Your latest favorite LCHF foods and finds?

Options
macchiatto
macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
I recently tried Pasta Zero for the first time and really liked it! I made a chicken-veggie fried noodles recipe that was a little random, but the noodles themselves were good. Next time I'll find a real recipe to use. ;)

What have the rest of you discovered/been liking lately?

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I love using those for stir-fry!

Lately I tried some Trader Joe's parsnip chips and really liked them. However I am 3 hours from Trader Joe's so I need to stock up next trip.

These are a little higher carb than I usually like but I really like the Birch Benders Paleo pancake and waffle mix.
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    The Quest protien chips. They're growing on me. I still can't figure out how they make a potato chip looking product out of milk protien?! The BBQ is not bad tho. Very crunchy.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Pimento cheese with pork rinds.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    bametels wrote: »

This has been a staple for me all through meativore May.
  • cstehansen
    Options
    Ghee. I kept hearing about it so I bought some and realized there is almost nothing that doesn't taste better cooked in ghee.
  • bametels
    Options
    @cstehansen
    cstehansen wrote: »

I think it was you who posted about this and gave me the idea to try it. I LOVE pimento cheese and love the crunch of pork rinds - but the taste not so much. The two together, so yummy!

One challenge though has been trying to find a pimento cheese that is not full of all kinds of additives. Do you know of any? I may have to see if I can find a recipe online so I can make it myself. I particularly love jalapeno pimento cheese and recently bought pepper jack pimento cheese - the only danger is that they are easy to overeat!

• Spirit_Goose
    Spirit_Goose Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like the Simple Mills Muffin Mixes. 12 net carbs for a pumpkin muffin? Much better than your standard muffin. They're super moist. You won't miss conventional flour muffins. I recommend sticking to one a day though.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @cstehansen

I think it was you who posted about this and gave me the idea to try it. I LOVE pimento cheese and love the crunch of pork rinds - but the taste not so much. The two together, so yummy!

One challenge though has been trying to find a pimento cheese that is not full of all kinds of additives. Do you know of any? I may have to see if I can find a recipe online so I can make it myself. I particularly love jalapeno pimento cheese and recently bought pepper jack pimento cheese - the only danger is that they are easy to overeat!

Make your own. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/189930/southern-pimento-cheese/
    Its super easy, and you have control over the types of cheeses you put in. Sometimes I add diced jalapenos, or bacon, or smoked gouda....on and on. Don't want to use store bought mayo? Make your own.....again super easy, and you get to choose whether its whole egg or yolk only, the type of oil, etc.
  • cstehansen
    Options
    @cstehansen

Funny you mention jalapeño pimento cheese because that is my preference as well. This is the brand I use. It lists 0 carbs which we all know it means less than 1. Best I have found.

hdwca42vcnn8.jpg

I usually get it at Sam's, but found it here on vacation at Myrtle Beach at the Food Lion.
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    While searching for dill pickles, I came across these:
    Mt. Olive Pickle Company - No Sugar Added Sweet Gherkins
    I've never been a fan of sweet pickles, but these are really good. I chop a few up into whatever random weird dinner I've concocted for myself. My other half has discovered the jar and is munching on them too....need a larger jar. :D
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    My favorites: avocados and black soybeans. If you eat soy, check out black soybeans. They are the perfect food, IMHO.
    http://www.fooducate.com/app#!page=product&id=7EFCA542-E107-11DF-A102-FEFD45A4D471

And lately those damned cello crisps from Costco.
  • bametels
    Options
    @nill4me

[/quote]

Its super easy, and you have control over the types of cheeses you put in. Sometimes I add diced jalapenos, or bacon, or smoked gouda....on and on. Don't want to use store bought mayo? Make your own.....again super easy, and you get to choose whether its whole egg or yolk only, the type of oil, etc.
    [/quote]

Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. I will definitely try making it!

• bametels
    Options

[/quote]

Funny you mention jalapeño pimento cheese because that is my preference as well. This is the brand I use. It lists 0 carbs which we all know it means less than 1. Best I have found.

hdwca42vcnn8.jpg

I usually get it at Sam's, but found it here on vacation at Myrtle Beach at the Food Lion. [/quote]

@cstehansen - Thanks for sharing this information. I live in the Research Triangle area of NC. They sell this brand by me but like the others sold in this area there are lots of additives that I would prefer to avoid. I'm going to try making my own and see how it comes out.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I live in SC. I need to figure out where to buy good pimento cheese in my area. It's somewhat common at restaurants on burgers. Yum!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Ghee. I kept hearing about it so I bought some and realized there is almost nothing that doesn't taste better cooked in ghee.

It's actually cheaper if you make your own... and if you have a rice cooker, or a slow cooker (crockpot) then it's the easiest thing in the world, ever, bar none, to make....
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options

hdwca42vcnn8.jpg

I get the regular (non-jalapeno) version of this at Sam's and have to restrain myself from adding it to just about everything.

• MrsSherriff042316
    MrsSherriff042316 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    I live in SC. I need to figure out where to buy good pimento cheese in my area. It's somewhat common at restaurants on burgers. Yum!

Honestly I work at Zoes kitchen and our pimento cheese definitely has a kick of heat, but I can tell you it is only made with four ingredients. No additives.
  • catincradel
    catincradel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The Pawley's Island Pimento cheese is sold at Costco and Harris Teeter in North Carolina and I would check those stores in South Carolina too.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. I will definitely try making it!

[/quote]

@bametels

Please do....and experiment. Thats what makes it such fun!!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    What the heck is pimento cheese?? Is it kinda like a queso blanco dip or spread?