What's on your mind today?

Replies

• conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    edited July 2017
    @harringtonen Thank you so much! It's a positive start! Next week could be pure hell if menopause has anything to do with it! :p
    Most definitely eating a few calories back when I exercise heavy. I get reallly hungry that day and the day after runs over 2+ hours. It's tough the day after.
    I used to be the SAME way when it came to coffee, I mean AWFUL and I can be even now if I'm not careful. What helps me is I only drink it from home because I don't like dark roasts or super strong coffee. When I drink a dark roast I put more crap in it cuz it's too bitter for me. I get the light roast (Starbucks Veranda) and have been slowly weaning my sugars and creamer. I'm down to 1 tsp of sugar and 2 tbl of creamer per cup. Major victory for me! Also, on days I'm at home I only drink one cup, days I work I drink 2. I compromised with myself and so far it's working!! B)
  • harringtonen
    harringtonen Posts: 41 Member
    @conchita962 That's awesome! I'm very happy for you!
  • lkellandmay
    lkellandmay Posts: 119 Member
    @Slimpossible007 thanks for the link. EXACTLY what I was looking for. :smiley:
  • realalize
    realalize Posts: 67 Member
    Am enjoying the discussions here. Thank you all for sharing your stories, struggles, experience, wisdom, and accomplishments. I feel I need to share and vent a little.... Forgive me for my ramblings. And thanks for reading!
    I am proud I made it through a whole week on this challenge without having to use a "sick" day. At least, I hope I managed to record it correctly ;) I'm just so discouraged with my weight. I am fairly active, have been increasing my cardio and strength training, and, according to my log, I should be losing, but instead, my weight just keeps creeping up. 3 kilos in one month! I could cut out a little bit more of the junk food, but for now am just focused on not exceeding my calories and not stress-eating. So I almost gave up again this week, because every time I weigh, it's the same thing... I know one day this number will drop. I am trying to rationalize it and not let the number dominate my thinking. At the same time, I'm not really encouraged by how my clothes are fitting since I also feel like a blimp. I have some female health issues (uterine fibroids) for which I am taking some pills (temporarily--it's only for 3 months and I've got 6 weeks left to go). This drug has some side effects, including weight gain. In the beginning I had more issues with the other side effects (hot flashes, sweating, vertigo, nausea), but now it seems the dominant one is bloating! It's like my body is in constant PMS-mode... I'm hoping that this is the cause of the weight gain, It would just be a relief if I could pinpoint the issue and not have to accept failure. Aside from that, I think I should revamp my eating...cut down on the carbs. Apologies is this is borderline TMI. And thanks for providing this space where we can come together for support and encouragement.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    @realalize,
    @Sandera2 is right about your medications. If you are eating the correct calories and tracking your correct exercise calorie count, just about the only way to gain 3 kilos in one month is water retention, e.g. bloating. Please find a source who can accurate measure you body components of lean weight; muscle; fat and water. A simple scale is a blunt measure of total and non-categorized weight.
    Rick
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    NSV for me today

I RAN not fast but I RAN

150 meters in total I done the 1st 100m then another 50 in celebration of not dying while running the 100

@Slimpossible007. Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Next 200m, then 400m then 1km.

You are doing fantastic.
  • srufus
    srufus Posts: 160 Member
    @Slimpossible007 : That is great ! Happy for you
  • craigo3154
    Hit MFP goal weight this morning. (Yay!)

Now the hard part:
    • Deciding maintenance, recomposition or further reduction.
    • Executing on the decision.

Have not yet even worked out in what way to celebrate.
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,357 Member
    amazing work @craigo3154

I failed at maintaining .. I thought I knew everything .. and I clearly didn't ... in saying that I attempted to maintain before I reached my goal weight, I was kinda forced into the situation when my hubby took ill and I couldn't log as I was nurse maid ...

I'm sure you will do brilliantly and i look forward to hearing the ups and the downs of maintenance from your eyes :)
  • RangerRickL
    @craigo3154 Congratulations and thanks for your very instructive life lessons and insights!
  • PaisleyFlower
    PaisleyFlower Posts: 76 Member
    @craigo3154 I think it's natural you have fears around maintenance. We all do :)
    I'm sure you've got what it takes to go the distance. It's just a bit of change management into a new routine but after a while that will be natural too.

What do you snack on? I've been trying to think of better quality snacks that aren't to carb fueled lately myself.
  • craigo3154

What do you snack on? I've been trying to think of better quality snacks that aren't to carb fueled lately myself.

@PaisleyFlower. As I posed in todays status I do not plan snacks. Most days I do not snack at all.

Non-carb loaded snacks:
    • Atkins bars (high protein, low carb).
    • Nuts (like almonds - even better if sprinkled with cayenne pepper).
    • Jerky (careful it's not over-salted).
    • Greek Yogurt.
    • Whole fruit (carbs+fibre, and lower carbs than most processed snacks - definitely not fruit juice).

Ideally you want snacks that have protein, especially if combined with any processed carbs.

Most of these should make you feel sated far more than normal snack foods.

Hope this helps.

• phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,254 Member
    @craigo3154 I think it's natural you have fears around maintenance. We all do :)
    I'm sure you've got what it takes to go the distance. It's just a bit of change management into a new routine but after a while that will be natural too.

In additional to @craigo3154 's great suggestions, I would add hard boiled egg (no carbs), slice of cheese ( 0-2 g carbs, check labels). The lowest carb nuts are pecans, macadamia, and Brazil nuts. Almonds have double those. Pistachio and cashews have the most.
  • RangerRickL
    @phoebelayla Thanks for the info on the carbs in different nuts!