Count me stupid!

Options
EryOaker
EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
Hubs and I went on a date last night. We decided to be smart and get Uber for our transportation. We went to several places in the down town bar/restaurant scene. It was nice. I ate steak with roasted brussle sprouts and onion/mushroom on the streak. I had two miller lites before dinner, two after, and about 3/4ths of an IPA during dinner. So not even 5 beers.... and I drank water between each beer!

Holy heck! What bus hit me last night?!?! I woke up with one hell of a hang over! It's now 350 in the afternoon and I just puked my guts up.... the contents of my stomach were from last night... I figured that would be all gone by now. I'm starting to feel a little more human now but wow! Five beers used to be my night starter not my ultimate limit!

Replies

• EryOaker
    Options
    Turns out it wasn't the beer.... it's a stomach virus and it's making its way through the entire family. Ugh! Nothing like being woken up at midnight by a four year old vomiting on you. On the upside, I'm down another pound.... until I rehydrate of course! Lol
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Hahha!
    CRZYFTM wrote: »
    I just puked my guts up.... the contents of my stomach were from last night... I figured that would be all gone by now. I'm starting to feel a little more human now but wow! Five beers used to be my night starter not my ultimate limit!

Whew, glad you found a different culprit!

I nursed a Corona (never my go-to beer) and drank 5 shots of tequila over the course of the evening, following about 8 oz. of grilled salmon. Went down mighty easily.

To my astonishment, I wasn't all that woozy by midnight, but I didn't exactly spring out of bed this morning.... (But my BG was 70 when I woke up - the benefit of sticking to straight booze and no carbs for T2Ds!)

Hoping there's no mid-afternoon lunch-blowing in my immediate future from whatever cause. :mrgreen:
  • EryOaker
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Hahha!
    I just puked my guts up.... the contents of my stomach were from last night... I figured that would be all gone by now. I'm starting to feel a little more human now but wow! Five beers used to be my night starter not my ultimate limit!

Whew, glad you found a different culprit!

I nursed a Corona (never my go-to beer) and drank 5 shots of tequila over the course of the evening, following about 8 oz. of grilled salmon. Went down mighty easily.

To my astonishment, I wasn't all that woozy by midnight, but I didn't exactly spring out of bed this morning.... (But my BG was 70 when I woke up - the benefit of sticking to straight booze and no carbs for T2Ds!)

Hoping there's no mid-afternoon lunch-blowing in my immediate future from whatever cause. :mrgreen:

lol I'm Sure my beers didn't help how terrible this bug made me feel! But I am glad to know that I'm not a "five beer barfer!" Honestly, that was one of the worst "hang overs" of my life. I was starting to think that the Keto-hang-over thing was ten time worse than what people told me... glad to know it isn't just the keto that made me feel like I was dying!
  • EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Oh my - I hope you are feeling better now. I can relate, as I used to be a 4-5 vodka martini girl including beer chasers. Now I can only handle two martinis, but I guess it's all for the better. Party on Wayne!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I could never get more than a single beer in me - mainly because of serious bloating & gas issues (mainly a problem with the traditional commercial beers and not as much with craft beers). Pre- celiac diagnosis. I'm a cheap date - 3 hard dinks in a full evening 5/6 hrs. I get a bit silly on two glasses of wine if I have an empty tummy. Never actually been drunk although I know I've been over the 0.08 limit for driving a few times. Didn't drive tho.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    I could never get more than a single beer in me - mainly because of serious bloating & gas :flushed: issues (mainly a problem with the traditional commercial beers and not as much with craft beers). Pre- celiac diagnosis. I'm a cheap date :# - 3 hard dinks :o in a full evening 5/6 hrs. I get a bit silly :p on two glasses of wine if I have an empty tummy. Never actually been drunk :| although I know I've been over the 0.08 limit for driving a few times. Didn't drive tho. o:)

Like cavorting with salt licks and such?
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Nah, I do crazy stuff stone cold sober too, come to think of it...
  • RalfLott
    Options

Ha, I knew it!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Anything she can do I can do better, I can do anything....Oh wait.... ok, maybe we're on a par here..... :D
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Swap salt licks?
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    So glad you figured it out but sorry everyone is ill!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Feel better!
  • EryOaker
    Options
    I had 2 days of pure he11. Lost two pounds (even after rehydrating) and now I feel great! Thanks to my tummy bug, I'm one pound from my goal! So at least there is that!
  • RalfLott
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I had 2 days of pure he11. Lost two pounds (even after rehydrating) and now I feel great! Thanks to my tummy bug, I'm one pound from my goal! So at least there is that!

Nothing like uncorking both ends of the alimentary canal in pursuit of one's goals!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options

You too, I thought this was my "thing." We must be part of the same gene pool :D
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options

Try to make that last one a little easier.

Congrats on getting a good result from a bad situation.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    Even the very thinnest film of Gold Leaf has two sides....
  • CommanderEmily
    CommanderEmily Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried drinking this round, since the last time I was keto I broke for thanksgiving. Between the stuffing (made from scratch, I have self control but not THAT much self control) and this vodka/sherbet/sprite drink that tasted like the most wonderful beverage I had ever had I don't carw to repeat the experience. The indegestion and stomach pain was awful, and on top of that I got a weird drunk sugar high that crashed really hard into a migraine. I'm sure if I drank responsibly it wouldn't be so bad the next time, but my body remembers and says no lol.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Not drink related but call me dumb too.

Never ever chop chillies and then go to the toilet/have a shower/ remove bodily hair and expect not to walk out of your bathroom wanting to sit in a bucket of water or even better yoghurt!!

My nether regions are smoking hot!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    Honey smeared on the affected parts will very quickly calm the symptoms.