Discussion on "What The Health" and Keto/LCHF Diets...

Options
2»

Replies

• Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    MyriiStorm wrote: »
    I was curious about vegan keto diets... they do exist. I was a vegetarian for 5 years, but vegan keto sounds nearly impossible.

I tried to find a vegan keto meal plan. My daughter-in-law, who is vegan, sent me links to various vegan "keto" meal plan websites. Invariably, each meal had more carbs in it than I wanted in an entire day. Most of the meals had 35-50 carbs, and they advocated three meals per day with a couple of snacks (another 30-50 each) to boot. Personally, I want no more than 20-30 carbs per day, not per meal.

If there is a vegan keto meal plan out there with a max of 30 carbs per day, and at least 80g of protein, I have yet to find it.

There is a vegan low carb (banting) group on Facebook that might have information on the meal plan you are looking for. Since my wife is vegan I have found low carb options when we have dinner together so about 50% of my meals are vegan low carb, which means lots and lots of veggies (fiber) and some organic tofu or other protein source. There are non soy based organic protein sources out there but they are processed in some way unless you make your own from scratch and do the processing yourself. I try to stick to as much organic stuff as possible and very few ingredients on the processed items when it comes to vegan low carb, it can be difficult. As a treat we went out to Red Robin this last week and I got a Vegan Boca burger (wedgie style) and a side of steam broccoli and it was pretty low on the net carbs. My wife who is only vegan for ethical reasons got a full Boca burger with fries.