Replies

• Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,290 Member
    Options
    My aim in July will be ---
    -- to lose 7 lbs
    -- to lose some inches
    -- to walk 50 miles

After finishing June I'm making some changes to my aims :)

My aims for July

-- to lose 4 lbs (slow and steady)
    -- to lose 3 inches across the 5 measurements I take
    -- to walk 70 miles
    -- to get my exercise bike out of the shed and start using it.
    -- to be in the winners circle
    -- to motivate others in their goals
    -- to eat no lower than 1500 and no higher than 2000 in a day

I noticed last month my avg net cals were too low to maintain being healthy (and healthy is the point)

• Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I'm Calli from central California. I have found challenges to be very helpful in keeping my focus on healthy choices and I'm looking forward to this one. Consistency is definitely not my strength! My only real goals are to stick to the rules of the challenge for the month - that is already a stretch for me. Looking forward to it!
  • shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Shona. 48 yrs old with roughly 50 lbs to loose. Hoping this challenge will keep me on track even during my holiday! Good luck to you all.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    nyponbell wrote: »
    I want to join but will be going on a two week vacation during the second half of July. Although I can still mostly follow the rules (perhaps I won't be able to accurately weigh everything I eat or myself) I wouldn't be able to post updates, as I am unable to use the forum on my phone (the app doesn't allow it, as I'm not in the US/other English speaking country).

So my question is this; will it continue in August???

@nyponbell. Intention is to have another UAC group for August (nearer to August).

Surprised the phone app will not allow access to forum if not english. You should be able to see the forum from Safari, Chrome or any other phone browsers (not via the app).
  • BexDun
    BexDun Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm going to be giving this a go for the first time.

I'm a rugby union player, entering the league in Sept so trying to do everything I can to get ready for it... It'll be tough! I'm currently on week 5 of a 12 week lifting course which I'm loving! Deadlifts FTW!

I struggle wih motivation sometimes, I have Coeliac and Hashimotos so easily get run down and have a few days where I do not want to move!
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Welcome old and new challengers. I started this great group in April and have lost 6 pounds. I appreciate our leader @RangerRickL; he is inspiring, insightful and genuinely interested in helping all of us succeed. Thank-you Rick.
    My name is Dolores and I live in Saskatoon Saskatchewan, Canada. Today is Canada's 150th bday so the celebrations are on. I am a retired teacher and have 3 small grandchildren that I joyfully connect with on a weekly basis. Looking forward to another great UAC month.
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Dosse1320 wrote: »
    Welcome old and new challengers. I started this great group in April and have lost 6 pounds. I appreciate our leader @RangerRickL; he is inspiring, insightful and genuinely interested in helping all of us succeed. Thank-you Rick.
    My name is Dolores and I live in Saskatoon Saskatchewan, Canada. Today is Canada's 150th bday so the celebrations are on. I am a retired teacher and have 3 small grandchildren that I joyfully connect with on a weekly basis. Looking forward to another great UAC month.

Ya Saskatchewan! Regina gal here. Happy Canada day
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    Surprised the phone app will not allow access to forum if not english. You should be able to see the forum from Safari, Chrome or any other phone browsers (not via the app).

I can of course see the forums on my phone through the website; I just didn't think of it! Mainly because I can never remember my password, so I "wasn't able to log in". But I have now done so and will look into the challenge (even if I'm a bit late to join this month). :smile:

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    nyponbell wrote: »
    craigo3154 wrote: »

I can of course see the forums on my phone through the website; I just didn't think of it! Mainly because I can never remember my password, so I "wasn't able to log in". But I have now done so and will look into the challenge (even if I'm a bit late to join this month). :smile:

@nyponbell. Not too late for this month. Saw the posts in July 1 & 2. Welcome aboard.

Glad I could help with a solution. :)
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Loraine, I'm a Brit living in Las Vegas, NV. I'm too late for the July challenge so hope to join the August one.

I track daily but need the accountability for exercise and just do so much better when part of a group.

I'm excited!
  • MyersCrystal
    MyersCrystal Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome @LoraineGB! We're glad to have you here.