Plant based friends?

Options
sandykani123
sandykani123 Posts: 5 Member
Hi! I'm looking for some plant based friends! Feel free to add me!

Replies

• StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Just finished the engine 2 diet challenge and have been transitioning to WFPB eating style for about four months and was ready to go meat free. I don't think I'll be as militant on the oils and flours, but with creativity and making it fun, this is a doable lifestyle. We grilled carrot dogs for the fourth and they were awesome! Any ideas for good recipes or plant-based websites would be appreciated.
  • 1975majog1215
    1975majog1215 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im a vegan. I have been for 1 year already! If anyone needs any help, add me
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Toni_fit wrote: »
    Hi I am plant-based but I am struggling! Need ideas for QUICK foods with enough protein... I am soyed out!

I could use some help in the higher fat - enough protein while aiming for low carbs to reduce my flesh to 4oz week. That low carb thing is making creating challenge for me, as I really enjoy beans the way many can do chicken 365 kinds of ways!
  • pjowkar
    pjowkar Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I used to be vegan but switched to pescatarian (health issues, long story). I still eat plant-based 75% if the time.
  • mgesa1227
    mgesa1227 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @joann9991 have you tried meal prepping? I've been vegan for a couple of weeks now and found it found it to be super helpful. I also have a vegan chocolate protein shake that I end up replacing one of my meals with almost daily, so that takes a lot of the overthinking out of it right there :)
  • MobOfBricks
    MobOfBricks Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am vegan for a month now. Mostly for ethical reasons and lowering my carbon footprint.

I dont have any major health issues yet, but I can always get healthier.

Looking for friends too and I will send you a request!
  • mgesa1227
    mgesa1227 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan 15 days now and loving it :) relatively new to this site but I'm loving the community base.
  • katgirlfun
    katgirlfun Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great to find a Plant Based group on here. Feel free to message me, always looking for some awesome recipes
  • katgirlfun
    katgirlfun Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome, hang in there and you'll do great.
    I go to whole foods and Natures Food patch and attend as many Free for cooking classes pertaining to Plant Based lifestyle.

Ive been No meat, cheese, eggs, butter since July 12.
    Down 12 lbs so far.
    Feeling better, still adjusting.
    share any suggestions you have found that has helped you.
  • Hikesandhalfmarathons
    Options
    I've just started transitioning to plant based for health and environmental reasons mainly. Add me :)
    I'm not 100% there yet and it may take a while as I can't bear to throw away food as I'm a poor student haha but I'm not replacing any non vegan food if that makes sense.
  • arielxo
    arielxo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ahh so happy to have found all of you! I've been plant based for 6 months now and am still trying to get the hang of it to meet my P/C/F goals

My friends and family are mostly omnis so it'd be lovely to have people to discuss meals/etc with!

(slowly transitioning to vegan so any tips would be fab!)
  • TartsAndTattoos
    TartsAndTattoos Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    joann9991 wrote: »
    I'm so ready to go full vegan NOW. I don't want to wait until the weekend or after the next holiday. Not eating meat isn't really a problem for me. Like Smileydd23, eating processed and junk food is my problem. My husband is not on board and buys all kinds of processed snacks and ice cream. I will have to get real about my health and hope that one day my husband will be on board.

My son (18) and husband still ate everything in sight when I went plant based 2 years ago. I didn't make a big deal of it, just modified my meals and kept making theirs. A month ago they stood in front of me and asked me to not buy them cow's milk or anymore meat. My face hit the floor with shock. It's a big more prep work for me now but it's worth it. I'll send blessings and good vibes that maybe one day you'll get the same shock. If you don't that's ok, you keep doing you!
  • BEARSpaternalUNIT
    BEARSpaternalUNIT Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Vegan here too- hope to be a support to anyone (vegan or not). Good luck!