Dr. Joel it in June

Options
124»

Replies

• whats_her_name
    whats_her_name Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I love that she hauls kitten. :wink: That made me laugh...

Also I would probably throw over fresh strawberries just so I could watch that...
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,952 Member
    Options
    LOL, Carla… I was thinking the same thing about yoga, definitely remember being more flexible! I see that MFP is censoring you and can guess that “kitten” was originally *kitten*. Too bad you didn’t get video of the great chicken chase. I had been drinking ginger turmeric tea, supposed to be great for inflammation and all kinds of things. I should get back to that.

Another good ETL day! Breakfast was leftover steamed broccoli and some watermelon. Lunch a big salad with romaine, steamed broccoli and cauliflower, homemade oil-free hummus. Dinner I am not sure yet, probably the last of the leftover broccoli and cauliflower with some “cheezy chickpeas”. This came up on the E2 group on FB and everyone has been raving about it so I’ve been meaning to try it. Super simple.

Bought some tofu today and planning a tofu scramble for breakfast with oil-free oven roasted potatoes. I was going to try to keep up my no starchy carbs thing through the weekend, but I want potato! I'm not going to the office tomorrow. I'm crispy fried burned out.

Cheezy chickpeas… throw in a pot…
    1 can chickpeas (with liquid, not drained)
    1/2 cup nutritional yeast
    splash of Bragg’s aminos (I don’t have any so will just use low-sodium soy sauce)
    1 T whole wheat flour to thicken

Bring to a boil, then turn off heat and let it cool until thick and “cheesy”. Top with seasonings as desired. I’m thinking some cayenne and fresh parsley.
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Happy Canada Day!

We probably had a video of the whole strawberry chicken incident. I looked through our footage for too long, and Joe did too. If we'd have thought of it the day it happened or the day after, we'd at least know the exact day to look for the vid. When it is windy outside, the footage is almost non-stop, but in little 20 second segments so you have to click and look at each one individually.

Yesterday I had my usual smoothie for breakfast, but tossed in a whole kiwi. Not the best. Those little seeds just slip down when you're eating it whole but blended was another story. Lunch was tu-no salad on salad again. Loving that recipe. For dinner, we had a black bean chili with lots of veggies, and I put that over some greens and had it with half an avocado. I had a cup or so of cherries between lunch and dinner to tide me over.

How did the cheesy chickpeas turn out, Mihani?