Ryback's Rebound and Recovery Journey

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Take away the York and the Tic Tacs and I would eat it all in one day!!! :p I would also eat that salad even though I've still never tried avocado :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Those look good (the cookies) but I have seriously lost a lot of my sweet tooth since being on this diet. I still eat everything but not nearly as much.
  • Brendalea69
    edited June 2017
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Those look good (the cookies) but I have seriously lost a lot of my sweet tooth since being on this diet. I still eat everything but not nearly as much.

I haven't lost my sweet tooth and I doubt that I ever will :p
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Take away the York and the Tic Tacs and I would eat it all in one day!!! :p I would also eat that salad even though I've still never tried avocado :)

Brenda! You should totally try avocado... my family doesn't like it so I didn't try it until I got older and now it is literally my favorite food LOL give it a shot!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    I'm no avocado fan, Brenda. You're fine.

lol
  • Brendalea69
    edited June 2017
    Oh no, do I try it or not?!?!?! :#
    Maybe someday ;)
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Maybe someday ;)

Come on now, I tried some nasty *kitten* Marmite when in England... you can brave an avocado! You kicked off 60 some pounds from your bod, so I know you can do it. Even a baby step, like adding a few chunks to a taco or something. :)

• Brendalea69
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Maybe someday ;)

Come on now, I tried some nasty *kitten* Marmite when in England... you can brave an avocado! You kicked off 60 some pounds from your bod, so I know you can do it. Even a baby step, like adding a few chunks to a taco or something. :)

Maybe if someone is eating one I will try some of theirs :#:D
  • wsandy8512
    edited June 2017
    :D You're killing me.
  • blambo61
    Rule in my house is everyone has to take a bite of everything. You don't have to swallow it but you have to try it!

I'm fairly brave eating-wise and will try most anything (I don't do animal guts and such although I've tried those in the past too).

I love avocados and will eat them plain! Guacamole is awesome also!
  • OmadRyback
    OmadRyback Posts: 45 Member
    New interesting fact about avocados they are great for cleaning the liver! Any food that will help the liver out is a must because a healthy liver equals more fat loss and less agging. I'm 33 and I already have gray hair. From my research eating foods that can help the liver run better will help slow down the aging process.

Love guacamole! When I was younger I ate the heck out of seven layers from the bell because of the guacamole. lol

Seven layer quacamole dip is awesome as well!
  • Brendalea69
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Rule in my house is everyone has to take a bite of everything. You don't have to swallow it but you have to try it!

I'm fairly brave eating-wise and will try most anything (I don't do animal guts and such although I've tried those in the past too).

I love avocados and will eat them plain! Guacamole is awesome also!

If it was in my house I would try it but it's not so that's my excuse :D:p
  • wsandy8512
    edited June 2017
    ^^Anti-avocado force strong in this one, is! :D
  • OmadRyback
    ^^ ok then lets talk about anchovies! haha kidding I did hear though that they are the least toxic fish out there. I would have to cut the heads off them and cook them well done though xD
  • OmadRyback
    learned that shark, swordfish, and talopia are all very full of toxins such as mercury as well as other toxins. Shark are toxic because they are at the top of the food chain and eat other fish consuming their toxins. Talopia are toxic because the way they are raised. Fresh caught Alaskan salmon are great for you to eat. Its best to get your omega fish oils through fish rather than the supplement form. Some brands of fish oils are hard for the body to digest all the way. Just what I've heard over the grape fine. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :)
  • wsandy8512
    I just watched "What the Health?" on Netflix the other day and they discussed this very subject, though I don't think sharks were mentioned.

I've tried anchovies, icky! My husband loves them though. Years ago, I ordered a large pizza with half anchioves to surprise him. Big mistake! So yeah, I now surprise him with his own pizza with those on it so the anchovies don't stink up even the pieces without it. Lol
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Avocados rock!!
  • blambo61
    If tuna has bad stuff in it, I've got problems. When I lived in California, I used to go tuna fishing and I would eat that stuff for months straight every day for lunch and a couple times for dinner. Barbeque or deep fried tuna is awesome!
  • OmadRyback
    I would think that you would be safe with that type of tuna. The tuna I was thinking of was the store bought kind in a can.
  • OmadRyback
    Just want to give an update on my journey thus far. I know its been almost a month since my last post. A week ago I've found a good deal on a scale that could possibly weigh me. For 30 bucks I thought why not plus its the same exact scale I've had in the past and thus I knew how to operate it right out of the box. I order it on the weekend and had it delivered on a Wednesday. Very excited to step on it to see if it would weigh me. Was not sure if it would weigh me just yet as the max it would weigh is 550 pounds and starting out at 600 plus I was not exactly sure I had lost that much weight in my first 50 days. I was honestly expecting for the scale to read error, however, to my surprise I was weigh under 550 weighing in at 511! My first 52 days on the program I had lost 89 pounds even without exercise just omad! One meal a day has been the most effect weight loss strategy of my life. It was not like I was depriving myself. I eat between 1500 to 3000 calories a day and eat till I was full. Friday i'm weighing again and if you don't believe my results I can take a picture of the weight on the scale. I honestly was not expecting quick weight loss at first due to the fact that my calories was to high to create that big of a deficit. I did not expect the real weight loss till 90 days in. I'm glad I made the decision to buy the scale!