Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo can one of you stay at a parents or friends for a bit?

Bear had one 12mg dose of Benadryl and seemed better, although it makes him paranoid and distrustful. I get up this AM and Dh let him outside. Uh? Bear has allergies, the neighbor is mowing, its wet out and whatever he is allergic to is rather high right now. I made him come back in. Idk what’s easier, Benadryl or vet with a steroid shot and antibiotics. I really don’t like the state Benadryl puts him in. Perhaps dd will help me dose him later. Dh just yells at me because “I make it harder”. Uh huh… poor bear.

Pain
    I woke up about 3 to visit the loo. Walked with relatively no pain in hip. Massaging, stretching and strengthening plus the vitamin D seems to be paying off. I did wake 3-4 time feeling like the bed was an earthquake (internal tremors). So I suspect something neurological plus low D plus leg/hip are still adjusting to rotation surgery. I am dizzy again today. Which I suspect allergies or neuro. I’m just glad overall things are quieting down with the monster pain and stiffness. I do feel the tension/excitement of jerks coming on but I don’t mind them, not painful just goofy and a bit distracting.

I have to get a move on hw today. It’s due tomorrow.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    @swenson19d Poor Bear. Glad your pain is subsiding some. Now - GO DO YOUR HOMEWORK! :wink:
  • swenson19d
    Options
    @swenson19d Poor Bear. Glad your pain is subsiding some. Now - GO DO YOUR HOMEWORK! :wink:

LOL! 3 pages of writing to go (double spaced) and a discussion on hereditary v environmental traits according to someone... hmm. best get on it.

Dh phoned from his doc appointment
    he has been having some tingling in his hands and feet so he had an EMG today. He has bilateral ulnar nerve entrapment. Sounds like they are jumping to surgery. I think PT would be a good start. Any experience or knowledge to share?

homework now...
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @swenson19d just for you… I call these guys the Trouble Brothers…
    pecdsi00nkuf.jpeg
    Fireworks last night were so crazy I made a video of the sound. They were still going at 4 am! My raccoon buddies were up a tree when I saw them. Hopefully it will be a little quieter tonight.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    This is our first 4th of July at the condo and OMG!!! It was insane. At first it was kind of cool, "look at all the fireworks we can see from our balcony". But was the first 30 mins. It went on and on and on. Our dog got an upset stomach and I was up many times with him in the night. At least 5 times! It came out both ends! Some of them were SO LOUD.. sounded like they were right next to the building and these are 11 stories each, so a huge echo.

@shanaber - I remember you having GI issues while running too. I may just have to use running as my ex-lax, lol.
    But I will feel some relief to get a clean colonoscopy done.

Kids went home this morning. I went to the beach to sleep(TONS of sunscreen!) and then I got a text that we are closing tomorrow at work to prepare for the storm Elsa. My preparing will be staying another night at condo and then packing for my trip to VA on Thursday! So happy they closed. It really isn't necessary, I'm sure, but you can never predict what a storm will do! Kind of scary we are getting one so early in the year...

Did pretty well on eating all 3 day weekend except last night when I had two cookies. Forgot to weigh in because I was so tired from the dog. Nice nap on beach.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @swenson19d I'm no help with your DH. Hope you've gotten your homework done by now. LOL

@rheddmobile Those guys are really cute. I hope it is quieter tonight.

@ddmom0811 Glad you enjoyed your weekend at the condo. Yeah for an extra day! I'm sorry you pup got sick from all of the noise. Did the kids get tired of the fireworks before they were over too? WTG sticking to your eating plan too. I don't even try when I have a family get together or special event. Enjoy your trip.

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @swenson19 homework is good lol. So much reading though
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    Oh @shanaber I'm so sorry to hear about Hilde. I know it was expected, it's still never easy. Biggest hugs to you and your family.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Avidkeo I hope the counseling helps you sort out your feelings and that a trial separation, if it comes to that, will give you the time you need to decide if you can make it work or not. Hugs. We are here for you. I hope you get to feeling better soon too!

@shanaber So sorry to hear about Hilde. It's not uncommon to feel a sense of relief when someone you have been a caregiver for passes. That doesn't mean that you didn't care about the person. It's hard. I'm glad she had everything detailed out, so you know who to call, etc. Yes, you will need the death certificate before you can do most things required. I hope it isn't months in coming. That's crazy. I hope you can enjoy your time away to N CA for you anniversary. San Francisco is a fun place to visit.

• rheddmobile
    Options
    @shanaber I’m so sorry about Hilde. She was so lucky to have you in her life.

My grandmother passed on the Fourth of July. We were headed to her house as a family to celebrate and she was sitting on the sofa with the TV on - had to get the firemen out to break into the house and they were so kind. It kind of casts a pall over the holiday, doesn’t it? We still raise a glass to her over dessert, which is traditionally watermelon in our family.
  • rheddmobile
    Options
    I should clarify that my grandmother died decades ago, sorry that wasn’t obvious!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @shanaber I'm so sorry about Hilde. Death is never easy.

Death certificates always seem to take a few weeks. My dad's took longer because a full autopsy was requested to determine specific cause (there really wasn't anything). My uncle's was faster because we knew and didn't need the full autopsy.

Insurance can take 6 months to pay out after they get the death certificate. It's seriously a PITA like all insurance. They just don't want to pay. My uncle died in December and we got the life insurance in May if I remember correctly.
  • swenson19d
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @shanaber Sorry to hear of Hilde's passing. Perhaps there is some comfort that she went peacefully.
    Alex had a cranial autopsy only due to the violent nature but his body was in the mortuary within 3 days and ready for viewing. Death certificate was received about 2-3 weeks and one insurance paid a few weeks after the certificate was received and the other about 2+ months. The funeral home wasn't concerned with payment knowing insurance was being filed. Settling her estate hopefully won't be too much trouble since she left legal documents.
    ETA Re: calling friends/family. Can you ask one of her friends to make the calls?

@Avidkeo Don't apologize for needing us. Share all you need to. Focus on thing getting better in your life. When my ex moved out, it was such a relief for me and the kids. Separation here can be done legally too for the sake of responsibilities and child sharing arrangements.

Bear...
    is still a little sick-ish. He feels well enough to go outside but still coughing and congested. I'm holding off on the vet. The water meter reader stopped for some reason and Bear went out there with a fluffy tail and "what are you doing in my yard" swagger... LOL! I grabbed him before there was a confrontations. 😂 I didn't see where the person was, sure they would have been amused to be visited by my guard cat. DD said she'd help with a Benadryl later. Beanies poop is better. No diarrhea, so yay no vet for her.

I haven't done my HW. it is due today by 1159pm.

@rheddmobile Those trouble brother are my background :smiley: too cute.

@ddmom0811 I wish they'd do something about the fireworks. All the animals are upset about it. Cori growled at the back door towards the neighbors setting off loads. My dogs were hiding before it even started for the third night in a row. I don't know where my outside cat is.

@CMorning99 Hang in there with the vaccine symptoms. I have heard they can get bad. My niece was throwing up. I was fine but had the one dose. Fluids and eat right and watch the BP, rest as you can. You always sound so busy. My day is wake, couch, bathroom, check mail, couch, snack, couch, throw cat toys, couch, amazon/online orders, couch... LOL!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @CMorning99 Sorry you were hit so hard by the second vaccine. Sounds like you are making progress at your mom's and at work, so that's good. Sorry about black cat having cancer. :disappointed:

@swenson19d Glad your cats are doing better.

I had my 6 month follow up with the cardiologist - nurse practitioner today. I told her about having the feeling of a pounding heart (for an hour) while playing tennis yesterday (don't think I talked about it on this thread). She really had no idea, unless it is an irregular heartbeat. Was really confused since, even though I was breathing harder than I normally would, I wasn't what I would call "short of breath" or was showing any other symptoms. Everything looked good today, so she said if it happened again to call and she would order one of those patch heart monitor's to see if they could figure it out. Hopefully, it was a one time thing and it won't happen again.
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    @swenson19 thank you as always for your support. I am so lucky to have so many around helping me through. Do your homework. And crap that reminds me I have an assignment due on Friday.

@quilteryoyo hope the heart is under control. Keep an eye on it eh and definitely get checked out if it happens again.

@CMorning99 stink about the vaccine hitting you like that. Definitely not fun.

My update in the spoiler.
    saw my counsellor this morning. She encouraged a 2 week wait and see approach. Sex is off the table for 2 weeks and we brainstorm ideas about ways we can each make eachother feel wanted. So I think of things I want from DH and vice versa. I booked a session for next Thursday, and another one the following Tuesday. The suggestion was he could go to the session next week, then we come together the following week. Since it's the relationship that needs work. I am open to this and suggested it to DH and he seemed OK with it too.

I commented that this counsellor encouraged me away from separation, because that's what I wanted to do. He was glad of that, then said you realise if you leave me, I'm gone. I'll disappear. I said what about the kids. He said I'm gone, won't have anything to do with them. I said go then. If that's your plan just go. (my dad left us when I was a kid). He said you seem to think we will just share the kids one week on one week off. This has shocked me. I never thought he would abandon the kids.

He is unhappy at the idea of no sex for 2 weeks, to the point he's asked me to sleep downstairs for 2 weeks. I told him that defeats the point. We are trying to find non-sexual intimacy and sleeping separate won't help that. So it's all still up in the air, and now we wait till his counselling session. I was feeling good about things till he dropped those bombshells. I never thought he would just walk away. I always thought he would fight tooth and nail. I now question who he is

Kids had cross country today. I was so impressed by my oldest. She's not athletic at all, and managed to run 1km! My youngest did half a km. So proud
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo wow, that part about the kids is heartbreaking. I hope he doesn't really mean it and was only reacting in anger/pain.
  • swenson19d
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @Avidkeo I agree with @RunsOnEspresso I’d think it’s a manipulation/guilt tactic spoken of anger. My ex had nothing to do with the kids while married, but talk of divorce and I was an absent mother and he did everything. He planned on moving my kids 4 states away so his mother could raise them. He had the nerve to tell me that “one day he’d have a family of his own and I needed to be okay with that”. You have a family you idiot. Men are infuriating. Asking you to sleep downstairs sounds like he wants you to beg and give in to his demands. I’m frustrated for you.

ETA congratulations to the kiddos!