Replies

• grillinginthenameof
    grillinginthenameof Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Fathead pizza has been one of my saving graces
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Holy mother of pearl. Made the chicken crust pizza. Game changer, friends! So good! And so filling! I intended to eat all of it but could only eat half. I love that I can actually pick up each slice to eat. I'm including a pic of the macros for the whole pizza. f7ga0th7wu9f.jpgmsxslx44guav.png
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    That looks SO good! We've got a cool down in our local temperatures the next couple of days so I'm hoping to try this recipe out soon. I love Fat Head pizza but one can never have too many good pizza options. :smile:
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    eyd1bdjdhpr4.jpg

Once in a while I crave pizza too, so I use these for a crust (total frankenfood, I know...and it has wheat fiber) but it's only like once or twice a month (they seriously last forever on the shelf, but I keep them in the fridge and buy in bulk when they go on sale for $2.99 at my store and freeze them, too). I use this pizza sauce but only use 1/8 of a cup (1 serving is 1/4 cup for 3 g net carbs, but these wraps make a small pizza crust, so I only need half, PLUS I can get it at the Dollar Tree!), an ounce of cheese, 5-6 pepperoni slices, a tablespoon of onion slivers, maybe some mushroom thinly sliced, and I can eat the whole pizza with no guilt and it fills me up. Takes me maybe 5 minutes to prep/chop stuff (though I often already have sliced onions, peppers, and mushrooms on hand). 15 mins to preheat the oven, and 10 minutes to bake. The wraps don't even need to be put on a greased or parchment-lined pan so the cleanup is minimal.

However, since it's summer, a lot of the time I don't feel like heating up the house with the oven (one day, I'll get a toaster oven--I threw my standard toaster out because WHY do I need it? Lol) so I'll take out my microwave glass carousel plate, cut a sheet of parchment paper to fit about the size of the plate, scatter mozz/parmesan cheese shreds onto the paper, and top with pepperoni and nuke that about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes for a lazy pizza.
  • bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    I love using the FlatOut wraps for a pizza crust (among other things). They are only 6-7 carbs per wrap (depending on which one you get). Will probably make a pizza for lunch after seeing this post :smiley:
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    bdbchick wrote: »
    I love using the FlatOut wraps for a pizza crust (among other things). They are only 6-7 carbs per wrap (depending on which one you get). Will probably make a pizza for lunch after seeing this post :smiley:

Agreed. I have often thought I shouldn't eat them because of the wheat, but the high fiber content really keeps things moving for me in the bathroom, and I manage to stay full on just the one pizza and still lose weight, so ...other people's mileage may vary.
  • bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    So yummy!
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I are totally sold on this chicken pizza crust! While I really like Fat Head Pizza, I think this chicken crust is a whole lot easier and tastes delicious. I would've posted a pic, but dang…..after smelling that pizza cook and looking at all the goop (various cheeses, pizza sauce, etc on top) once that pizza came out of the oven it was quickly cut into portions and happily gulped down, LOL.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Freezing the chicken crusts worked fine-- I popped it in the oven for a few minutes before adding toppings.

I also made some with leftover roast beef-- worked great. I think any lower-fat meat would work.