General Chat

Options

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    It's gotta be done as it's the best way to stay in track.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    It's gotta be done as it's the best way to stay in track.

Certainly is, it's all to easy to go mmm maybe I'll have takeaway tonight, cos I haven't time to cook......spiral.....spiral.....spiral
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    3mulq9onzk88.png

F R I D A Y!!!! What are ye all up to for the weekend?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    yeah my hands are up in the air; me me meeee :smiley:

I've got a nice weekend ahead, Friday night I always have the family round for tea - tonight its going to be chicken curry and Red Velvet Cake to follow (not that I'll have any cake mind you cos I'm not that fussed in general unless I've made it myself - fussy or what!). Saturdays are all about having brunch out at our favourite cafe, a walk around town or wherever we happen to be and then we're invited out to friends on Sunday.

Have a good one whatever you're up to :smile:
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Good Morning how was everyone's weekend, mine was rather unsuccessful, I bruised my rib on Friday night at pole dancing class and found it quite difficult to breathe even when just walking.

On top of this I has swollen glands again, this has been going on for about 8 weeks now, even after the antibiotics still don't seem to be any better, they subsided Sunday after some raw garlic, plenty of fluids, using a hot water bottle as a warm compress and some painkillers.

So I just has a bit of a free for all with food, was craving sugar and carbs for energy so food intake on Saturday was about 5000 calories :o anyway over the week it's not so bad, actually in about a 500 calorie deficit still. Got out for a couple of walks but it was slow going so wouldn't have burned an awful lot.

Feeling much better today, ear feels a little "full" because the fluid is still trapped behind it. Will probably pop to pharmacy for more decongestants or some anti-histamines today.

Today is a rest day for me anyway, so will just focus on eating just under maintenance with the food I had prepped, doing a bit of yoga this evening at home and might go out for a walk for some fresh air.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Ouch your poor rib!! a bruised rib I hear is as bad as a cracked rib! you could be in for discomfort for a while :/
    Goodness you are sounding poorly @tinkerbellang83 - its taking its time clearing up.

I like your positive thinking ref your calories, that is the way to look at it.
    Enjoy that much needed rest day and hope you are feeling much better before long x

Mine was really busy, ended up keeping GS on Friday night so I did have broken sleep but I'll survive. I ate a lot of food over the weekend as well but miraculously not much over my TDEE. When we were at friends yesterday they kept trying to push more food on me!! I hate when people do that. When I'm full, I'm full - NO MORE food! grrr ok that's my rant over LOL

Happy Monday to everyone :smile:
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Ouch your poor rib!! a bruised rib I hear is as bad as a cracked rib! you could be in for discomfort for a while :/
    Goodness you are sounding poorly @tinkerbellang83 - its taking its time clearing up.

I like your positive thinking ref your calories, that is the way to look at it.
    Enjoy that much needed rest day and hope you are feeling much better before long x

Mine was really busy, ended up keeping GS on Friday night so I did have broken sleep but I'll survive. I ate a lot of food over the weekend as well but miraculously not much over my TDEE. When we were at friends yesterday they kept trying to push more food on me!! I hate when people do that. When I'm full, I'm full - NO MORE food! grrr ok that's my rant over LOL

Happy Monday to everyone :smile:

There's nothing worse than when people try to push food, sadly it's become almost a demonstration of love/caring and people can get quite offended. You're right to hold your ground though.

Luckily I think it was just minor bruising as it doesn't hurt at all now :smile:.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    phew glad it was only minor bruising!

Yeah I know people mean well but I just don't like it, I fill up very easily and can say no pretty firmly but they did give me a lot of flack - which I'm well used to but I can take it.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I also think people really just don't get the calorific content of stuff either, like you wouldn't believe how many people commented how healthy my lunch looks today because it's a salad, what they don't realise is it's 1001 calories but they'll give me a strange look when I get a sandwich and a bar of chocolate from the deli next door which is around 800 calories. *eyeroll*
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    I also think people really just don't get the calorific content of stuff either, like you wouldn't believe how many people commented how healthy my lunch looks today because it's a salad, what they don't realise is it's 1001 calories but they'll give me a strange look when I get a sandwich and a bar of chocolate from the deli next door which is around 800 calories. *eyeroll*

Exactly! We are just so calorie aware because we count calories, when I mentioned my calorific scone last week to a colleague I got eye rolls and a 'no way is a scone 620 cals', but it really was and it's not worth it to me anyway - I need that amount of cals for a proper dinner not just a sweet carby snack.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Good Morning all.

I totally forgot about pancake day, so no pancakes for me today. Just had my usual weetabix, banana and choc chip breakfast.

How is your week going? Any goals for the day/week?

My goals this week are:
    • Keep going with new calorie cycling goal (1500 Net on Rest Days/1800 Net on Active Days)
    • Get 2 strength training sessions in this week.
    • Stay off the drink over the weekend.
    • Try my hardest to unblock my Eustachian tube (remember to take my steroid spray, decongestants, vitamins and eat plenty of raw garlic)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Good morning :smile:

I almost forgot about Pancake Tuesday until my son reminded me - I will make a batch later but he'll scoff most of them - at 6ft 3 there's no filling him! I also have a kids club I help with and the kids there will be delighted if I take them some as well so I forecast lots of pancake making - I usually make mini ones.

Your brekkie sounds lovely.

Good goals!

I am such a creature of habit, I don't make goals because I just keep doing what I've always done and that's workout 5 days a week and keep my NEAT as high as possible by being active when I can. Wed and Fri will be my strength training days this week.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Good morning :smile:

I almost forgot about Pancake Tuesday until my son reminded me - I will make a batch later but he'll scoff most of them - at 6ft 3 there's no filling him! I also have a kids club I help with and the kids there will be delighted if I take them some as well so I forecast lots of pancake making - I usually make mini ones.

Your brekkie sounds lovely.

Good goals!

I am such a creature of habit, I don't make goals because I just keep doing what I've always done and that's workout 5 days a week and keep my NEAT as high as possible by being active when I can. Wed and Fri will be my strength training days this week.

Keeping your routine is as good a goal as any :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    I never thought of it that way Ang, I suppose it is :smiley: thanks :smile:
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Decided I'm gonna have omelette rather than pancakes. I don't think I can be bothered with pancakes lol but at least that'll be similar.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    We have Pancake Tuesday? How did I not know this crucial fact?
    And @LivingtheLeanDream I hear ya - I have teen twin boys that are 6'4/6'5 and 220/240. There is not enough food in the world. Especially for the swim team one!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »
    And @LivingtheLeanDream I hear ya - I have teen twin boys that are 6'4/6'5 and 220/240. There is not enough food in the world. Especially for the swim team one!

Swimmers get even more hungry :smiley: those boys are practically giants! You'll have a huge grocery bill for sure.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

I'm not at all religious but will celebrate any festival that involves food willingly ha
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options

I'm not at all religious but will celebrate any festival that involves food willingly ha

Oh I thought it was EVERY Tuesday :)
  • wobblemcwobbleface
    wobblemcwobbleface Posts: 93 Member
    Options

Swimmers get even more hungry :smiley: those boys are practically giants! You'll have a huge grocery bill for sure.

I used to swim and boy could I eat what ever I wanted , whenever (oh happy happy days ! ) you are right they will eat you out of house and home