Your latest favorite LCHF foods and finds?

2»

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    RalfLott wrote: »
    macchiatto wrote: »
    Speaking of mayo, I was horrified to look up pimento cheese recipes and discover that stuff contains mayo. (I have a deep-seated, life-long hatred of the stuff.)

Were you initially tainted through a vile "Miracle" Whip experience?

No but I hated it as a little kid and my grandmother would make all these dishes with mayonnaise. My parents would threaten to spank me if I refused to eat them, and I would choose to get spanked instead because they grossed me out so much.
    Way to cement a lifelong loathing of mayo, Mom and Dad. :tongue:
  • fittermon
    fittermon Posts: 10 Member
    Atkins peanut butter cups have saved me from several near-disasters over the past few weeks as I've endured graduation parties and some stress that would have sent me to DQ.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Speaking of mayo, I was horrified to look up pimento cheese recipes and discover that stuff contains mayo. (I have a deep-seated, life-long hatred of the stuff.)

No but I hated it as a little kid and my grandmother would make all these dishes with mayonnaise. My parents would threaten to spank me if I refused to eat them, and I would choose to get spanked instead because they grossed me out so much.

I get what you are saying. However, there are several foods that I found detestable as a youth that are now frequently on my plate by my choice. Taste buds change over time. The harder part to get over is the insistence of parents to eat stuff. That is one of the difficulties I face as a parent now of walking that fine line between making sure my daughter at least tries new foods and eats in a healthful manner while not forcing things to the point that it becomes a life long aversion to a food or to trying new things.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited June 2017
    cstehansen wrote: »

I get what you are saying. However, there are several foods that I found detestable as a youth that are now frequently on my plate by my choice. Taste buds change over time. The harder part to get over is the insistence of parents to eat stuff. That is one of the difficulties I face as a parent now of walking that fine line between making sure my daughter at least tries new foods and eats in a healthful manner while not forcing things to the point that it becomes a life long aversion to a food or to trying new things.

Oh yeah, I have loads of foods I hated as a kid that I now enjoy.
    Mayo is the one I still find repulsive though. The smell, the taste, the look of it; it just grosses me out.

And yeah, I have 8y/o twins and face the same balance. :) One of them has some special needs and had feeding therapy for 6 months as a preschooler. That actually ended up being helpful for both twins, and for me in figuring out good strategies to use with them both!
  • 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    Dannon Oikos triple zero Greek yogurt. Sweetened with stevia. Wishing they didn't take all the fat out, but it is yummy 14 total carbs with 6 of fiber. Tastes good enough to be a desert.