

Jun 02:142.3
    Jun 04:141.1
  • koirakoira
    Options
    Silly question - Can we edit our own posts? I would like to just add weigh-ins to my original post than posting a new one every week.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    koirakoira wrote: »
    Silly question - Can we edit our own posts? I would like to just add weigh-ins to my original post than posting a new one every week.

No, you can only edit for an hour after you post it. I just copy and paste each week and add the new weight.
  • lagoscarrie
    lagoscarrie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am not paying someone to pinch me with calipers -- and that is final! LOL
  • koirakoira
    Options
    Thanks @LisaTcan for the reply. So won't be able to save some ink, so to speak.
  • 2tall4thisworld
    2tall4thisworld Posts: 123 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hello! I've been logging my food and workouts now for over 40 days! However, I haven't lost any weight, because I continue to over eat.

Losing 2lbs a week is a bit of a stretch for me. I think if I can lose 1.5 lbs a week that would be a huge improvement. Starting the logging process today!

Oh and I'm 5'10"

June 5th- 180.1lbs
    June 9th-
    June 12th-
    June 16th-
    June 19th-
    June 23rd-
    June 26th-
    June 30th-

Goal 175.6
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hello! I've been logging my food and workouts now for over 40 days! However, I haven't lost any weight, because I continue to over eat.

Losing 2lbs a week is a bit of a stretch for me. I think if I can lose 1.5 lbs a week that would be a huge improvement. Starting the logging process today!

Oh and I'm 5'10"

June 5th- 180.1lbs
    June 9th-
    June 12th-
    June 16th-
    June 19th-
    June 23rd-
    June 26th-
    June 30th-

Goal 175.6

With only a little to lose you should be/trying to aiming for 0.5/1lb a week loss. Why? Because on one level, too high a deficit means your body will cannabalise muscle to keep up with that rate of deficit, particularly if you're low on daily protein, and on the other, it's not a good way to live. I'm the same height as you and I rarely go below 1600 and that's on days where I just move from the sofa to the fridge. You have to feed your body for it to do the work it needs to do to lose weight. You wouldn't force a car to run on little to no fuel, would you?

Overeating isn't a sign that you're weak willed, it's a sign your body needs more nutrients. :heart:

For the BF scale discussion

I know my body fat isn't as high as 27.8% which is what my scale tells me it is, it's actually 21.8%, so I just use it as a base line, i.e. When I started I was '50.3%' body fat - I know, scary, right? - and now at '27.8', I know I've lost 22.5% body fat regardless of what the number itself is. So even if you feel that your scale is inaccurate in that respect, it can still be useful information.
  • mekaerwin1
    mekaerwin1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    @2tall4thisworld Just a little suggestion, I was having that same problem until I started cutting carbs. I add 1-2 cups of raw spinach to my lunch and dinner. It makes me fill up quicker and stay full longer. I'm having trouble with meeting my caloric needs this way, but I'm dropping like crazy now. (It's only been 2 weeks, but I went a whole year at the same weight of 140- 143.) If spinach isn't your thing, then choose some other sort of low calorie/ carb leafy vegetable. Hope this helps, because I really understand the frustration.