Options

Replies

• hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Me: 8
    B: 2
    DBF: 2

Agreed @BarneyRubbleMD that's vacation planning for the fight. Best to you on the journey. Great streak going
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Me: 1
    B: 1
    DBF: 1

Yay! I avoided a binge last night, and I am proud of myself.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    DBF: 0

Correcting last night's entry. Closed my diary and checked in here, thinking that was the end of it. And ended up binging big-time...ironically while I was meal planning. :s But I just quit smoking (again) and I know the binge was because of the anxiety and angsty feelings...it was truly a miserable night for both my husband and I. But today is a new day. At least I have my meal plan, workout plan, shopping list, and food prep schedule now. This should help make the rest of this week better.

Congrats @brittdee88 ! It's soooo hard to resist those urges sometimes- very happy for you!
  • brittdee88
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Thanks so much, @Moxie42! Stay encouraged! The fact that you quit smoking is HUGE! I have read in multiple places that we have a finite amount of willpower, so it might be a lot to try to focus on quitting and concentrate on being binge-free at the same time. You may have to just focus on quitting for now while you're adapting until it is an established, automated habit. Obviously, you want to make positive changes, but try to be gentle with yourself during the process when you're not perfect!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @BarneyRubbleMD - Have a great trip. Sounds well deserved.

@Moxie42 - I think @brittdee88 has a great point there! Psst...remember to cut yourself some slack. Guilt is worse than any carb, calorie, or bad feeling!!!

@brittdee88 - Congrats! That's always a good feeling. And I do agree. Willpower is finite and will fail. That's one my favorite things I learned in the book, "Change Anything: The New Science of Personal Success." Amazing how it shifts one's perspective!

(hugs), pats on the back, and supportive and strong thoughts to anyone still out there fighting the good fight!
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Me: 5
    B: 6

Day by day!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    July 11

The B: 3*
  • hillmike56
    Options
    Me: 9
    DBF: 3
  • brittdee88
    Options
    7/12

Me: 2
  • hillmike56
    Options
    Me: 10
    DBF: 4

@moxie42 Smoking messes with your lungs and heart as well, facts most experts agree. The one thing about that battle is you can walk away from it and forget it. Our other battle The BINGE doesn't work that easily. A much tougher opponent.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    7/13

Me: 3

Checking in here has really been great for my psyche. It really makes me feel like I have accomplished at least one thing everyday. It's awesome.
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Me: 11
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry I haven't been on the board. I was out of town for almost a week and the past 2 days was catching up with things. Today was my first day back at work from vacation. I lost track so restarted as of yesterday.

Restart Date: July 12

Me: 1*
    Binge: 1

• brittdee88
    Options
    Welcome back, @lamlam2013!

7/14
    Me: 4
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Me: 7
    B: 7

For those of you who heard my struggles back in April and May... Things are finally lifting! In the last couple of weeks, I've been reminded that extreme stress combined with studying triggers binging for me.. but yesterday I passed my clinical SW exam and things should be looking up now :smile:
    @hillmike56 - I popped into town quick last night for my friend's grand opening. Did you get out to Pour Taproom yet?
  • brittdee88
    Options
    7/15
    Me: 5
    DBF: 5
  • hillmike56
    Options
    Me: 11
    B: 3

@mae918 I was there after work Thursday great location. The goal was 32 oz but that was a new concept for me so 2 British Pints ... 40 oz. My wife really liked being able to sample all the different brews. I think they will do well. Congrads on your SW exam.
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Me: 12

Congrats @mae918 !!!! So glad to hear things are looking up for you!