General Chat

Options

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    ps sometimes I get fixated by the scales but I bought a new floral denim style skirt from Laura Ashley and its a size 8. I realise I have no need to worry about scale number in general but the fact is, if I chose to ignore it how easy it would be to let a few more pounds go on.... yeah, I can't get complacent! self pep talk over LOL
  • TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    @LivingtheLeanDream Edinburgh was cold, yes but thankfully it wasn’t too windy and we didn’t really spend any time outside apart from waiting on a taxi. I would have liked to walk around a little but it was too cold for that — I may visit during summer the next time but even then, it’s never guaranteed to be warm.

Thank you re the next 50lbs...it’s definitely a challenge but thankfully one I’m very ready for. And congrats on the size 8 accomplishment...I’m not sure I’ll ever get that low but I’d be happy with a size 12 really. :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @TheRedQueen I know I should be happy with an 8 and I am, the only reason 8 is good on me is because I'm petite (5ft 2),
    Losing weight is a challenge for everyone but you'll be glad you stuck with it.
    yep Edinburgh is cold anytime of year, its just one of those cities, its northerly position and on the coast doesn't help but its just so beautiful. Its one of those places you can walk everywhere to.
    Where are you from ?
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    How is everyone today? we've had so much rain, it doesn't make you want to be outdoors much - roll on better weather.

I'm seeing the top end of maintenance range again - I don't like it so I have taken action, yesterday I had approx 400 cals deficit, now to keep that up. I decided I would eat nothing after dinner apart from cups of tea/coffee, day one went well so I need to keep going. Doing that is enough to save me 200 cals right away. It takes me a few days getting into deficit mindset so I need to stick it out until I find my groove.

all the best @TheRedQueen on losing the next 50lbs :smile:
    How was Edinburgh, freezing as usual? that is one of my favourite cities to visit, we go most years - I'm sure you had a fab time there.

Ruth

Yes it's been pretty awful down here too, wind was howling all night. Was hoping to get out rowing but cancelled again, so may go for a run this evening when I get in from the cinema (maybe lol) going to see Free Solo.

I like Edinburgh too, but much prefer the rural areas of Scotland around Loch Lomond & Loch Tay.

Thought it'd be good today to get to know everyone a bit better. #TenFactTuesday

Here's mine:

1) My name is Angela, I shorten it to Ange but never Angie (named after the Rolling Stones song).
    2) I am 35 years young.
    3) I am British and currently live in Cork, Republic of Ireland
    4) I have lived in many different places: Durham/Newcastle in North East England (where I'm from), Kent, Suffolk, South Wales, Dunbartonshire in Scotland, Iraq, Northern Kuwait & Afghanistan.
    5) I love crafts, particularly making airplant displays and homemade toilletries.
    6) I enjoy photography & blogging too.
    7) I got into rowing traditional Irish boats as a result of a drunken Christmas work party - 4 of us decided it would be a great idea to enter the Ocean to City race in Cork (22km/28km course) without any experience of rowing and to ensure we couldn't get out of it our CEO commissioned the building of our own boat. No wonder I did Sober Christmas this year.
    8) My biggest weight loss challenge is finding a balance between managing my calories and fueling my exercise appetite increases.
    9) I am heavily tattooed, I have 2 sleeves (both still kind of in progress) 3 back/neck tattoos and my feet tattooed.
    10) My friends would describe me as very blunt & sarcastic, good with sensible advice and reliable.

• LivingtheLeanDream
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Good idea on the update/intro Ange - I can understand you not wanting to be known as an Angie - I always think of Angie in Eastenders!!
    And once you get a tattoo it seems to follow suit that plenty others are added :smile:

What the heck is an 'airplant display'? photos of your tatts and that would be great :smiley:

So I'll follow suit with ten facts about me:

1) Ruth, friends call me Ruthie - I don't mind either.
    2) I'm 49 until 7th June! can't believe I'm almost 50 and can't get my head around it! I feel 25 still lol
    3) I live in Northern Ireland, a rural location near a small town called Garvagh in Co Londonderry - born and raised here and have lived in the house my husband mostly built himself since we got married which is coming up on 31 years. I'm a farmers daughter, we built on my dads land.
    4) keen holiday maker - cruising first and foremost is our thing and we're lucky to travel at least 4 times during the year - yayy to being mortgage free! :smiley:
    5) I wont leave the house without makeup and hair done and wearing something nice :smile: I love all things fashion and colour and of course
    6) Been using MFP since 2012 and in maintenance now for almost 6 years but the battle with the bulge really never stops. I spend a lot of time in the forums here both gleaning info and giving my own ten cents.
    7) I'm pretty active in general, although I have a desk job apart from that I hardly sit down, my hubby often says I have 'ants in the pants'!!
    8) My friends would describe me as bubbly/chatty/upbeat but also a bit of a pushover/softee!
    9) My life revolves around our family, two grown up sons and the latest addition of our grandson who's a wee dote :smile:
    10) Love to try new recipes both savoury and sweet - but lean toward the more savoury myself.

Ruth x
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Good idea on the update/intro Ange - I can understand you not wanting to be known as an Angie - I always think of Angie in Eastenders!!
    And once you get a tattoo it seems to follow suit that plenty others are added :smile:

What the heck is an 'airplant display'? photos of your tatts and that would be great :smiley:

So I'll follow suit with ten facts about me:

1) Ruth, friends call me Ruthie - I don't mind either.
    2) I'm 49 until 7th June! can't believe I'm almost 50 and can't get my head around it! I feel 25 still lol
    3) I live in Northern Ireland, a rural location near a small town called Garvagh in Co Londonderry - born and raised here and have lived in the house my husband mostly built himself since we got married which is coming up on 31 years. I'm a farmers daughter, we built on my dads land.
    4) keen holiday maker - cruising first and foremost is our thing and we're lucky to travel at least 4 times during the year - yayy to being mortgage free! :smiley:
    5) I wont leave the house without makeup and hair done and wearing something nice :smile: I love all things fashion and colour and of course
    6) Been using MFP since 2012 and in maintenance now for almost 6 years but the battle with the bulge really never stops. I spend a lot of time in the forums here both gleaning info and giving my own ten cents.
    7) I'm pretty active in general, although I have a desk job apart from that I hardly sit down, my hubby often says I have 'ants in the pants'!!
    8) My friends would describe me as bubbly/chatty/upbeat but also a bit of a pushover/softee!
    9) My life revolves around our family, two grown up sons and the latest addition of our grandson who's a wee dote :smile:
    10) Love to try new recipes both savoury and sweet - but lean toward the more savoury myself.

Ruth x

That's exactly what springs to mind when I here Angie :lol:

Airplant Displays

I feel you on the ant's in the pants thing, I am the same, I'm in a desk job and even if I am driving and don't go out anywhere I have about 5000 steps in across the day.

I will have to get on to you when I get around for heading North of the border for some tips on places to visit.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    wow I've never seen anything like those, they are AMAZING!! you are a talented gal :smile:
    I'll keep an eye out for more on instagram.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    wow I've never seen anything like those, they are AMAZING!! you are a talented gal :smile:

That's on my other instagram rather than my MFP one, I keep it separate so I don't bore the life out of my friends who have no interest in fitness/food.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options

That's on my other instagram rather than my MFP one, I keep it separate so I don't bore the life out of my friends who have no interest in fitness/food.

that's a good idea, I should probably have two because I no longer post things in general about food and fitness to instagram because family/friends think I'm OTT! so I just stopped posting basically.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Ps Ang, I've been to Cork once, the boys went down to fish the River Blackwater and we stayed all week - its a lovely spot :smile:
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

that's a good idea, I should probably have two because I no longer post things in general about food and fitness to instagram because family/friends think I'm OTT! so I just stopped posting basically.

I actually have three, because I also run the one for the rowing club as well now :lol:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Can you see all of them at one time or do you have to sign out and in of Instagram to see each account?
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Ps Ang, I've been to Cork once, the boys went down to fish the River Blackwater and we stayed all week - its a lovely spot :smile:

Love the Blackwater, it's such a pretty river, it was the first place I did a long row :smile:
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Can you see all of them at one time or do you have to sign out and in of Instagram to see each account?

There's a tab in the app on the top left corner that lets you just switch between them quickly
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    that's great thanks :smile: I'm going to create one and use the username I use for MFP.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    ok I need more help Ang, sorry! do I have to sign out of the existing one ? is it ok to use the same email addy? I'm usually pretty good at sussing things but not today obviously!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    ok I need more help Ang, sorry! do I have to sign out of the existing one ? is it ok to use the same email addy? I'm usually pretty good at sussing things but not today obviously!

No you'd need to use a different email address. I have several to avoid spam to my main correspondence email account.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    I got sorted with the account, now just to add friends who are like minded...
    there are several I would add to this new account, is there an easy way to add them?
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I got sorted with the account, now just to add friends who are like minded...
    there are several I would add to this new account, is there an easy way to add them?

You could add your other account as a friend if it's not public and then just go into the profile of your other one and do it from the Following list.
  • amskinner87
    amskinner87 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Really nice to learn more about the people behind the numbers. Here's some info about me:

1. Alice or Al to my close friends
    2. 31
    3. Born in Bristol (UK) but brought up in Whitley Bay just north of Newcastle on the coast (or Monkseaton for @tinkerbellang83 who might actually know the area). Went to Uni in York and then moved back to Bristol straight after. I've been here ever since.
    4. Sadly retired from work due to chronic health problems. When I first got sick in 2011 I was super fit and super lean but years and years of being ill have taken their toll. Now that I'm not killing myself trying to stay in work it's a good time to lose the weight.
    5. I was a climate change research scientist for the Environment Agency. I worked there for nearly 10 years before I left and I honestly believe they are the best employers ever.
    6. I live with my husband, our cat, occasional lodgers and sometimes foster dogs.
    7. Husband and I are enthusiastic diyers. We have decorated our bedrooms and are currently designing and building all the furniture to go in them from scratch.
    8. We have fostered rescue dogs including a beautiful great dane. We are having a break while we do the diy and then will either go back to that or apply to do dog boarding from home.
    9. I went to my first live concert at the age of 11...my Dad took me to the Ozzfest at the Milton Keynes bowl. Sadly this was before Black Sabbath had become cool again (probably when I was 13/14) and so I got no kudos for it.
    10. I used to have dreadlocks.