Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Britt's Vegan OMAD Journey

145791021

Replies

  • minigrrllminigrrll Posts: 1,590Member Member Posts: 1,590Member Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Thanks so much for all of the support, everyone! I'm so happy and looking forward to even better things for the future!

    That's so awesome that you're happy - I think that I'm probably happier too - I'm always pretty happy anyway, but just feeling free of the food issue is so huge for me (plus losing weight doesn't hurt either!).
  • brittdee88brittdee88 Posts: 1,935Member Member Posts: 1,935Member Member
    minigrrll wrote: »
    That's so awesome that you're happy - I think that I'm probably happier too - I'm always pretty happy anyway, but just feeling free of the food issue is so huge for me (plus losing weight doesn't hurt either!).

    Amen to the bolded!
  • brittdee88brittdee88 Posts: 1,935Member Member Posts: 1,935Member Member
    Fiancé left a plate in the dishwasher, so when I saw it, I decided to use a proper plate for my meal today. Super basic since I'm not cooking, but I thought I'd get in on the picture parade.

    a55dcp7eygz9.jpg

    2 veggie dogs, corn, green beans, baked beans, 1/2 of a (accidentally crumbled in my bag) vegan protein cookie, blood orange-blueberry smoothie, and glass of red

    Looks like something from summer camp LOL
  • mistymeadows2005mistymeadows2005 Posts: 2,913Member Member Posts: 2,913Member Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Fiancé left a plate in the dishwasher, so when I saw it, I decided to use a proper plate for my meal today. Super basic since I'm not cooking, but I thought I'd get in on the picture parade.

    a55dcp7eygz9.jpg

    2 veggie dogs, corn, green beans, baked beans, 1/2 of a (accidentally crumbled in my bag) vegan protein cookie, blood orange-blueberry smoothie, and glass of red

    Looks like something from summer camp LOL

    I LOVE PICTURES! FOOD PORN!
  • minigrrllminigrrll Posts: 1,590Member Member Posts: 1,590Member Member
    I could actually die right now looking at that. I have, oh, 9 or 10 HOURS to go before I get to eat... I think I'll be having baked beans with whatever I have though, after seeing those...
  • wsandy8512wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897Member Member Posts: 1,897Member Member
    Beautiful meal, Britt! I love all of the colors!!
  • gomissfitnesgomissfitnes Posts: 272Member Member Posts: 272Member Member
    Very interesting journaling. You are very honest about your eating habits and your struggles. It is very helpful. Thank you!
  • brittdee88brittdee88 Posts: 1,935Member Member Posts: 1,935Member Member
    Thanks for the support on this super basic meal! LOL! It was tasty, so I will give it that.
    I'm glad I can be of some help, @gomissfitnes!

  • brittdee88brittdee88 Posts: 1,935Member Member Posts: 1,935Member Member
    Down to 153.8 today! I have not been this low since 2014. 154.2 was the lowest I got two years ago before I gave up on that weight loss effort.

    SN:
    I have been thinking a lot about how much I was planning to cook once I go back to grad school, but I just remembered that I had all these plans to cook and make lotions and soaps and all this stuff when I got my MA because I thought I would have so much free time. Negative. I think I cooked for about a month before I realized I didn't have nearly as much time as I thought. And I ended up piling on a lot of weight and spending a bunch of money because I was ordering out so much but still buying groceries, holding onto the hope that I would start cooking again. I am considering getting a meal plan so that I can eat on campus when I have class Tuesday-Thursday and then cooking once a week for the 4 days I am home doing research (MAYBE - Whole Foods' hot bar/Trader Joe's frozen meals might be mainstays for those days, honestly). Now that I am only eating once a day, I have spent less than half of what I was spending in both groceries and takeout, so it will not be expensive not to cook. But I do love cooking and especially baking because they are therapeutic for me. But I don't know... I may have to play it by ear. And in that case, I won't have many recipes to share :(.
  • tlblanksfittlblanksfit Posts: 1,573Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,573Member, Premium Member
    Better things are on their way for sure!
  • Brendalea69Brendalea69 Posts: 3,461Member Member Posts: 3,461Member Member
    Congrats on the loss :) Your meal looks delicious :p
  • wsandy8512wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897Member Member Posts: 1,897Member Member
    Congratulations on your new low, Britt! You're doing so well!
  • harveyj_88harveyj_88 Posts: 52Member Member Posts: 52Member Member
    Well done on hitting your lowest weight since 2014 keep it up :-)
  • mistymeadows2005mistymeadows2005 Posts: 2,913Member Member Posts: 2,913Member Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Down to 153.8 today! I have not been this low since 2014. 154.2 was the lowest I got two years ago before I gave up on that weight loss effort.

    SN:
    I have been thinking a lot about how much I was planning to cook once I go back to grad school, but I just remembered that I had all these plans to cook and make lotions and soaps and all this stuff when I got my MA because I thought I would have so much free time. Negative. I think I cooked for about a month before I realized I didn't have nearly as much time as I thought. And I ended up piling on a lot of weight and spending a bunch of money because I was ordering out so much but still buying groceries, holding onto the hope that I would start cooking again. I am considering getting a meal plan so that I can eat on campus when I have class Tuesday-Thursday and then cooking once a week for the 4 days I am home doing research (MAYBE - Whole Foods' hot bar/Trader Joe's frozen meals might be mainstays for those days, honestly). Now that I am only eating once a day, I have spent less than half of what I was spending in both groceries and takeout, so it will not be expensive not to cook. But I do love cooking and especially baking because they are therapeutic for me. But I don't know... I may have to play it by ear. And in that case, I won't have many recipes to share :(.

    But you'll still have GLORIOUS food porn! :p
  • brittdee88brittdee88 Posts: 1,935Member Member Posts: 1,935Member Member
    Thanks so much, everyone!
    And yes, Steph, I will still have ALL the food porn :D
  • mistymeadows2005mistymeadows2005 Posts: 2,913Member Member Posts: 2,913Member Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Thanks so much, everyone!
    And yes, Steph, I will still have ALL the food porn :D

    <3 <3 <3
  • minigrrllminigrrll Posts: 1,590Member Member Posts: 1,590Member Member
    Awesome on the new low!!
  • brittdee88brittdee88 Posts: 1,935Member Member Posts: 1,935Member Member
    Thanks, Sarah!

    Got a nice 0.4 lb drop today, so I'm at 153.4! I'm still wishing on a star for 149, but I would be just as happy if I just pass the halfway point of my journey, which would be <152. If I can start August needing to lose less weight than I've lost so far, I will be a happy camper!

    No pics from yesterday's dinner since I was volunteering. I took along my transportable food: Tasty Bite's organic basmati rice and bengal lentils, green juice, a protein bar, and 2 cookies.
    I couldn't get through all of the rice, which was a nice feeling again. I woke up today really wanting something nice and fresh, though, so I think most of today's plate will be the leftover carrots, celery, and hummus. And I also picked up a yummy looking black bean salad that I will likely have with it as well.
  • minigrrllminigrrll Posts: 1,590Member Member Posts: 1,590Member Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    I couldn't get through all of the rice, which was a nice feeling again.

    I couldn't get through all of my burger (veggie obviously) and fries last night, which is honestly UNHEARD of for me... Very nice feeling indeed!

  • brittdee88brittdee88 Posts: 1,935Member Member Posts: 1,935Member Member
    Yaaaay, Sarah! Such an awesome thing to feel in control
Sign In or Register to comment.