Britt's Vegan OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    I'M EXCITED FOR YOUR MOVE (and mine lol) TOO! That meal looks DEILSH! I love a good corn dog! So happy you're finding new alternatives! WOOT WOOT!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Yum, yum and or yum!!! Happy moving!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I'm not even vegan and I would eat that :p I wish you the best on your new chapter o:)
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    I'm back after the move, though not full time because we don't have our internet set up yet! I'm using my phone, and I have limited data. But I missed you all, and I missed writing in my journal!

But anyway, @mistymeadows2005 was right! I didn't stick to OMAD during the move this weekend. I was kind of just grabbing food as I could while moving and didn't get a real opportunity to sit down to a large meal. I will be fixing that this week!

Some other changes:
    ** I started this morning with a walk around my new neighborhood, and I plan to make that a daily habit.
    ** I'm going to start weight training on the days I have class and will be by the gym (Tues-Thurs starting Aug 14)
    ** I won't be following OMAD on my raw days. Since we don't have internet or cable and my books are still packed, I spent last night perusing through my food journal over the past ten or so months to entertain myself. I came across a few entries when I tried OMAD a few months ago during my raw vegan trial. I had forgotten about this, but I was happy that I found them because it reminded me that raw vegan OMAD was not sustainable at all for me. I got full very quickly on very few calories and was starving until my next meal. Instead, I may count calories on raw days (going to try it out today), but I am allowing myself to eat more than one meal. Eating raw is about improving my health and not about weight loss for me. I will continue to follow OMAD on the other 5 days.

Happy Sunday, everyone!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Will be interesting to here how your plan goes. Please do post!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    ^^Britt, I love your newfound attitude all the way around, very freeing! I'm not at the stage where I'm comfortable putting the scale up, but I would love to be! This is my lifestyle, not a diet plan, and it will come off when it comes off. Maybe I'll be ready to ditch the scale at some point.

Sounds like a busy but nice weekend!

I second that.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear the move went well and you're (somewhat) settled in your new place and already managed a walk around the neighborhood. :)
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    happy move Britt, your vegan fast food meal looked awesome! I am sure you will find new healthy options in your new neighbourhood..
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    The moving part is done, now just to start building that cozy home!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks so much, ladies! Finally have internet!
    I'm mostly settled in now, and I'm really taking advantage of the new neighborhood by going on lots of walks. I also began some bodyweight strength training today, which was awesome.
    I forgot just how much I enjoy eating a high-raw diet, and I am just not ready to give that up again after eating raw for the past few days.
    This month, I will be trying out a different WOE that incorporates both high raw eating and OMAD. I am planning 16:8 with at least 51% raw food intake during the week when I am working out and OMAD on the weekends, which are my rest days. Excited to document the changes, and I hope this will stick forever.
    I don't want to confuse anyone, so I will just post pictures on OMAD days, though I hope you all will allow me to still post my food journal daily!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Britt, please continue to post daily. We all support you in your new plan and are excited to hear about your results. Keep them coming!
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    funny you mention the raw foods... I am enjoying some sort of keto meals lately... cutting the carbs and seeing how well I can survive and I like it, although I know I will be back onto them...cycling foods... I recon my type of balance is rotating some days high fat,others carbs, others more protein etc.. we are cyclic!
    Congrats for your final landing to your new place! awesome that you took on board the training :)
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Yay for Internet!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks for the continued support! Oh, and @tlblanksfit, I put a sectioned bamboo plate in my Amazon cart. Thanks for the inspo!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I am thinking I need to get another divided plate. Maybe a 3 section one that has a big section for my salad. I can't fit the amount of salad I want in the divided plate I have.
  • minigrrll
    Options
    I can't fit the amount of salad I have on any plate... I use a big stainless steel mixing bowl! :|
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Yeah, when I have salad I always make a separate bowl or container. It's so voluminous!
  • brittdee88
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Today's eating window: 9:15 - 5:15
    B: A huge supergreen smoothie and raw mixed nuts
    L: dehydrated plantain chips with guacamole and salsa
    CM (cooked meal): hibachi veg, steamed green beans, rice, a glass of red, and a rice crispy treat (not pictured)
    5esp6ah00gaz.jpg
  • minigrrll
    Options
    I love your plate!!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Fancy and gorgeous meal! I'm glad that I've already had my meal. Lol